Reminder with the Fixtures

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Petrifictus

Reminder with the Fixtures

Post by Petrifictus » Thu May 03, 2018 3:44 pm

http://wiki.arelith.com/Fixtures

Just liked to bring up the subject and reminder about the fixtures to the both old & new players.

Recenly I've been working with the abandoned cabin in Minmir with my goblin monk, Karma who has claimed it for himself with the "right of conquest" and turning it into a "Goblin Refuge." He has build workstations, stools, signs, message boards, etc., but recently I'm having a headache with "the housebreakers" who seems just to focus on breaking some of the fixtures I've build there without any roleplay like leaving a "Stay away"-note or such. Just mindless stuff breaking. And this always happen when I'm gone from the game, not when I'm around. I've brought this up to the DMs but felt this subject is good to bring up.

"Mind that taking or destroying fixtures without RP is an act of griefing"

"Taking (or stealing, or destroying) fixtures that don't belong to you must be done with proper RP. Remembers that these are items that others players have put time and dedication to create, so don't take them lightly, but don't be afraid to act if you plan to use them for furthering the narrative. " - Arelith Wiki

Next time when you have trouble with the goblins, bring that up to them and not on innocent furniture. :cry:
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Ebonstar

Re: Reminder with the Fixtures

Post by Ebonstar » Thu May 03, 2018 3:49 pm

we have to have patience as we still have hundreds of new players still absorbing the immersion and way we do things here.

the goblin refuge is nice though
Yes I can sign

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Thu May 03, 2018 4:25 pm

I have heard repeatedly you may only destroy one object per player (or group) per 24 hours.

If more then that happens, go to a DM.
\

Sockss

Post by Sockss » Thu May 03, 2018 6:02 pm

I don't think it's mindless, that place is a high traffic area. (The wiki's not the best source for rules, I thought that the bashing thing was changed to limitless since the introduction of the repair system, so long as you have IC reason)

Personally I think most adventurers that travel through those caverns don't want a goblin (Or any monstrous creature) making a home on the surface.

In all probability them not RP'ing directly with you while doing it is probably quite kind of them, since it'd probably culminate in you getting bashed, as you're a monster. Most people don't like monsters. It's mindless to assume otherwise.
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.

Rivace_Silver

Post by Rivace_Silver » Thu May 03, 2018 6:20 pm

This ties into the be nice rule.. fixture bashing has been a problem for certain groups before .. I understand opinions are like [noses] and that everyone has one .. but cycle cashing fixtures does not further any narrative and pretending it does so you can be obnoxious is plain ignorant.

Im not aiming my comments at anyone other then those who think fixture bashing is fun and exciting ... seriously if thats how you get your rocks off, get a day job.

Let players build a narrative and create RP.. not spend every waking minute repairing every fixture ever placed in an area. that is just tedious and disheartening to the player behind the computer.

If we have a goblin creating a refuge on the surface.. im also going to challenge you to learn conflict RP that doesnt always result in pvp.

"Grab your torch and pitchforks" doesn't always need to be the first response? Ever see shrek? .. sure pvp is a thing.. but not every time. even the lord of the castle (shorty pants whats his name) enlisted and hired (tho deviously) the ogre to go on a mission. (snickers ... yea after a bout of non fatal pvp) Which leads me to my conclusion .. pvp also doesnt have to lead to corpse bashing .. (imagine that!!)
-That one time that Stath did that one thing and it was funny...

-We cannot all be the hero, some have to be the normal folk who make others heros..

- we are all the protagonist of our own stories.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Thu May 03, 2018 6:21 pm

I... I really don't think it was a good idea to post this. Airing personal grievances rarely ends well.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Thu May 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Yeah, this isn't the sort of thing that should be posted to the forums. Report privatly to the DMs if you have a specific issue. (Which the poster of this already did, so that's great, but just putting this up as a general reminder.)
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)