What do you like about your RP style?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Petrifictus

Re: What do you like about your RP style?

Post by Petrifictus » Tue May 08, 2018 10:48 am

I like to avoid power builds or meta and evolve my characters based on their journey. Like ranger Wotan got reason to pick few levels in fighter because his military training in the Oakenhearts Company IC for the example, while some have been given feedback in OOC for not picking rogue or shadow dancer but those did not make RP sense with him.

Or picked his favourite enemies with common nature creatures (animals, normal/magic beasts, vermin, shapechangers, humans because they're common) and spriggans (gnomes) with RP-reasons even if some have told me to favour player races like hins because the goblins and kobolds.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

ArcanaFTW

Post by ArcanaFTW » Tue May 08, 2018 12:15 pm

i really like how bland i am

ForgottenBhaal

Post by ForgottenBhaal » Tue May 08, 2018 1:18 pm

I like goblins. And trying to peddle goods in the hub, which seems to annoy people. I also enjoy asking people what they are doing, when they are just standing in corners brooding. One of my favourit past-time. And speaking proper common.

... Besides that, I enjoy playing creative type of characters. Bards are a favourite of mine. I also seem to tend mostly towards the more uh.. 'sneaky' type of characters.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Tue May 08, 2018 2:01 pm

I like that I learn dialects just enough to disfigure them into horrendous, mistaken stereotypes of the spoken English language.
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

livingNPC

Post by livingNPC » Tue May 08, 2018 2:08 pm

I like how I pop in for barely 10mins a month, see my RPR, then leave until I see an update post.

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Tue May 08, 2018 4:36 pm

livingNPC wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:08 pm
I like how I pop in for barely 10mins a month, see my RPR, then leave until I see an update post.
What did he mean by this?

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Tue May 08, 2018 5:03 pm

I like that I take feats that are detrimental to my build because it's in my RP. Totally bold.

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Echohawk » Tue May 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Need more positive vibes out there.
I do at least try to make sure to be as inclusive as possible, enabling everyone's stories where ever they might crop up.
And no matter if the characters are just commenting on the weather or debating the merits of society standards.. I just go with it. Not everything has to be deep, but we can go deeper.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

GreatGospel

Post by GreatGospel » Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 pm

I do not sprint around the server ignoring everyone I pass.

... Personally I think there should be a RP standard made readily available for people who don't really understand what Arelith is, considering we have an influx of players who just sprint from one place to another killing stuff avoiding interaction.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue May 08, 2018 9:46 pm

GreatGospel wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 pm
... Personally I think there should be a RP standard made readily available for people who don't really understand what Arelith is, considering we have an influx of players who just sprint from one place to another killing stuff avoiding interaction.
Indeed, they should really improve their *nods* rp game.

Huschpfusch

Post by Huschpfusch » Wed May 09, 2018 12:28 pm

What I like about my RP style of Epic Fail is how it gets my characters constantly killed in the most peculiar places under the stupidest circumstances imaginable. Which provides me with quite a range of emotions to go through and some outright whacky ideas for the return to tabletop-desk. And I am not talking about smashing my head against said desk, which though admittely sometimes I very much feel like doing.
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Wed May 09, 2018 3:08 pm

JediMindTrix wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:46 pm
GreatGospel wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 pm
Indeed, they should really improve their *nods* rp game.
You can: "*This one foams at the mouth as she rushes past the throng on to her next bloody quest*"
"*One among the throng looks terrified at the probably violent passer-by* What is the world coming to - egad! Back in my day we used to chop wood for pocket money."
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

Aelipse

Post by Aelipse » Wed May 09, 2018 4:34 pm

I like playing dead. It's so convincing the other players even tend to pick up my corpse and resurrect me at the closest altar.

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Wed May 09, 2018 5:17 pm

I think what I like the most about my RP style is that I have a relaxed, easygoing attitude about it. I go with the flow, I accept that other people have different styles and preferences.
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Wed May 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Opustus wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:08 pm
You can: "*This one foams at the mouth as she rushes past the throng on to her next bloody quest*"
"*One among the throng looks terrified at the probably violent passer-by* What is the world coming to - egad! Back in my day we used to chop wood for pocket money."
Back in my day we walked to school uphill both ways eight days a week 25 hours a day in the blazing hot snow

Roketter

Post by Roketter » Wed May 09, 2018 7:21 pm

I've had a lot of styles during all these 12 (+?) years.

I remember not knowing what the heck i was doing

I remember killing a legendary villain with my lvl 3 spells and the aid of some narrow passageways.

I remember becoming so intertwined with my character to the point i'd become anxious if stuff happened to her friends.

I remember becoming an hyper-confident cut-throat villain, that i rped as having a serious inferiority complex (which was painfully reflective of me :P) rising trough ranks and raising a forming an unsteady army that had to be glued together, with the logical goal of conquering the server... until i made a fool of myself and burned in shame. My style changed a LOT after this, i lost interest in becoming a guild-leader, and seldom looked for positions of power afterwards.

I remember becoming a sleazy and sneaky villain, trying to bind the server into an evil alliance... until someone else stopped my plot.

I remember being a gentle priestess, one that people described as "Always knowing the right thing to say". This puzzled me very much ! :?: :?: :?: Me wise ? Impossible!

I remember leaving the server. Multiple times. And coming back too.

I remember becoming a super-powered lonely druid, spending hours alone and speaking enigmatically to others, my motivations only known to me.

I remember one of my villains doing something so vile i deleted the character.

I remember one of my heroines sacrificing herself to save her loved one.

I remember becoming part of a sordid year-long plot, and turning the balance of power upside down, casting those in power to the depths of abyss and bringing new figures into leadership... then getting inmediately annoyed with it once i realized the upside-down wasn't any better than the previous status-quo, that my plot had benefited others, and that i had no part in the new "normal".

I remember being everyone's friend

I remember being the most hunted man on the server (only briefly, ty god)

I remember being confident in my pk abilities... (wherever did that go???)

I remember trying to become archdruid. THen I remember trying to AVOID BY ALL MEANS being forced into archdruid.

It's a bit odd to say this, but i must say my most memorable characters always came trough while i was undergoing depression, extreme stress or some other disorder IRL. Now that i'm in "Control" or something resembling it, I feel my chars a lot more bland... But maybe my own perceptions where different when i was a crazy inmature young/humanoid idk !

AERMOSS1

Post by AERMOSS1 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 pm

It can be as simply as I desire