Old Player Returning- Connection problems

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

DeflectiveQuestion

Old Player Returning- Connection problems

Post by DeflectiveQuestion » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:42 am

It's been a few years, I think. Played as Valaeron Nohaeris, Bartholomew Maxwell, Mari Toshiku and a few alts. Anyway, broke both my legs in a construction accident, have time to play.

Gist is this: 1.69 crit rebuild is installed, CEP installed, CD Keys accounted for.

Keep getting Can't connect, server timed out errors when direct connecting to any of the provided addresses. Halp?
Last edited by DeflectiveQuestion on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ebonstar

Re: Old Player Returning- Connection problems

Post by Ebonstar » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:02 am

you need to go to beamdog.com or steam to get your version of NWN enhanced Edition, get rid of CEP and then you can log in after you move your cdkey folder into the new folder for nwnee
Yes I can sign

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:03 am

The trouble is that we've transitioned to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition!

You'll need to get a copy in order to connect to the regular servers. Various forum people will be able to walk you through transferring your CD Keys, and there's lots of information in the Announcements section. If you currently can't afford a copy of the game, there may be Arelithians willing to help.

DeflectiveQuestion

Post by DeflectiveQuestion » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:13 am

So I have to re-buy off of Steam or beamdog?
That's... really irritating.

Suppose I'll find something else to pass the time. If anyone knows of any giveaways, let me know?

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:39 am

DeflectiveQuestion wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:13 am
So I have to re-buy off of Steam or beamdog?
That's... really irritating.

Suppose I'll find something else to pass the time. If anyone knows of any giveaways, let me know?
its not rebuying persay. the EE is made for modern systems so you dont have to run compatibility or as admin anymore just to make the computer think its still 2003 and run the game

visuals are cleaner more detailed but the main toys are for the dev team under the hood and such. And for the cost of a pizza you can get another 15 years worth of play with the new changes, that just cant be beat

you can do it, just jump through the portal
Yes I can sign

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:44 am

Another thing worth noting is that support has returned for the game with EE as well.
Containers getting stuck open? A thing of the past.

Beamdog is working on an assortment of other bioware bugs that previously would never have been fixed as well. (ie, they're working on fixing the whirlwind attack bug last I heard)

We also have per-part coloring on armor now! It's no longer a single Cloth1/2, etc for the entire outfit.

DeflectiveQuestion

Post by DeflectiveQuestion » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Sounds awesome, but I'll wait for a Steam Sale or site giveaway.