What's up guise?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Opustus

What's up guise?

Post by Opustus » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:22 pm

Hey all,

I'm yet unable to start playing again, but I'm curious how everyone's coping with the transition. Are things good? Any hiccups? What plans are there for Arelith in the near future? Has the EE lured in new players? Not looking for anything specific, just some table talk round the subject.

Stay beautiful.
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

ForgottenBhaal

Re: What's up guise?

Post by ForgottenBhaal » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:04 pm

Seems like there is quite some new players coming in. There are some bugs with the transition, as was expected. And some people have stability issues, not seen any of those myself though.
All in all, It seems to have gone rather well imo.

Memelord

Post by Memelord » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:08 pm

'Quite a few'? Haha, we're up to about 200 players on average from like noon to late evening in the continental USA; dips down to around 60-100 during off-peak hours. Those are some exceptional numbers, for a game this old. I feel like its really been a phenomenal breath of fresh air for NWN.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:12 pm

Everything is on fire.
Send help.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Infinite spells and disguises are broken, and storage chests can eat items at the moment.

Theres also Intel graphics not working, and reports of items vanishing from inventory on server transfer.
\

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:00 am

BegoneThoth wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:39 pm
Infinite spells and disguises are broken, and storage chests can eat items at the moment.
I hope we've now fixed the last of the storage chest bugs (as of last night)... fingers crossed.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Doesn't sound too bad. Happy to hear you're swamped in n00bs. I'll send water elementals to hose down the fires.
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:28 pm

It was much smoother than it could have been. Get EE already, Unc!

Undulat

Post by Undulat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:12 pm

EE has meant microstutter and FPS lag for me despite good hardware that can run modern games on high settings. Reported it to Beamdog and looking through the bug reports it seems there's others with the same problem. I really dislike frame drops and currently it sucks the fun out of the game for me, which is a shame. Enhanced Edition was meant to improve the game but now I've basically paid money for a game which I already owned and which have worked perfectly for me for 16 years to suddenly have problems running it smoothly, even when setting graphics way lower than they ever were in the original.

It has also meant my quarterstaff monk doesn't work as intended until NWNX is updated. But at least I know that will be fixed, not so sure about the FPS problems.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 pm

Areas with the light pillar objects (such as the arcane tower) tank fps hard even on beefy machines.
\