Question about Quarters

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

CaptainGuy

Question about Quarters

Post by CaptainGuy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:17 pm

Hello, I'm Captain Guy, after EE came out I decided to finally give this PW stuff a try and my friend suggest Arelith. You might have encountered my character, the Dwarven warrior Einkill Anzulkarin, around Cordor. I look forward to RPing with you all in the future.

The reason I'm posting is because I have a question about finding quarters. Which is a bummer because I need a place to keep my crafting supplies and a homebase for me and my friends. I've been wandering around Cordor for a while and I can't seem to find any available quarters. I was wondering if anyone knows where there are vacant quarters or if there's some trick to finding a place?

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Question about Quarters

Post by DarkDreamer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Explore, especially look to Brogdenstein and the Earthkin settlements, places go fast unfortunately.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:26 pm

There are no real tricks. One thing you can do is pay attention if you see someone online and keep checking their quarters, but there is no longer any easy way to know if they've been online recently other than your own memory. The other option is to post on the message boards saying you'll buy a spot, though you'll probably get charged through the roof.

As a dwarf, your best bet may be to connect with Brogendenstein and the characters that run the faction there (if that's your thing). They are very active and friendly.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:44 pm

With the huge influx of new people from NWN EE, I imagine quarters are going to be a scarce commodity for a while. You might check out the bank vaults underneath the Clover social club. Not a great place to hang out, but they at least offer some storage space.

Mayfield's tavern also has a pretty high turnover rate (because the rooms there are naaaaaasty).
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Brandon Steel

Post by Brandon Steel » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Quarters are really scarce right now for the most part, but if you’re looking for storage over everything The Fools Clover usually has vaults for sale.

O-H41

Post by O-H41 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi Captain Guy. I think it also bears mentioning that the signs don't necessarily say at a glance if the quarter is available. You actually need to interact with the sign - click on it, and if the owner hasn't refreshed their quarter within the allotted time, you can take over the lease.
Lilah Lannald: Is it cheese?
Corbin: Its---yes.
Corbin: Its cheese.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:21 pm

For note, you do need to have the gold on you to take over the lease. It will tell you on the sign exactly how much it will cost.

Intrepid42
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Intrepid42 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Xerah wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:26 pm
As a dwarf, your best bet may be to connect with Brogendenstein and the characters that run the faction there (if that's your thing). They are very active and friendly.
This is true.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:20 pm

If there really aren't any places available, a vault could do the trick, or you could ICly approach a character that owns a mansion/guild house, and ask to live there.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

CaptainGuy

Post by CaptainGuy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:37 am

Baron Saturday wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:44 pm
With the huge influx of new people from NWN EE, I imagine quarters are going to be a scarce commodity for a while. You might check out the bank vaults underneath the Clover social club. Not a great place to hang out, but they at least offer some storage space.

Mayfield's tavern also has a pretty high turnover rate (because the rooms there are naaaaaasty).
Yeah I went with a vault under the Clover, which also has the benefit of being close to some crafting stations in the Falcon Fletchers.

taoofbalance

Post by taoofbalance » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Plenty of Quarters available on Sencliff for those that don't mind being a Pirate. :)
"Typical larval god fetus..."-Patrick Rothfuss.

wulfburk

Post by wulfburk » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:32 pm

And on guldorand last i checked ( on the temple)

Stratonike Silvbriga
Archamus Schelen
Demetrius Herhtov

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:48 pm

I was surprised to learn today that some of the huge houses in Cordor don’t even come with a storage chest!

DarknessOfDespair

Post by DarknessOfDespair » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:32 pm

You could try that one tower in the sh- oh wait nevermind.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Teshil wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:48 pm
I was surprised to learn today that some of the huge houses in Cordor don’t even come with a storage chest!
thats odd, some have two but never saw a place without at least one
Yes I can sign

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:17 pm

It’s the one behind the mercantile building. It was the church of Kelemvor for a while recently. I even asked a DM to help me find the chest in there.

Versatile

Post by Versatile » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:37 pm

That is a temple even though it counts as a quarter. I believe there is another over by the palace.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:12 am

Yeah was always odd that never had a chest.