In USA Midwest and no lag? Need your help!

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

I_Am_King_Midas
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: In USA Midwest and no lag? Need your help!

Post by I_Am_King_Midas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:52 pm

ATT says they cant resolve the issue as they were only able to deal with issues on my modem or within a hop of it. I got told about ATT 360 and given their number 877 888 7360. I called over there but saw that it was a fee based service. Not sure if they would even be able to help us or what the fee would be. Has anyone else made any progress with any of this?
Last character: Vahrix Amolyn

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:40 pm

Unfortunately, the ISP doesn't allow for adjustments to their routing. They're now able to bill for more direct routing, like that 360 above, so that's what they do. We won't get out of this without spending money.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:25 pm

My brother did some investigating of his own into this and found that this is a problem that has been reported with several different servers, not just arelith, and not just NWN related, and nobody has been able to get anywhere with AT&T. Sounds like a great reason to switch to Comcast to me.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:03 am

Perhaps its worth looking into other ISP if possible, smaller ones usually offers better services in general but AT&T is pretty big so they might have monopoly where you live, I dunno.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:53 pm

If I lived on my own, I never would have gotten service from ATT in the first place, but I don't so I have to go with whatever my brother has. Otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree. AT&T is garbage. I used to use Comcast and I was very comfortable with the service and support I got with them.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire