OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

HDR Contrast Shader

Post by DM Symphony » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:01 pm

Hello, I'm Symphony.

Recently, in the "Gamma" discussion here in the Shanty, I posted a link to my dropbox with an .shd override for expanding the lights and darks of the game, an override many people downloaded for increased visibility in darker areas of Arelith.

That was testing, and this is step #2, I've posted the shader on Steam Workshop and the Neverwinter Vault for public release. If you have previously downloaded the override, and are using Steam, you may consider deleting it, and subscribing to the Steam Workshop Item instead. If there are changes I make to the shader script due to feedback and design consideration, any updates I make will then automatically push to any subscribers.

If you are using the Beamdog launcher, you can download the override from the vault page, and place it in your override folder. At this time it is identical to the version I posted in the Gamma discussion, but the Vault page and Steam Workshop page both have in depth descriptions of the shader's function, and screenshots of it in use, if you are interested in more than just the file and heresay.

Step #3 is forthcoming, I am working with the team on assembling a large collection of optional overrides to consolidate recommended files into the first ever Official Arelith Override Package.

This shader will be included alongside Arelith specific materials, such as the 2da overrides, some popular community overrides, such as the 2da's that allow access to more portraits and soundsets, along with a suite of cosmetics (models, textures, tilesets) in line with the wishes of the current team's visual intentions.

It will likely be the case that some of my own content will be included, though I have not made much community content myself, since most of my work is made to test experimental features. This will change soon, but I don't plan on catching up to the decade of headstart from community veterans like Zwerkules, Lord of Worms, Pstemarie, and others.

Additionally, while a lot of my time will be spent curating other content, targetting Arelith specifically will allow me to make custom materials conform to the server's design, filling in needs as they come up, and developing our upgraded assets over time for the needs of the server's development, just as scripts and areas are developed.

Since typical override sets, such as NWNCQ, a variety of "facelift" compilations, and Project Q-hak-to-override packages, are not made with Arelith in mind, this will give forthcoming content the advantage of being edited and tailored to suit our areas specifically.

Here are the official links for the Contrast shader:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1353237605
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... r-override

roy rutan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: HDR Contrast Shader

Post by roy rutan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 pm

Thank you