Hello Arelith!

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Hello Arelith!

Post by KT28 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Old long-time player here! I've been poking around the server for the first time in a really, really long time. Long enough that I wanted to make an introductory returning-player post.

I used to play Nautilus back in the (old, old) days. I've also played many other characters under different logins who y'all may or may not remember, including but not limited to:

Proxy, the angry tiefling
Penrose, the slum-dwelling tattoo artist
Parthalon, the wanderlusting adrenaline junkie

If you played with of my characters, please reach out - I'd love to say hi!

I've barely scratched the surface of all the changes that have been made to the server in my absence. It feels almost brand new, which is super exciting and a little overwhelming. The devs have done an excellent job.

I'm hoping to shake the rust off and get back into the swing of things (though I am like, an adult now with a full time job, so the good old days of staying up until 5am RPing are probably sadly over.) Looking forward to seeing everyone in-game and meeting all the new folks!

cptcuddlepants

Re: Hello Arelith!

Post by cptcuddlepants » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi!

I've heard of Nautilus. There's a statue of him somewhere that I can't remember. Same Nautilus?
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 pm

I can only assume so! I think there were statues of Nautilus and a few other Hoarrans in Minmir Falls, if that's the one you're thinking of.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:46 pm

KT28 wrote:I can only assume so! I think there were statues of Nautilus and a few other Hoarrans in Minmir Falls, if that's the one you're thinking of.
I think so yeah, and they are old as heck in server terms. Might be the originals!
\

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:51 pm

KT28 wrote: I used to play Nautilus back in the (old, old) days.
Holy crap. I know a whole bunch of people who will freak out at your return. We did not interact much, the two of us, but I am still very happy to see you back. Your quality of rp inspired many back in the day.

Welcome back!
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:03 am

Borin Drakkmurl wrote: Holy crap. I know a whole bunch of people who will freak out at your return. We did not interact much, the two of us, but I am still very happy to see you back. Your quality of rp inspired many back in the day.

Welcome back!
Thank you very much! I'm glad to be back - here's hoping we get to interact more this time around!

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:08 am

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOUREBACKYOUREBACKYOUREBACK

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 am

Kuma wrote:aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOUREBACKYOUREBACKYOUREBACK

Told you.

(Also, btw, I think back in Nautilus' day...I might've been playing Urebriwyn the wild elf, or one of my orogs, though I doubt you remember the name.)
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:23 am

KT28 wrote:I used to play Nautilus back in the (old, old) days.
Welcome back!

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:24 am

*Gleeful screaming intencifies*

Great to see you around again! Hope we run into each other at some point.

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:40 am

Kuma wrote:aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOUREBACKYOUREBACKYOUREBACK
Kuma! It's been a mindbogglingly long time! I was just reminiscing about Nautilus and the MageTrain(tm) the other day - those were really good times. I hope we run into each other in game soon, I'd love the chance to RP with you again.
Borin Drakkmurl wrote:Urebriwyn the wild elf
Oh, you're Urebriwyn! I remember him - I always wished we could have RPed together more. I've heard nothing but glowing praise about your characters from everyone who's played with you.
yellowcateyes wrote:Welcome back!
Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen you around, yellow. Shaalira was a true gem to RP with; so glad to see you're still active!
Yma23 wrote:*Gleeful screaming intencifies*

Great to see you around again! Hope we run into each other at some point.
Yesss, Yma's still around! I'm really excited to hear about the characters you've cooked up while I've been gone. You were always able to express such depth through your characters with enviable ease. I hope we run into each other ingame too!

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:45 am

Wow! *All the hugs!* Welcome back!

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:52 am

Emotionaloverload wrote:Wow! *All the hugs!* Welcome back!

-S
Thank you so much!

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:56 am

Nautilus was a distinctly memorable character and one that, as a player, I greatly enjoyed observing. As others have said the quality of the RP was often inspirational, and I hope you find a similar motivation on your new character as you demonstrably had back then.

Naturally I also hope you enjoy the changes; we've definitely been busy since you left.

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:32 am

Irongron wrote:Nautilus was a distinctly memorable character and one that, as a player, I greatly enjoyed observing. As others have said the quality of the RP was often inspirational, and I hope you find a similar motivation on your new character as you demonstrably had back then.
Thank you, Irongron - this means a lot! I fully attribute Nautilus' success as a character to the litany of excellent villains, allies, and personalities he met along the way. Honestly, I was a complete role-playing noob when I first rolled up the character. Through learning from excellent peers and role models (some of whom have appeared in this thread!), my eyes were opened to what roleplaying can be. I genuinely appreciate everyone I've had the privilege of learning from during my time on Arelith.

And again, super looking forward to exploring all the new updates!

The Salt Elemental

Post by The Salt Elemental » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:50 am

KT28 wrote: I used to play Nautilus back in the (old, old) days.
HI there, you don't know me, but I love your statue and it inspired me to play a Hoaran. <3 Hope to see you around ig. Look for the blue tiefling. Welcome back!
"We rise and we fall
and we break
and we make our mistakes
and if there's a reason
I'm still alive
when so many have died,
then I'm willing' to wait for it."

InTheFlesh

Post by InTheFlesh » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:07 am

Nautilus was the first PC I saw in ~44-45 AR when I first arrived here, and it contributed to my staying.

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:03 am

Would it be OK if I played a Hoarran Monk called Cuttlefish? Would that be too derivative?

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:01 am

my pc literally helped wage a holy war over the nautilus statue in nexus falls just fyi

you own by proxy

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:53 pm

The Salt Elemental wrote:HI there, you don't know me, but I love your statue and it inspired me to play a Hoaran. <3 Hope to see you around ig. Look for the blue tiefling. Welcome back!
I'm glad the statue could inspire someone! (If only I could remember much of this statue, my memory is actually embarrassingly horrible.) I'll keep an eye out for the blue tiefling!
InTheFlesh wrote:Nautilus was the first PC I saw in ~44-45 AR when I first arrived here, and it contributed to my staying.
Hello! Your username looks so familiar, yet I don't think we actually played together that much (I've had many-many a secret alt since Nautilus, but I don't think we've run into each other). I think maybe you played a pious halfling for a while? Hope we run into each other this time!
Dr. B wrote:Would it be OK if I played a Hoarran Monk called Cuttlefish? Would that be too derivative?
I think the Hoarran police would arrest you for not being broody enough. Must be at least this broody to ride the Hoarran coaster.
TimeAdept wrote:my pc literally helped wage a holy war over the nautilus statue in nexus falls just fyi
War and intrigue! I hope I get to hear more about this!

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dalek Caan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:22 pm

... So much for "They always come back." ^^

Hi, welcome back :-)

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Well hello there. :)
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Penrose bled so much life into Lower Cordor. She really made the slums feel dirty and dangerous. Welcome back, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Hello there, yes I remember the name. I think various of my chars met Nautilus. Currently, I am playing in Bendir. Look out for Ivory (sadly since mid January I can't play much for health reasons, but I am getting better soonish!).

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:10 am

Dalek Caan wrote:Hi, welcome back :-)
Thank you!
Seven Sons of Sin wrote:Well hello there. :)
Seveeeen. Hello! I seriously hope I catch you in game sometime. Cooking up a character I have a feeling you might like :)
Ork wrote:Penrose bled so much life into Lower Cordor. She really made the slums feel dirty and dangerous. Welcome back, can't wait to see what you come up with.
I'm super flattered someone remembers Penny - she was a lot of fun to play. Thank you for the welcome :)
Cuchilla wrote:Hello there, yes I remember the name. I think various of my chars met Nautilus. Currently, I am playing in Bendir. Look out for Ivory (sadly since mid January I can't play much for health reasons, but I am getting better soonish!).
I remember you! Man that was a long time ago; I remember enjoying roleplaying with you. I hope you get better soon - wishing you a speedy recovery.