OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Stath

Re: Favorite Player Home?

Post by Stath » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:49 am

The foxs den

Oh

Wait
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:45 am

For me, the outpost, hands down.

Tryn Dralar

Post by Tryn Dralar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 am

I own my favorite place finally after 3000000 years on Arelith, and with my Favorite character, the Camp Site. The best part is, it actually got update since I've owned it, whoot!

Mentioned by Rhue earlier on decorating the interior of the tent, I have spent so much time trying to figure out a nice way to decorate inside and out. Gone as far as asking Irongron to remove ALL the fixtures at the camp inside and outside the tent to be removed that players cannot pickup. Think its 4 fixtures. Loom and anvil inside, and the cook pot next to the cook pot that's part of the tile set as well as one of the carpentry fixtures outside. And just make all three cook pots that are part of the tile sets usuable with an invisible placeable with the cooking interaction.

Also love the cave house in guldorand, nice private outside yard with a neat view. Guldorand Guild house is pretty darn slick as well.

livingNPC

Post by livingNPC » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 am

To me was ofcourse the House of Gallyn, home of Sylwyn and Nevyn Gallyn, the twins. Was the house in Myon, next to the Mythal. Decked it out nicely with statues and paintings, from famous characters I met from that player time period. Personal library was also deck out more with elaborate rugs and furniture.

I eventually turned into the House of Reverie, after Nevyn retired his character and then ran it as a public guess house, before the Devs updated into an actual public guess house :)

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:49 pm

The mansions in Andunor are great. The redoubt built into the wall near the sibiyad portal is also awesome.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Dorkas wrote:Surprised no one has mentioned ships, they're awesome. Sadly, super-duper-hogged, so some people never ever even get a chance to see/use them.
I love the Weary Troubadour, it is such an impressive ship. Right up there as my favourite quarter for sure. If you befriend Yeto he'll probably let you take it for a ride :)
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Tryn Dralar

Post by Tryn Dralar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:35 pm

WanderingPoet wrote:I love the Weary Troubadour, it is such an impressive ship. Right up there as my favourite quarter for sure. If you befriend Yeto he'll probably let you take it for a ride :)
This is absolutely a false statement :)

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:20 am

"Probably" :)
Last edited by WanderingPoet on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:07 am

Dorkas wrote:Surprised no one has mentioned ships, they're awesome. Sadly, super-duper-hogged, so some people never ever even get a chance to see/use them.
Wanted to mention the Dreadnough and the Shipyards house! Both great places. (The shipyards house would be even greater if the upper parts could be made public without the room holding the chest.)

And: There is an public board for all that want to join the ships crew, want to be called if it sets off or just want the aid of the ship for special events. (Just need to pass the loyality testing fearsom gaze test...: )

Also I like the Ogres Caves because not many other places adresses the wild side of monster races.

Greatest rp was in the UD communial caves transformed into a goblin cave with celebartion area, temple, crafting, deeper vault, and meeting place. (But the place just offered/offers the opportunity and is not really designed for this.)

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:18 am

From all the ones i've been to,the Radiant heart cave and the Cordor estates (specially the one used by the Waynolts and the ones with the small pools)
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by woodbreeze » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:13 am

Not my favorite home, but there's a burrow in Bendir that someone put a lot of love into. There's a signboard description explaining that the entire ceiling is a mural of fields and a family of badgers, with gem dust adding a bit of glitter to the ceiling as well.

Love it, and kudos to whatever clever mind came up with that.

Wordless Truth

Post by Wordless Truth » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 pm

Guldorand 'secret' barracks.

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:56 pm

The Bendir Dale's Turfhome with a cellar. Lots of room for my upcoming brewery.
Also love Hawk's Nest Inn's rooms, one with the half-orc sized bed. Pity I could not pick it with me to Wotan's new home as that bed was luxury to him.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Endrak

Post by Endrak » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Before the Cordor redesign, there was a quarter tucked away in an alley behind the Speedy building that I wanted to run a faction out of. It wasn't marked on the map, and barely anyone knew it existed since there was no reason to return to that dock after you created your character.

The redesign turned it into just another house, I believe.

Sidryn Severlee - Active
Isola Camlann - Active
Dhuma Vrang - Inactive
Ilya Melkana - Rolled

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:27 am

The ships are a lot of fun and have a lot of unused potential for rp which I am currently attempting to utilize. They also have a surprisingly good space for placing fixtures. Using a stationary object, dialogue, and scripts the devs actually managed to create a pretty convincing enough and immersive sailing experience that opens up several rp opportunities. Ships are definitely my favorite "quarters" even if owning one means I can't own an actual quarter.

Oh the year was 1778...

pigman

Post by pigman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:16 am

the cordor graveyard house

Jack Oat

Post by Jack Oat » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:52 am

The old Harper base/Cordor sewer guild house was absolutely awesome. Tucked away, rarely found, but once you were in it was a sprawling, well-designed place with TONS of RP potential and great memories.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Garrbear wrote:

quite bluntly we can't balance the server around people who don't play well

Irongron wrote:

My main takeaway from this is that Jack is apparently personable

TG
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe

Post by TG » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:25 am

Wharftown. Not that I owned it per say.

All of us at the time put a lot of work into building the environment and it always warmed the cockles of my heart to see something, not so much elaborate, but thoughtfully placed. The trash bins being rp'd as plants with voracious appetites; the one tree, Skogul, we pretended 'ran away' from FoD; the ship slowly becoming a monstrosity as we replaced its parts bit by bit; the never-ending battle to keep the pas of despair lit up. And, my favorite, everyone agreeing to map the islets though there was no way to do it beyond out little stone signs and very detailed, but ultimately useless, log entries.

Or, in short, it actually felt like a tiny home away from home.
"You can't a fool a me there ain't no sanity clause." - Chico

azrael_athing

Post by azrael_athing » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Currently my favourite is the central Cottage in Burrowhome, the one with the big cellar that doubles as a private workshop. It was amazing to house the Gnomes there for a while.

In general the buildilngs are great, but I think they are highly unappreciated, as they can be used for so much more then just hoarding ones stuff in. And in particular the ones that fits proper meetingchambers.

Also, all the houses of those size really should have a lockable bedroom, so that the owner can run a small guild, but still have a chest for itself.

METAL BAWKSES

Post by METAL BAWKSES » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:48 pm

I actually really like the wagons, even if they're just a smidgen out of the way now.
Active: Actually playing something again!
Hiatus:
Another wild mage
Inactive: Colette Fletcher
Colette Melchiott
Dhaun'stra
Sile
Fiore Vasari

Arise_Gargantua

Post by Arise_Gargantua » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Tansy's Mill! I was roleplaying it as her home before it became available as a quarter, and inside it's just great... the best home I've had on the whole server. I actually prefer the downstairs, public area to the upstairs, but that's partly because I haven't fixture'd the place up properly yet.
Song of my soul, my voice is dead, die thou, unsung, as tears unshed shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:24 pm

The Tyrant's quarter in the old Grondhouse. Don't know if it exists now in the version of the faction house that got transplanted into Andunor.

It was so good. So many small touches that hinted at the nepotism, egocentrism and greed of the place.
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:30 pm

TG wrote:Wharftown. Not that I owned it per say.

All of us at the time put a lot of work into building the environment and it always warmed the cockles of my heart to see something, not so much elaborate, but thoughtfully placed. The trash bins being rp'd as plants with voracious appetites; the one tree, Skogul, we pretended 'ran away' from FoD; the ship slowly becoming a monstrosity as we replaced its parts bit by bit; the never-ending battle to keep the pas of despair lit up. And, my favorite, everyone agreeing to map the islets though there was no way to do it beyond out little stone signs and very detailed, but ultimately useless, log entries.

Or, in short, it actually felt like a tiny home away from home.
That one house that had Peaches the dog.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Jack Oat

Post by Jack Oat » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:01 pm

Baron Saturday wrote:That one house that had Peaches the dog.
That house is out front of the Tower now. Didn't know the dog's name was Peaches so we named him Krieger. Woops.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Garrbear wrote:

quite bluntly we can't balance the server around people who don't play well

Irongron wrote:

My main takeaway from this is that Jack is apparently personable

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:42 pm

Jack Oat wrote:
Baron Saturday wrote:That one house that had Peaches the dog.
That house is out front of the Tower now. Didn't know the dog's name was Peaches so we named him Krieger. Woops.
Heck, I'm just happy it's still around!
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain