Adventures of NWN:EE!

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Adventures of NWN:EE!

Post by DarkDreamer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:01 pm

I agree whole heartedly Dunshine, there is no need for it.

Kizat

Post by Kizat » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 pm

Uh...

Guys. Does it not occur to any of you banning critics is only going to pour fuel onto the conspiracy fire here.

Supposing they're wrong, you've probably convinced twice that number they're right with this.

Makes it look like they've got a valid point, which admittedly now it looks very credible that they do.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:07 pm

Can't have a discussion with people derailing every conversation. Being a critic is different than being a troll, which is the case here.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Kizat wrote:Uh...

Guys. Does it not occur to any of you banning critics is only going to pour fuel onto the conspiracy fire here.

Supposing they're wrong, you've probably convinced twice that number they're right with this.

Makes it look like they've got a valid point, which admittedly now it looks very credible that they do.
I'm sure banning people who think the earth is flat makes them think they have a valid point, too, but that doesn't mean we need to tolerate them shitting up the forums.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:10 pm

There not banning critics, they are banning people that are being true jerks and going out of their way to derail the system and make the person feel bad.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Criticism is fine, and always has been. These were specific accusations, and false ones, that not only spread actual lies about the Dev team, but also seem to be attempting to bully the original poster.

I don't have time to deal with that kind of raving, and while bans may seem harsh to some I'm personally fine with it. People are free to believe any insane conspiracy theory they choose to, or promote it if they're so inclined, but not here; They'll just have to shout it at passing cars like everyone else.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:54 pm

In all the years of playing on this sever, I have always called this place home and with pride. To see how people are so fueled with some missguided rage, spreading lies and false accusations about other players and the devs who created this sever in there own spare time for free. I feel ashamed of us all. And for what, a company who wants to listen to the community and ensure that this game we all play and love is revived again.

To the OP i agree with you mate, I very much like the EE beta that the dev team has made for us. And i see the possitive asspect that EE brings to the nwn community in the long run.

To the devs you guus keep up the great work you really know how to create a immersive world for all of us to enjoy.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:36 pm

I don't think it's anyone's intent to spread lies, shill or harm anybody. The Arelith community hasn't been this divided in a long, long time. I think there's people poorly presenting their ideas and words, but there are also people who may take the words of another as an insult. As if there's a bit of paranoia on both sides.

:)

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:45 am

Food for thought for a couple posters here: accusing the 'other team' of trolling, stupidity, and/or rampant paranoia isn't a good way to sell a point. Empathy is the first step toward selling anything across the aisle.

We're on a forum for a tiny, amateur video game community. There's nothing to 'win' here, and even if you could, what's the point? Riling players' spirits is not the right way to go.

Cool down. Chill. Treat your fellow gamers with respect and give them the benefit of the doubt. If you're sincerely trying to make things better, then please consider demonstrating it with understanding and tact.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:57 am

Or if you think something is SERIOUSLY wrong...go talk to a DM or contact the admins, there are even a few DMs on Discord to talk to.

Adjustments

Post by Adjustments » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:29 am

Well, you folks can have fun bumping your creepy and paranoid levels over 9 thousand, and if it brings the bans, I'm inclined to shake my head and not fight for you. lol.

I greatly enjoyed the hour or so I spent on Skaljard before foolishly updating past the server's current version. Wish I had been able to group up at the time!

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:58 am

I'm looking forward to EE being officially released, it's cool to see other players dive into the server already. Now is definitely the time for feedback while everything is still in the works there's the greater opportunity for change or fixing problems that the original NWN isn't capable of fixing.

One thing that is great is windowed mode actually working, when you click back in your character doesn't have a spaz attack or randomly activate something on your action bar. (Oh the heal potions I've accidentally consumed </3 ) It's the small changes that I enjoy, I guess just quality of life things are really nice. But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

As far as the theories that have been presented here, I don't know what to say about it. If you don't trust anything anyone is telling you then okay, don't trust it. I don't know everything that has been said, but if nothing convinces you then I guess that's the way it is.

All I know is what I'm looking forward to. I'm looking forward to sharing the community here with a lot of new people, the RP experience in NWN is unique, one of the best I've ever found anywhere. I look forward to having a greater opportunity to share that with more people. EE will provide a great opportunity to network with new players and breathe some new fire into one of the greatest RP communities I've found and had the honor to be a DM For.

For the OP, I'm glad you've enjoyed what you've encountered so far. A lot of people put in a lot of work to make a unique world and I know it makes the devs happy to know that their work is appreciated.
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:46 am

Konni wrote:OP has no PC's on the scry tool, so it's obvious they're shilling for the DEV's on payroll.

We get it, you want us to buy EE. It was clear the first forty times.
hey remember when a bunch of us said that freakin scry tool was weird, creepy, and so readily open to abuse and got shouted at because no one would ever use it against anyone in a negative fashion
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:53 am

I said then and said now I want it gone.

I've since used it to track the main of an alt that was harassing me, however, so I guess I'm a total hypocrite.
\

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:35 am

since the hiccup deleted my post ill repost it, now a bit without context.

The Arelith community hasn't been this divided in a long, long time. People on both sides are adding fuel to the fire and prefer to belittle one another, as if they're opposition as opposed to players, no respect.

It would be great if insults from both sides were spared. Since I doubt anybody here is intent on spreading lies or harming anyone.

edit: a lot of those posts including mine popped up after i posted this
Last edited by Cortex on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
:)

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:06 am

Attempted to restore all posts from before the hiccup in here, but needs some more work it seems.

EDIT: Fixed. All restored.

Dovesong

Post by Dovesong » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:15 am

One Two Three Five wrote:
Konni wrote:OP has no PC's on the scry tool, so it's obvious they're shilling for the DEV's on payroll.

We get it, you want us to buy EE. It was clear the first forty times.
hey remember when a bunch of us said that freakin scry tool was weird, creepy, and so readily open to abuse and got shouted at because no one would ever use it against anyone in a negative fashion
Also you CANNOT use any playernames on EE that have been used on Regulith so you would not see any chars on the scry tool. As one would know if they had kept up with the admin postings. Your playername there must be unique.
In'iira - Woman of Many Talents.

Lily-Rose - Daughter of the storm

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Peppermint wrote:Food for thought for a couple posters here: accusing the 'other team' of trolling, stupidity, and/or rampant paranoia isn't a good way to sell a point. Empathy is the first step toward selling anything across the aisle.

We're on a forum for a tiny, amateur video game community. There's nothing to 'win' here, and even if you could, what's the point? Riling players' spirits is not the right way to go.

Cool down. Chill. Treat your fellow gamers with respect and give them the benefit of the doubt. If you're sincerely trying to make things better, then please consider demonstrating it with understanding and tact.
You're encouraging me and others to chill out and give players (with a history of being problem posters, for the most part) the benefit of the doubt, when not one page ago you were explaining that accusing the OP of being a paid shill despite no evidence and no benefit to either party in position to pay them, was a natural reaction to their post, and that we should just chill out, because after they'd proven themselves a "pretty chill dude" they wouldn't be accused of being a paid shill any more?

Where was the call to give (what we thought was) a brand new player the benefit of the doubt?

Where was the call to take a moment to critically analyse the situation before letting one's paranoia and distrust of authority ruin another person's day?

Why do you think it's acceptable to accuse people of being a paid shill, and by implication, accuse either Beamdog or the Arelith team of paying them, but it's not okay for those who are accused, or those who wish to defend the accused, to call out that unacceptable behaviour for exactly what it is?

Personally, I'm not going to stand around and do nothing while someone gets harassed for enthusiastically pointing out that they had fun with the new server, nor am I going to apologise for it to someone who hides behind a visage of sarcastic and belittling neutrality while making their points as if they were a parent talking down to a group of unruly children.

I might not be an admin any more but I'm confident that the current team agrees with me when I say that players' gripes with Beamdog or EE are not a license to shit on other players or developers, and those who do are not welcome in this community. This is my opinion and I am certain that it is shared by the current team.

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Please reread my post before reading into it. Thank you.

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Let me be perfectly clear here.

This is a topic giving feeback about one of Areliths modules. Mostly complimenting the people who worked on it.

Several people felt it was necessary to accuse the OP and the devs of that module of conspriring with Beamdog or being paid by Beamdog to promote NWN:EE in general. It went as far as harassing the OP in PMs.

We then made it perfectly clear that this behaviour won't be tolerated.

Afterwards people come in making this about general EE skepticism, which is entirely off-topic and irrelevant. We had 28 pages of that, and if you want to discuss it further, create a new topic or bring it to the Beamdog forums. This thread is as much about EE as another kudo thread about an Arelith update is about 1.69.

So don't make this about general EE skepticism and team Arelith defending it and overreacting. This is about team Arelith dealing with people falsely accusing and harassing other players and devs for having a hidden agenda.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:52 pm

This repeated accusation really is less of a drama and more a farce.
Dunshine wrote: Several people felt it was necessary to accuse the OP and the devs of that module of conspriring with Beamdog or being paid by Beamdog to promote NWN:EE in general .
I mean, while Arelith may seem important to us, it really is as, Peppermint said:
Peppermint wrote: We're on a forum for a tiny, amateur video game community.
So Beamdog would bribe us or set up false accounts to win us over? I mean, for one thing its pretty much a certainty that every NWN player will be buying EE anyway, especially those here, but far more importantly is that when it comes to actual sales figures of a released game we're totally insignificant here. They would literally be insane to be doing this part as their promotion efforts.

I honestly don't mind if some existing players don't buy EE. It is game we'll be running and developing Arelith on though, but then that is not something that should be news to anyone.

I'm not going to lock this thread yep, in case players on the Arelith EE wish to continue discussing that module.

Karris the Anarchist
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:15 pm

I'm playing on the EE server when I'm travelling for business (gave up trying to get old nwn working on my company laptop) and I've seen your ranger around, Horrid Wilting Revolver!

Hit me up if you ever want to to party or just talk, I'm playing various alts but mostly a druid called Corann. :)

Login is Karris the Indep (Bonus points if you're old enough to know the reference)
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

Xuuldar

Post by Xuuldar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:21 pm

I bought it the day it was announced Arelith would be moving. I jumped into the first iteration to see the graphics and such but haven't been back. I have more or less been waiting for the DB merger or a stable peroid with Arelith rules and stuff active. Sounds like quite a bit of progress has been made so I suppose I have a few questions?

Will it be wiped at any point moving forward?
Are all the classes available there and using Arelith rules?
Will monster races ever be added or is the intent for that island to remain non-monster races always?

It sounds like it has mostly reached the phase I was waiting for and I very much appreciate the OP's review/comments.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Xuuldar wrote:
Will it be wiped at any point moving forward?
Are all the classes available there and using Arelith rules?
Will monster races ever be added or is the intent for that island to remain non-monster races always?
1: Nope! Created characters will stay.
2: All base/prestige classes and most paths.
3: No goblins or other monster races for the time being, but you can play fey! Up to the Creators if they ever want to adjust things based on player activity, which will probably be well after release.
Please don't feed my sister.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 pm

Can somebody tl;dr about what exactly the problem is? As an observer, it is very difficult to understand why there is a "division" (as Cortext put it).
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil