Adventures of NWN:EE!

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

RedGiant

Re: Adventures of NWN:EE!

Post by RedGiant » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 pm

CragOrion wrote:The main character I'm playing right now is a sorceress named Circe Derinoe (bonus points if you get THOSE references! And no, its not GoT)
So if Circe Derinoe married Thurmore Circe...

End: Thread Hijack.

Edit: Resume Thread Hijack

That wasn't a guess. More I thought that Circe Squared the bigger possibility for comedy gold.

DC of course, borrowed from Greek Mythology.
Last edited by RedGiant on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:16 am

No.

EDIT: Here's a hint. both first and last names are references to two different people, but from the same creative universe, not GoT and not Arelith/NWN

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Eyestrain

Post by Eyestrain » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 am

Hi all,
New player here, been playing on the 1.69 server since I saw it on the Beamdog playthrough and am enjoying it immensely. Want to give the EE server a try but it doesn't show up in the list. When I saw it once before, it was there but red(passworded obviously)
Can someone please let me know in simple point form what I need to do to find it, get in and have a go there. (I'm guessing it could be because I haven't updated EE for a few weeks, been playing Arelith 1.69 lol)

For the record,
No I don't work for Beamdog lol, get off the sugar hits you twats, and good on you OP!(This is the view of a fresh opiniated outsider whos just joined recently, come along, found this thread for some help and read it.)

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Wordless Truth wrote:
WanderingPoet wrote: Wait, are you saying that NWN:EE doesn't have the graphics issue from NVIDIA cards/drivers? The one causing 'cloth' to not render, so you have people with floating heads when they wear robes?
Compatibility is a huge reason why companies republish old games in general.

Continued support and compatibility is the only reason I need to be excited for NWN:EE.
The latest array of bugs has kept me from playing for months, since I kind of need my PC for other things than NWN and can't rollback any part of it.
Yeah, I'd assumed that it was going to be fixed (and haven't downgraded my drivers, so I get the occasional floating-head, etc which doesn't really bother me). I had inquired before if it was going to be fixed and got a negative so I'm glad to hear that it seems to be resolved!

Also welcome to Arelith Eyestrain!

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:26 pm

RedGiant wrote:
CragOrion wrote: . . .
So if Circe Derinoe married Thurmore Circe...

End: Thread Hijack.

Edit: Resume Thread Hijack

That wasn't a guess. More I thought that Circe Squared the bigger possibility for comedy gold.
Must have read that wrong, but yeah, lets not bring Thurmore into this.
RedGiant wrote:
DC of course, borrowed from Greek Mythology.
Yep, both from Wonder Woman comics, specifically. Circe the red-headed sorceress and Derinoe the witch who created Donna Troy

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Stath

Post by Stath » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:50 am

I heard through the grapevine that Scholar Midnight (may or may not) be working on incorporating nwnx features into base NWN:EE. Does this mean that one day there might be Sinfar's advanced customisation options (Part scaling and rotating, colour mapping and over-rides) as well as some HAK models on Arelith, or are the Devs sticking with vanilla ice ice baby all the way?
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:04 pm

Would ve very cool if that was all true. Yes we can rip on sinfar all we want but trough haks and other custom stuff they realy have some great options far beyond the base nwn game.