An Apology for being a jackass

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Ebonstar

An Apology for being a jackass

Post by Ebonstar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:05 pm

over the past few days I grew rather vehement, during the kensai discussions both in the shanty and the feedback threads.

a character i had put months into before a forced hiatus due to a work project, was basically run through the wash and came out looking nothing but a mere shadow of what he was prior.

I was rather snarky and just an overall jackass in my posts, and for that I owe everyone in those threads an apology.

it was reaction to what seemed all my time went up in smoke with nothing to show for it.

I truly love this server and the teams who make it what it is. You sure dont see any other worlds having huge paragraphs in PC Gamer for a game revamp.
This community here is what makes our sandbox the best, so I hope people will accept the removing feet from mouth.
Yes I can sign

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: An Apology for being a jackass

Post by Irongron » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:45 pm

There should never be an atmosphere where one feels criticising a decision if off-limits, and I know these class adjustments, especially, can really bite.

I don't actually recall the posts you're referring to, but apologising for forum conduct takes guts and definitely shows character.

In the latter part of 2017 even I grew frustrated with what seemed like endless class adjustments and 'rebalancing' and as a player I greatly admire pointed out to me, many of us playing NWN D&D love the system, warts and all. After the last round of such changes I advised the team I wanted to put something of a moratorium on them, feeling that, whether they were 'good' or not, we were overwhelming our playerbase, and requiring far too much out of game research to understanding various obscure class functions.

In this case though I specifically asked for Barbarian damage to be reined in, and was convinced that the kensai change was essential. The release of EE on the horizon did change my perspective somewhat, as I do not wish to see frequent changes to game mechanics in the months following release. I expect we'll have a lot of new players then, and many of them will not be as NWN savvy as our existing community.

I'm not posting this to fuel the discussion on those changes themselves though, just to give some insight, and say that I appreciate your above post.

Also to say that getting mad about an impactful change is...kind of understandable in these cases.

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:15 pm

Thanks for the calm hand and vision casting Irongron, it does a world of good to hear this from the top. Being one of those DnD aficionados myself, I really appreciate the direction we seem to be going and I love the idea of stabilizing the classes.

Cheers!
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

If Valor Were Inches
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Cheers! Love the input from both sides.