So...

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

ExperimentAlpha

Re: So...

Post by ExperimentAlpha » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:12 am

I think their objective is to get artifacts out of circulation. I doubt that existing characters are going to be compensated without rolling.....

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:34 am

On Existing Artefacts
As previously noted in this thread, artefacts no longer spawn in the gameworld. Those who possess existing artefacts may also have noticed in-game notifications indicating that their artefacts are starting to fade in power. These notifications serve as an IC warning so that characters can start looking for alternatives or plan to replace their equipment as necessary.

Here is what will happen with regard to existing artefacts:

Carrying artefacts adds a bonus percentile to the chance of an epic reward when rolling an eligible character. The details of this reward are described a few posts up.
The value of each artefact has been saved. It makes no difference whether one rolls with an artefact now or later.
Existing artefacts will see their power diminish in the coming week(s). This means that certain item properties will be removed outright (Immunities, multiple simultaneous instances of Dodge AC on boots). Other properties will see their numerical value adjusted downwards to be in keeping with crafted and enchanted items.
When the fading period is over, the IC notification will vanish. However, the fading script will continue to apply if an old player logs in with untouched artefacts, or if old artefacts are otherwise interacted with after the fading period.
Artefacts will continue to exist after their properties have been adjusted.

For players uninterested in adding to their roll reward chances when deleting a character, there will soon be an in-game means of trading in old artefacts for lower-end materials in the new runecrafting system. The rarer materials will still need to be found by adventuring.
\

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:08 am

Zavandar wrote:Illegitimizing people's feelings of frustration isn't a good practice. Whether you support artefacts or not, they were a time investment many people made, and their efforts are now mostly wasted.
+1

I'm not salty they're going, I'm salty about the time invested and the lack of compensation for that time. For every good artefact there were 12 useless ones such as the meme Monk/Halfling Only tower shields.

Trading for 'lower end' materials honestly does not sound very appealing. Neither does rolling a character. So... yeah.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:15 am

What is fair compensation to you?
:)

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:01 am

I'm honestly kinda happy with the bonus to epic sacrifice rolls for artifacts in possession on rolling. I'd just like to know the rough scale of how much they can effect the roll (Like 1-5% or 1-10% based on value), not necessarily the exact value of any given artifact, just so I know and can ballbark it. Because if it turns out it's just 1 or 2% I'd feel a little cheated.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:01 am

Nitro wrote:I'm honestly kinda happy with the bonus to epic sacrifice rolls for artifacts in possession on rolling. I'd just like to know the rough scale of how much they can effect the roll (Like 1-5% or 1-10% based on value), not necessarily the exact value of any given artifact, just so I know and can ballbark it. Because if it turns out it's just 1 or 2% I'd feel a little cheated.
yellowcateyes wrote:Existing Artefacts
Any character eligible for a reward when deleting will receive a 1-5% flat bonus to their roll based on the total original value of the artefacts in their possession.
There ya go.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:17 am

Cheers mate!

Izaich

Post by Izaich » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:25 am

I posted a few general questions I had concerning the removal of existing artifacts over on the Q&A forum. I figured I'd post a link here so those perusing the discussion here will be able to more easily see it and ask their own questions.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15807

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:17 am

May a strange malaise affect you