So...

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Voidstone Roulette

So...

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:54 am

What exactly does this mean?
0 Bonus: Does not stay in character, rushes around from spawn to spawn killing things with little to no interaction.

Tarkus the dog

Re: So...

Post by Tarkus the dog » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:59 am

my money is on the monks

Voidstone Roulette

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:00 am

Tarkus the dog wrote:my money is on the monks
Man don't joke like that.
0 Bonus: Does not stay in character, rushes around from spawn to spawn killing things with little to no interaction.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:39 am

I love this. It gives you something to use in RP.

It also signals that there's a limited amount of time to get that bonus when rolling a character with artefacts. Go, go, go!

Voidstone Roulette

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:42 am

Pardon me while I go grind my monk to 26 solo.

Because that is exactly the sort of thing I want to be timed and forced to rush toward.

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:56 am

Seriously. It suggests that existing artifacts are about to be removed. They may fade out after time getting weaker and weaker until they break or something.

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:14 am

An explanation of the future plans with artefacts from the owners of the server, please.

Xanos950

Post by Xanos950 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:16 am

Yeah, official announcement when? what does this message mean

Voidstone Roulette

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:22 am

Seekeepeek wrote:An explanation of the future plans with artefacts from the owners of the server, please.

same

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:31 am

Wait. What's going on in this thread? What's this about monks? Am I having a stroke?
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:53 am

It's the sound of progress.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:11 am

* Takes to the streets with cardboard sign reading

"The End Is Nigh" *
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:14 am

Any character eligible for a reward when deleting will receive a 1-5% flat bonus to their roll based on the total value of artefacts in their possession.
(More to come.)
That is from Yellowcateyes on the announcement section. Maybe that sheds some light as to the meaning of the message?

Don't throw your artifacts away
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

Voidstone Roulette

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:17 am

That tells me that I get a bonus when rolling. What do the combat log messages mean though?

Jack Oat

Post by Jack Oat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:21 am

Apparently Artefacts are now set to degrade to the point of uselessness because something-something "muh balance." This is the message that tells you that's happening, I guess.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Garrbear wrote:

quite bluntly we can't balance the server around people who don't play well

Irongron wrote:

My main takeaway from this is that Jack is apparently personable

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 am

or just an in game tag to make people check the update so they know they get a % for rolling. no players knows...

Voidstone Roulette

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:42 am

Jack Oat wrote:Apparently Artefacts are now set to degrade to the point of uselessness because something-something "muh balance." This is the message that tells you that's happening, I guess.
So they now have a shelf life, and I have to roll my character with them before they expire if I want to get the bonus?

I don't actually have a thinking emoji for this.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:49 am

Voidstone Roulette wrote:
Jack Oat wrote:Apparently Artefacts are now set to degrade to the point of uselessness because something-something "muh balance." This is the message that tells you that's happening, I guess.
So they now have a shelf life, and I have to roll my character with them before they expire if I want to get the bonus?

I don't actually have a thinking emoji for this.
I doubt the latter is true. Time pressuring players to roll like this would be silly and unfair. The original artifact's value is probably stored with the artifact and used later for the purposes of the calculation. I can't confirm that, but I don't think it would make much sense otherwise.

Sockss

Post by Sockss » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:25 pm

I don't think it's much of an issue! It's a bit odd to be playing characters built around artefacts in the first place (without muling occuring which, of course, is illegal)! Its especially niche being lower than 26 and having artefacts better than gear too, I'd imagine, provided of course rules were being respected.

Unless someone can tell me how a pre 26 character super skillfully dispatched end game bosses often enough in the few weeks you've been playing them for a set of fairly optimal artefacts, without any rulebreaks of course!
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:39 pm

Sockss wrote:I don't think it's much of an issue! It's a bit odd to be playing characters built around artefacts in the first place (without muling occuring which, of course, is illegal)! Its especially niche being lower than 26 and having artefacts better than gear too, I'd imagine, provided of course rules were being respected.

Unless someone can tell me how a pre 26 character super skillfully dispatched end game bosses often enough in the few weeks you've been playing them for a set of fairly optimal artefacts, without any rulebreaks of course!
The same principle applies to existing characters over level 26 who want to wrap up their plots before rolling, but would like to take advantage of the artifact incentive.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:41 pm

For the purposes of roll reward value, it will make no difference whether you roll with an artefact now or later.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

flower

Post by flower » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Sockss wrote:I don't think it's much of an issue! It's a bit odd to be playing characters built around artefacts in the first place (without muling occuring which, of course, is illegal)! Its especially niche being lower than 26 and having artefacts better than gear too, I'd imagine, provided of course rules were being respected.

Stop implying other people cheat because are owners of artefacts. Okay?

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:44 pm

I don't know about you, but on many of my characters I participated in artefact runs from level 12 onwards because the folks of the faction I was involved with at the time brought lower level folk along for RP and training potential. (also helps if you have open lock/disable trap).

And some of the specialized artifacts actually go for quite cheap, I got my hands on a +10 perform heavy flail for a mere 10k. Useless most of the time, but for a bard wanting to max out bardsong it's a godsend.

So, unless you're trying to sologrind, getting artifacts at lower levels is actually quite easy.

Sockss

Post by Sockss » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:00 pm

Muling of artefacts is very common, unfortunately.

I'm not saying anyone specifically has cheated. Just a pre-26 character with little playtime has very little legitimate reason to be concerned. So rushing to 26 shouldn't be a problem.

There are niche cases in which low levels could go on such trips! But will they get artefacts worth a lot of money?

People post 26 shouldn't have a problem either. You should have some stacked gold!
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.

flower

Post by flower » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Sockss wrote:Muling of artefacts is very common, unfortunately.

Then go and report it, or it did not happen. Blank accusation can toss around anyone.