New ruling?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

New ruling?

Post by DarkDreamer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:01 am

So it seems the DM team is now deciding to slap down a ruling against speaking in animal form, which quite frankly I am against, when I made my wolf a year ago, I applied through Dunshine as an admin to have all of this verified as legal before I made the character as this specific character spends 99.99% of his time as a wolf due to the rp. Now all of a sudden there is a rule change saying that shifted players can only speak animal? This is destroying my RP, this is destroying my ability to have fun here on this server. 98% of the people Goldir CONSTANTLY rp's with, dont speak animal, how is this sudden ruling fair to players? How does it make sense, in the past, players didnt have to accept it and this was fine, I know of maybe one other player then myself that speaks in shifted form...Its not server breaking, its not immersion breaking, its not even hurting anyone or anything, people don't like it, they just walk off. So why is this even a thing a YEAR later?

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New ruling?

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:12 am

In the future, we ask that you do not take complaints of a DM ruling to the forums. Please bring it directly to the DM Team, or to escalate, DM Innis. We do not find speaking in common while shapeshifted to a wolf appropiate RP, Totem Druids are not talking animals. If you want to play a talking animal, please use a major reward.

~DM Titania
Please don't feed my sister.