Artifact removal discussion.

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Improv

Re: Artifact removal discussion.

Post by Improv » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Most of us don't arrive here as friends with the other players in real life with the intention of starting an artifact hoarding cabal. I think forming an in-game/out-of-game friendship both in character and OOC with other players really isn't a bad thing. That's how we get factions and multiple characters following similar themes (which I always like to see, like a pair of siblings) and many other great things that only add to the world. So that said I'm not opposed to something like an artifact being handed down between players.. as long as it's completely justified in the RP.

Obviously like anything else it can be taken too far and that has to be watched (and save your worst case scenarios on that) but really is the passing down of an artifact sword from say a retiring knight to a new squire a bad thing? Or worse than many other things like handing over massive piles of gold and land deeds or a full spellbook worth of scrolls, which are pretty much totally legal currently? (And which are also fine with me, as long as it's done right.)

And another angle, some people have the free time and commitment to grind endlessly, but I rather like the idea of putting that time into the RP that would allow access to powerful items as part of an in-game friendship or faction membership instead of doing the endgame World of Warcraft thing. Again, there's good and bad ways to do it but so is everything.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 pm

Xanos950 wrote:even then only the same four or so people in this topic like BegoneThoth who has like half of all posts in here, starting a witchhunt on he topic.
I mean, I made the topic because I wanted to discuss the removal of artifacts.
\

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Maybe refrain from personal attacks, huh, yall?
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:52 pm

BegoneThoth
Improv
LichBait
Xerah
Dinosaur Space Program
Dorkas
JediMindTrix
Durvayas
ExperimentAlpha
TimeAdept
Ork
YellowCatEyes
All The Sinners Saints
Conversations With Your Car Alarm
rookie
Liareth
Not Enough Skillpoints
Dovesong
Sab1
caldura firebourne
pigman
Black Wendigo
Dr_Hazard89
Scurvy Cur
Xerah
Miaou

This is the list of people that have made some form of comment of support for the removal/reduction of artifacts.

Twenty-six people (twenty-seven, counting me!) does not equal a minority of four. So maybe stop making it a personal crusade against BegoneThoth in his own thread?
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:32 am

Ok guys, this thread has gotten too hot. I think this has been an interesting chat, but I'm not sure how much of use can be gleaned from it at this point, and it's starting to get hostile, so I'm locking this.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)