Arelith: What If?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Petrifictus

Arelith: What If?

Post by Petrifictus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:41 pm

What if... I made a post in the forums asking "what ifs" about Arelith? ;)
Tell and/or ask "what ifs" of any kind to yourself and/or each other, be it serious or a joke, as long it's related to Arelith.
This thread is meant just for chuckles so play nice.

For example:
"What if Arelith was turned into a movie or tv-series? What actors would play your characters?"
"What if your Arelith characters were reverse? Like what kind of gnome would Wotan be as evil?
"What if Arelith characters lived in the real world? How would they live, etc.?"

Since I threw some what if-questions, I give some what if-answers from my point of view.
- If Arelith was turned into a movie or tv-series, I would like to see Patrick Steward (Captain Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek: TNG) playing Wotan.
- Hard to imagine Wotan as evil. He probably just would be a scum and villain serving Urdlen.
- Wotan would be a park ranger I guess? Living alone in a cottage sauna in the woods, helping nearby travelers, etc.
Last edited by Petrifictus on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Rogaku

Re: Arelith: What If?

Post by Rogaku » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Movie/TV I think the guy who plays Kylo Ren in Star Wars'd be an excellent Lacroix (God I can't remember his name right at the moment)

A reverse Lacroix would be a lot simpler, a Blackguard in service to the Black Hand whom killed his Confessor that was turning to become a faithful of Torm.

As for Lacroix in real life? Going by the idea he was formerly of he French Foreign Legion (even being French himself) , he'd currently work as a trainee and Security Consultant for Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors without Borders)
Major Characters:
Lacroix Sudentan (Deceased) , Rory Tate (Retired), Harcourt Fentyon: (Deceased) , Rachielle Du Vernais (Deceased) . Aloysious Valoheim (Retired), Troius Meridio (Deceased), Earnhardt Creid (Deceased)

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Jewel Staite (Kaylee Frye) from Firefly would be a good choice for Lissa as that is one of the characters I drew inspiration from.

Reverse Lissa, well, that kind of already happened. Her 'spriggan' aunt is basically reverse Lissa.

What would she do in real life? I don't know, work for Tesla?
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Hyskos has always been a bald Alexander Siddig in my head.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

PleasantSolitude

Post by PleasantSolitude » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Xerah wrote:Jewel Staite (Kaylee Frye) from Firefly
I'm in love..

Actor for Thomas.. would it be too far to say a blonde Ryan Gage from Musketeers?

And for a reverse version, I'd say a wayward good samaritan. Perhaps a chaotic/neutral good sorcerer who would break the law and sacrifice his own health to protect innocence.

Total brat in a reality show, constantly disappointing mommy and daddy seems most fitting.

If Valor Were Inches
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:51 pm

Don't know names of actors well, so will do the last two.

"What if your Arelith characters were reverse?
Vienxay: Would be the kindest elf ever, loved and adored by all, a selfless, heroic commoner.
Lorina: Would be slaying every Wildmage and Tinkerer in existence as a blackguard of Shar.

"What if Arelith characters lived in the real world? How would they live, etc.?"
Vienxay: For the love of all I hope someone like her doesn't exist in the real world. She'd act like a prima donna, maybe be an actress that no one would want to work with coming from the upper class.
Lorina: Lorina would live as a soldier that protected V.I.P's.

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Ingeborg would be played by Gwendolyn Christie, in a black wig.
Her opposite would be a Catholic nun: a peacemonger who lives according to strict oaths and edicts, with a narrow field of friends and titles.
In real life, Ingeborg would have fought a few middle eastern conflicts in the Bundeswehr. Like in the game, she would never adapt to civilian life and would constantly re-enlist, or, if pressed, join a mercenary company...such as the Dutch and German biker gangs who fought in Syria.
20 RPR GANG

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:05 am

Petrifictus wrote: - If Arelith was turned into a movie or tv-series, I would like to see Patrick Steward (Captain Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek: TNG) playing Wotan.
Now when I think this again, I could also see ser Davos (dont know the actor's name) from the Game of Thrones as Wotan. Yeah, captain Picard or ser Davos. :D :D
EDIT: Or Bilbo from the Hobbit movies
Last edited by Petrifictus on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malice

Post by malice » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:33 am

If Arelith were a movie, Veronica would be definitely played by Emma Stone.
My supersecret alt... by Kat Dennings.

Veronica opposite would be a grumpy apostate, always looking for magic items to destroy, uncaring towards people, cunning and devious.
My supersecret alt’s opposite would be a stern paladin, your average batman vigilante paladin.

In real life Veronica would be, well since magic doesn’t really exist, probably a special effects creator in the movie industry.
My supersecret alt would be... damn... magic still does not exist... so maybe a secret agent with a passion for making things go boom.

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by woodbreeze » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:15 am

modern day arn'thar is a genji main like the weeb he is

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 am

All my characters would be played by Nicolas Cage. Everyone else's characters would be played by Nicolas Cage. All the NPCs would be played by Nicolas Cage.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:42 am

Lol

That is pretty funny @DrHazard
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by AnselHoenheim » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:55 am

Let's see, I can see it happening!

- If Frank could become an actor movie, I'd say Sean Connery would be the perfect one representing Frank's behavour so far
- How would be a reverse Frank? I mean, only evil, or totally reverse? Because if it is so, Frank would be a nice gentleman that serves Bane or Malar, a lier that offers good words, but then backstabs at the minimal situation, and that rely on others to get the job done.
- And the last, if Frank was IRL? Obviously, he would be a retired soldier living in a cottage in middle of the forest that shouts to the kids that try to explore the "Old grumpy man".

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:27 pm

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:All my characters would be played by Nicolas Cage. Everyone else's characters would be played by Nicolas Cage. All the NPCs would be played by Nicolas Cage.
Give this doctor a Oscar trophy! :lol:

Nice to read your what if-answers, be free to create what if-questions of your own. :D

What if... Arelith characters played Arelith? What would they play?
What if... Arelith characters used Facebook, Tinder, etc?

-Wotan would probably play a good natured barbarian.
-Wotan would post selfies with his boar Bruva, his friends, places he's been, etc.
Dont let Wotan near Tinder, he would probably swipe like everybody as he likes to make friends.

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Ivory would definetely be the female singer of Abney Park, Jody Ellen. Leaving the lead to "captain" Robert "Wotan" Brown and his wife, Kristina Erickson. Then she'd leave the band, once they got too famous, so it was impossible to hide any longer. And she'd leave with the rest of the crew of drunken sailors in the pirate airship, and never be seen again.

Hint:
Here she is trying to hide on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpGF9bDTLoI

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

PleasantSolitude

Post by PleasantSolitude » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:32 pm

What if you were in the game as a person - what race/class would you be?

I imagine I would be somewhere between failed wizard and clumsy rogue. x)

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:22 am

I guess I would be bard/cleric halfling or gnome. :)

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:11 pm

I would be a human monk of bane.

goodriddance

Post by goodriddance » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:51 am

I would be a lunatic doomsayer living in the sewers “We’re doomed!”

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:31 am

* banite monk of level 3 comes down the sewer and murders all doomsayers*

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Since the Last Jedi-movie is out:
What if your Arelith character lived in the Star Wars universe?
If jedi or sith: what is their lightsaber's colour?

Wotan certainly would be a jedi but having troubles to follow the code such as no attachments or no feelings as he likes to have fun and such. His lightsaber colour would be yellow I guess?

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Arcavius as evil would be just a normal Blackguard,probably of Bane (since i consider him the exact opposite of Tyr/his main antagonist) that follows Bane's beliefs closely wich means he wouldnt agree with the current Church of Bane on Arelith for example

About who he would be in real life..huh kinda hard to think since he isnt a left being a guard ages ago,on his current state he would be seen as a homeless man/backpacker maybe,on today's standarts,but on his normal state...kinda hard to think maybe part of the military or a member of a private security organisation that is employed on ensuring the security of a church found..in not the safest surroundings

He would be a Jedi following the teachings very closely and doing everything he can to not let the Dark Side spread,his lightsaber color would most definetly be either blue or white (yep those exist although not canon anymore i guess)

And i have a question of my own: What if your character found the One Ring (LotR) how would it affect him/her?

It would affect Arc quite a lot,and he would resist it as long as he can but seeing as what happened and what the gods let happen on his life...he would eventualy succumb sadly ;-;
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Cybernet21 wrote:And i have a question of my own: What if your character found the One Ring (LotR) how would it affect him/her?
I think like Gandalf, Wotan would be too scared to touch the ring but would help the ring bearer to destroy it.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Petrifictus wrote:
Cybernet21 wrote:And i have a question of my own: What if your character found the One Ring (LotR) how would it affect him/her?
I think like Gandalf, Wotan would be too scared to touch the ring but would help the ring bearer to destroy it.
Well i meant what if the character finds the ring without knowing what it is,only once the character touches it starts affecting him on this question.
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Cybernet21 wrote:Well i meant what if the character finds the ring without knowing what it is,only once the character touches it starts affecting him on this question.
Ah, I misunderstood the question, my bad. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-piARxy4U I guess he would experience somesort of power trip with the One Ring until he would realize that something is wrong in him and the ring he found.