A Thread for Persisting Concerns. NWN:EE

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Rivace_Silver

A Thread for Persisting Concerns. NWN:EE

Post by Rivace_Silver » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:54 pm

So the other thread is on page 23 by now ...

The Rioting and Sacrifices to the Blood God have been made..

As the dust settles, what are some persisting concerns people have about the move to EE. I wanted to make this thread so the DM's and Admins dont have to trudge through 23 pages to answer questions that have went unanswered. There are a few i saw on the other thread that were never responded to .. if yours is such a question or concern, repost it here!

I have one too!

In the past, the players have come to develop an almost "expectation" as to the level of interaction with DM's and Admins. Through various media of communication (pings IG, forum PM's, Discord...), the DM/Admins interact with the community and help where needed.
Is that going to change? Beam dog has their own developers working on this now with active support, which means areliths own developers... wont be?
For the server proper i dont see the DM's going anywhere but will the level of access/their presence change? Increase? more accessible? Less ( :cry: )?
Contributors who were mostly anonymous unless they chose to announce this project or that project which they were working on .. will that continue now with the new management moving in?

In essence... what does it mean for Arelith as a server and a community now that Beamdog is providing the new platform off which we operate?
Any insight as to the impact on players and what that means for changes? Im recalling a time in the last 2 years where there was a nerf to Cycle grinding Exp .. revisiting a zone within an hour or something dropped all kills that would yield respectable exp to 5 xp. ... a change like that got loud outcrys from the players and it was ultimately reversed.. With Beamdog Devs in the drivers seat are players going to have the same voice?
or will it be "suck it up buttercup this is the decision we made"

There is a danger when a server like ours does something like this .. ill call it "going public" .. suddenly the impact of one players voice or this group of players or that group .. means less because their absence wouldnt be missed? ... an influx of players means not only new blood but also that players can be replaced with the insurgence of the "new blood"

My questions and concerns are based on observation, and deduction. If im off the mark in my assertions id really love to be corrected.
-That one time that Stath did that one thing and it was funny...

-We cannot all be the hero, some have to be the normal folk who make others heros..

- we are all the protagonist of our own stories.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: A Thread for Persisting Concerns. NWN:EE

Post by Queen Titania » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:58 pm

Arelith is still run by our team, Beamdog is just now updating and supporting the game at large. (See this more like an expansion). None of the communication or open-ness would change.
Please don't feed my sister.

kTravio

Post by kTravio » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Rivace_Silver wrote:In the past, the players have come to develop an almost "expectation" as to the level of interaction with DM's and Admins. Through various media of communication (pings IG, forum PM's, Discord...), the DM/Admins interact with the community and help where needed.
Is that going to change? Beam dog has their own developers working on this now with active support, which means areliths own developers... wont be?
If anything, I'd see this as a chance for the Arelith devs to work on new and interesting systems/features as opposed to constantly playing triage with a game which really wasn't meant to run for as long as it has.

Aerlinthe

Post by Aerlinthe » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Beamdog is just patching and updating the base game. They have literally nothing to do with the running of Arelith. Your circle grinding xp example would be exactly the same now as it was then. Beamdog have nothing to do with it. They're not suddenly Arelith's devs and admins.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:25 pm

The only Arelith developer who is now associated with Beamdog is me, and I have stepped back as an Arelith admin.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:32 pm

breathe easy

Rivace_Silver

Post by Rivace_Silver » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Thats awesome! So my biggest concern about who will be the main line devs for arelith was bought about from beamdogs website, they list the name of a team of developers and there was a comment made on the other thread about having a paid dedicated team working on bugs now ..

i extrapolated from there..

kTravio wrote:
Rivace_Silver wrote:In the past, the players have come to develop an almost "expectation" as to the level of interaction with DM's and Admins. Through various media of communication (pings IG, forum PM's, Discord...), the DM/Admins interact with the community and help where needed.
If anything, I'd see this as a chance for the Arelith devs to work on new and interesting systems/features as opposed to constantly playing triage with a game which really wasn't meant to run for as long as it has.
+1

-We cannot all be the hero, some have to be the normal folk who make others heros..

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:17 pm

I would be 100% on-board with NWN EE if we got a 64 bit version.

Are we getting a 64 bit version?

This is the only reason that I'm waiting to purchase it. Resolutions and graphical problems have never been a concern of mine. I'm looking for upgrades to the game that make better use of modern hardware.

**EDIT** Nevermind. Apparently they confirmed this in their twitch stream.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

Improv

Post by Improv » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Will Beamdog make it so when you and one other person are the only ones in an area and you cross paths and say "hello" they don't just keep walking and ignore you?

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Yes.
\

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:55 pm

There is already a feat for that, its called Knockdown!

For the weaker mages there is also Grease, Iron Horn, Gust of Wind, Web, Entangle and if they're being particularly persistent in ignoring you, acid fog!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dalek Caan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:04 pm

WanderingPoet wrote:There is already a feat for that, its called Knockdown!

For the weaker mages there is also Grease, Iron Horn, Gust of Wind, Web, Entangle and if they're being particularly persistent in ignoring you, acid fog!
Flesh to Stone?

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Before this thread becomes too long, I actually only wish instructions on what to do, when and how. A time schedule, in other words:

1. Download EE, [insert date here, url, instructions and how much]
2. Log on this way: [instruction]
3. Need to know: [Insert need-to-knows here]
eventually
4. Nice to know: [Insert nice-to-knows here]

Maybe then sticky it for everyone to use for quick reference.

Thank you!

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:12 pm

2 Is answerable now: You go to Multiplayer -> Join -> Click on Arelith Server, Type in player name.

So very much akin to how it used to be, except authentication is pushed from post Multiplayer screen, to pre-server joining screen.

There's no formal release date yet, but I'm sure a post will be made answering the rest when we're much closer to launch.
Please don't feed my sister.

Rivace_Silver

Post by Rivace_Silver » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Improv wrote:Will Beamdog make it so when you and one other person are the only ones in an area and you cross paths and say "hello" they don't just keep walking and ignore you?
Oh my gosh... this, so much this.

+1^inf