Arelith NWN EE Phase 2

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Rivace_Silver

Re: Arelith NWN EE Phase 2

Post by Rivace_Silver » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:42 pm

not sure if this has already been answered.

Ive seen it referenced in several places that the new EE and arelith will depend on STEAM keys or ID's ..

I have a steam account but im honestly not a fan and havnt used my steam account in over 2 years.

Will we be required to access nwnEE and arelith through STEAM?

I just downloaded the beamdog client to download some other EE games (baldurs game and siege of dragonspear) .. will I be able to just download NWN:EE through this client and access multiplayer via that route ? will there be a tutorial on how to transfer our CD keys from our 1.69 nwn install to the new client?

Im asking because i havnt found answers to these questions yet on the forums, sorry if they have been gone over.
-That one time that Stath did that one thing and it was funny...

-We cannot all be the hero, some have to be the normal folk who make others heros..

- we are all the protagonist of our own stories.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Rivace_Silver wrote: I just downloaded the beamdog client to download some other EE games (baldurs game and siege of dragonspear) .. will I be able to just download NWN:EE through this client and access multiplayer via that route ?
Yes. That is how everyone on the Head Start program is doing it today.
will there be a tutorial on how to transfer our CD keys from our 1.69 nwn install to the new client?
Yes - but this isn't there yet. Technically you will have a new CD key with EE, but there will be a tool to link your old one to your new one.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

ArcanaFTW

Post by ArcanaFTW » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:44 pm

It's a little unclear, so I just wanted to find out here...

Say I buy NWN:EE now, will I automatically get a key for the steam release, or will I have to play using the beamdog client?

And if I do have to wait until NWN:EE is released on steam, will I be given a steam key due to the fact that I've pre-ordered, or would I have to buy from steam separately?

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:15 pm

ArcanaFTW wrote:It's a little unclear, so I just wanted to find out here...

Say I buy NWN:EE now, will I automatically get a key for the steam release, or will I have to play using the beamdog client?

And if I do have to wait until NWN:EE is released on steam, will I be given a steam key due to the fact that I've pre-ordered, or would I have to buy from steam separately?
You'll get a Steam Key, source from Beamdog NWN EE FAQ:
https://www.beamdog.com/nwn_faq#07

You'll probably get a key when the Steam Version is available and you can request for it.