OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

NWN EE copies, for those in need

Post by Twily » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 pm

EDIT
Irongron reached out to me voicing some concerns regarding my plan to get NWNEE copies for those unable to afford it.

In a sentence, he doesn't want players giving/taking money from each other, due to a large number of potentially severe problems this could cause. The reasons he voiced I see as entirely valid.

One example being, how those who donate might be affected if they later saw someone boasting about how they got their game for free.
It wouldn't leave a good feeling with the player that donated as they would have been taken advantage of. There's no way to guarantee that this sort of thing wouldn't occur, and that money would have been better spent pretty much anywhere else.
The last thing the server and world needs is people reluctant to help those in need due to past attempts at such ending in a manner such as this.

At Irongron's request and due to me being in agreement with the reasons he voiced I'll be stopping this where it is and apologize to anyone it inconveniences.

As Irongron has said, Arelith has been free for over a decade now, and asking one payment of $20 from the players that doesn't even go to him nor the server ultimately, is a very small thing.
Last edited by Twily on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 am, edited 6 times in total.

Stath

Re: NWN EE copies, for those in need

Post by Stath » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:36 am

Ill take one
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 am

stath do you even need one??

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:07 am

See main post
Last edited by Twily on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rogaku

Post by Rogaku » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:18 am

Do you know what the Price is looking like and if there'll be a discount for owners of the Prior game?
Major Characters:
Lacroix Sudentan (Deceased) , Rory Tate (Retired), Harcourt Fentyon: (Deceased) , Rachielle Du Vernais (Deceased) . Aloysious Valoheim (Retired), Troius Meridio (Deceased), Earnhardt Creid (Deceased)

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:29 am

Currently the price is 20$ for the regular EE, and 40$ for the deluxe, which has a few extra interesting but not necessary modules.
I've got no idea if they'll be offering a discount for existing game owners though.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:09 am

I doubt they would. I am more concerned with how current game owners will have there cd keys changed over with the steam copy. So we wont lose our vault the momebt the server go's to phase three.

That said if to many people apply we could run a kickstarter...

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:20 am

Just to reply briefly to the edit to the original post.

I really appreciate the good intentions here, and know that many of you were ready to help out your fellow players. It's just so heartening to see that kind of attitude here.

That being saId I don't want players exhanging money with each other, for any reason. Of course what one does in one private chats and channels is none of my concern, but it isn't something I want to see being done via our forums, now, or in the future.

I was also not convinced this could guarantee that money was truly flowing from those who could afford it, to those who could not, and could potentially result in the reverse. If anyone wants to do some charitable giving there are a host of great, properly administered causes out there, where you really can be sure that the money is going to those that need it.