Enchanced Edition - Discussion

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Enchanced Edition - Discussion

Post by ActionReplay » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:38 pm

About subscription fees I mean they have servers and hosting and maintenance to take care of and they continue to roll out updates, I am mostly thinking about MMOs now. They have to keep the servers happy and fix bugs and add new features and whatever else, you name it. So that model seems fair to me as long as the players feel they get their money's worth and enjoy new content.

I know Guild Wars 1 (Not sure about the sequels) was a one time payment and I think they managed pretty well though.

Scimiter

Post by Scimiter » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:47 pm

ActionReplay wrote:I know Guild Wars 1 (Not sure about the sequels) was a one time payment and I think they managed pretty well though.
Ya but the microtransactions were horrible for GWs 1. They say that you could be competitive without them but it was hard to progress the same without them

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:55 pm

between microtransactions, subscriptions fees, and shady business practices, I've become very wary about online games. THere are very few online games that are even worth playing (relative to the sheer number of them) let alone paying money to support them. As Axtion said, if I feel Im getting my money's worth Ill pay. Otherwise no.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:13 pm

I've had to deal with running video game servers that employed custom scripting, but had to deal with mandatory automatically downloaded updates breaking everything.

Don't envy you guys one bit.
\

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:29 pm

Scimiter wrote:
ActionReplay wrote:I know Guild Wars 1 (Not sure about the sequels) was a one time payment and I think they managed pretty well though.
Ya but the microtransactions were horrible for GWs 1. They say that you could be competitive without them but it was hard to progress the same without them
I don't even remember the microtransactions for GW1 being anything but cosmetics and a few helper things - I don't know anyone that bought microtransactions (myself included) and I never felt the progress to be slow, especially in Factions/Nightfall where you could hit level 80 very rapidly.
Irongron wrote: It's just important for me that everyone playing on our server has the same experience, and don't have a greater range of options depending on what DLC they've purchased. I don't want to have to design our world around that, or ask our players to make a string of smaller purchases.
The price tag is a bit high for the base game (for those of us with non-US currency!) but I think it (especially with Arelith) is worth it. I am glad that the staff don't want us to have to make a string of smaller purchases, or have some players miss out because they're lacking DLC - DLC can rapidly get out of control.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:07 am

Scimiter wrote:
Wh- What? Guild Wars 1? I played through GW1 and all the expansions and I've never even heard they had an ingame shop?
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:25 am

One Two Three Five wrote:
Scimiter wrote:
Wh- What? Guild Wars 1? I played through GW1 and all the expansions and I've never even heard they had an ingame shop?
Heh, same here. I played GW 1 and the First Expansion. Seems to me in those days microtransactions was not even a thing. Maybe they rolled out that later I dunno.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:03 am

I just wonder. Does anyonr knowbthe price for nwn:ee in euros?

greatfanfare

Post by greatfanfare » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:18 pm

Ozzy.nl wrote:I just wonder. Does anyonr knowbthe price for nwn:ee in euros?
Straight from my bank:

BEAMDOG.COM 22/11/2017 ( 19,99 USD) 17,59 €

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:57 am

Oooooh... Me so happy now! :D 8-)

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:22 pm

well dang now i want to pay euros to save the 2.40
kidding I know its the same
Yes I can sign

Bjorn Blue Tiger

Post by Bjorn Blue Tiger » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Is phase 2.0 going live soon? We are waiting for the new version of the NWNX?

Spaniardl

Post by Spaniardl » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:52 pm

Hi, a few questions.

has open beta started for enhanced edition?
how enhanced is it really.. any screenshots available?

thanks

Freyason

Post by Freyason » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Spaniardl wrote: how enhanced is it really.. any screenshots available?
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=15386

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Enhanced =/= HD remake

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:24 am

I don't know why I even have to say this, and it really makes me wonder as to the state of mind of some of our players that they think this is in any way okay.

The above memes involve in an image of a convicted war criminal who recently committed suicide by drinking poison during his trial (the image being one immediately before the man's death)

This is so far over the line of what is appropriate on our forums that I should not need to even point this out.

Locking this thread for a couple of days and banning those involved from the forums, possibly from the game also as I consider the ramifactions of having voices like this present in our playerbase.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:33 pm

I'll unlock this again, for now.

While the neither the server nor forums have codified rules for basic human decency (which is kind of presumed) I feel now have to point out that posting images of well known mass-murderers, serial killers, sex offenders, war criminals etc to humorously make a point on a video game forum is most definitely NOT okay.

Not only because this is a PG13 environment, but also because...well that a messed up thing to be doing anywhere.

I know that many of our players are in the US, and likely ask themselves what all this fuss about, or think this to be an overreaction, but there are parts of the world where using that guy's face is akin to taking the latest US mass=shooting story and using the image of the perpetrator for rofl-screenies.

As Jjjerm so often said playing Arelith is akin to being invited into someone's home. If I see anything like this again from any of our guests they will be removed with no possible chance of return.

That being said, and for the 95% of our players for whom this stuff was already obvious; enjoy your day.

StandingOnTheShouldersOfGiants

Post by StandingOnTheShouldersOfGiants » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Well done Irongron. I applaud you're stance on this type of scenario. There is no excuse for such behaviour and I for one appreciate you drawing a line in the sand.

HD52

Post by HD52 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:33 pm

I understand and agree with the initial message provided by Irongron, though affecting an individual with no knowledge of the original post is an unfortunate byproduct. It would be wise to repeat this message in more neutral terms as an addition to the "Be Nice" rule. After reading the post, I have drafted this for use and will be adding it to the wiki:
The posting of images of WELL-KNOWN mass murderers; serial killers; sex offenders; war criminals; et cetera with the intent of humor is not welcome. WELL-KNOWN indicates that both the poster and all responders KNOW and UNDERSTAND the person's identity. The poster may be assumed to know the identity of the person used. Responders may or may not know this identity and can expect either a conversation with moderation or an immediate ban pending investigation. AS OF 12/19/2017, offending players will be banned and removed from forum and game with no chance of repeal.
Active:
Gone: Innogen, Arabella Herald, Urdin Taggul

Kimura

Post by Kimura » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Deleted Post/Banned User - Irongron

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:16 pm

The "post" above me is proof positive that you are not overrating in the least Irongron. While it's true that a lot of people like tasteless humor, that's what things like Family Guy and South Park are for.

Oh and incidentally, I live in the US. Please don't think that we are all think it's ok because it's not so. I don't mind edgy humor. But the place for it is not a public forum, where children can read it. I don't have the words to best describe it but dispicable would be one of them.

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:27 pm

It is not only about mass murder but also about suicide. (A topic that absolutely should stay out of the forum.)
And most of all it refers to a (national, ethic, and religious) conflict that is still existing more or less latent. (Wasn't there a guideline that Areliths forum should stay clear of rl politics?)
(I am not talking about the intentions of the poster.)
Isn’t it possible to delete single posts?

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:55 pm

honestly this thread should be locked again

and posts after irongron's removed (except maybe HD52's)

as well as all offending images

this is getting silly folks
🤡