Need help with starting a faction

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

afreshstart

Need help with starting a faction

Post by afreshstart » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Lately, I have been really interested in RPing a dragon cult. I haven't encountered or heard of any yet so I assume there are none currently. I'd like to start one on my own but there are two issues:

1) I have never been very involved with factions before so I don't really know how I'd run an engaging one for members and non-members alike.

2) I'm currently very busy with my studies, so my play times are quite inconsistent. Although I plan to commit myself to a faction as much as I can, I won't be able to do it all the time.

If you are interested , or plan to do something similar please let me know. Even if nothing comes from it I'd love to hear your experiences,advices and ideas. :D

Have a nice day/night!

Frostaspella

Re: Need help with starting a faction

Post by Frostaspella » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 am

That sounds like fun it would be alot of fun! I might be interested in doing something like that!
Frostaspella (Mage = Free Food and Drinks for all!)

Ski-U-Mah!
Skol Vikings!

#gopherfinalfour2018
#minnesotamarchtothealamo

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:22 am

My advice with a faction is that if you plan to start one make sure you have enough time to lead it. Most factions unless they've been around for many many months will fall apart if their leader disappears for an extended period of time. Factions tend to need quite a bit of help from their leader to keep the RP flowing and keep people interested!

If you can't be on very often then make sure to found it with a group of other 'founders' that will push it in your absence.
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

afreshstart

Post by afreshstart » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:33 am

WanderingPoet wrote:My advice with a faction is that if you plan to start one make sure you have enough time to lead it. Most factions unless they've been around for many many months will fall apart if their leader disappears for an extended period of time. Factions tend to need quite a bit of help from their leader to keep the RP flowing and keep people interested!

If you can't be on very often then make sure to found it with a group of other 'founders' that will push it in your absence.
Thanks for the tip :) A reason I made this post is to hopefully find some people willing to co-found. I don't think I'll be a very suitable leader until my semester ends, and even after it ends the next one starts in a few months :? and after that grad school I hope :mrgreen:

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:58 am

soup fam, you want a cofounder?
20 RPR GANG

Voidstone Roulette

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:31 pm

i love dragons tell me more
0 Bonus: Does not stay in character, rushes around from spawn to spawn killing things with little to no interaction.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:47 am

Will it be a cult to a single dragon?
All color type dragons?
Or metalic?

afreshstart

Post by afreshstart » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:13 am

I have started doing things! I'll contact anyone who answered here when they are online. If anyone else is interested just send me a PM or speak with my character if you see her :P