Seeking a concept

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Trapped In A Sensual Seduction

Seeking a concept

Post by Trapped In A Sensual Seduction » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:01 am

Now, I do have a character but after taking such a long break I feel as though it'd be just plain unfair to come back with all the sensationalism that I stirred on my Duergar (probably not much, but still, a few months absence and then returning feels lame to me).

As such, if anyone's got any group concepts flitting around that can use another body, do let me know!
I prefer Underdark races/concepts, though I could be persuaded with a particularly conflict-heavy Surfacer concept.
Preferred evil alignment though I do know that well-played good alignments will make just as many enemies!

Ozzy.nl

Re: Seeking a concept

Post by Ozzy.nl » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:17 am

Go banites we are always recruiting!

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:18 am

New concepts are always tricky, It takes me a long time to think one up, a good place to start might be to just look up a map of the DnD world, find a spot, look up the lore, and maybe base your character on a likely occurrence that happened in X place, and of course, a reason for them appearing on the island of Arelith
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:23 am

You might get in touch with Frostaspella, find out what they've got cooking.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Improv

Post by Improv » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:57 am

Come back on your duergar, why not? People have short memories around here. Getting immersed in the world and seeing what other players are up to in game will probably be more inspiring than forum advice anyway when it comes to figuring out what to do next.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:07 pm

If I ever got myself to play an underdarker, I'd definitely make something in honour of Ghaunadaur. They're deviants who don't believe in the supremacy of any one species, which would be a relief I didn't have to play some silly supremacist.

"An unpredictable deity by human standards, Ghaunadaur (gone-ah-dowr) may aid worshipers who merely pay lip service to its rituals - even granting permanent magical boons by expending great power at times - but also known to devour or maim them without warning. It enjoys watching over the hunting and devouring activities performed by large, horrible monsters, as well as the suffering they cause. Ghaunadaur is a silent and terrible being when outside the Inner Planes, though ancient records recall a gibbering, bestial language spoken in the deity's great court of mingled mud and gelatin pools. The Elder Eye's sole means of communication is telepathy, combined with blunt and simple communications."

How awesome is that? An indifferent god of sludge who demands nothing but blood sacrifice.
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:34 pm

I echo Opustus, Ghaunadaur is really awesome.

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:50 am

paladin of the radiant <3
20 RPR GANG