Old Udos Droxun

OOC General Discussion

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Old Udos Droxun

Postby gilescorey » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:42 am

Astral wrote:Now they live in harmony... that's just disappointing.

No they don't. They were stacking soldiers up against each other in the Wheels just months ago. This "good ol days *sighs*" meme needs to die.
gilescorey

Plays as: cj

Postby Karris the Anarchist » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:52 am

CJ got it right, there's more than one cold war going on in the UD between pretty much all the factions, and occasionally it breaks out into full-blown conflict.

And also, I played during old Udos - sure, it was great, a lot of conflict, a lot of intense RP. I remember when Oblodra Draaka basically wiped out my House, Xymox, in one fateful night, and it was great and well-deserved. But do not underestimate the human ability to romanticize the past when the present is found lacking. The drow RP I've found recently since my late return to the UD is every bit as fueled by internal conflict, ripe with danger and mistrust between even those you call your allies. I have joined up with House Serenthal, and even though we are all 'One House', the job of the Matron is pretty keeping a solid bunch of chaotic evil psychopaths in line and them from killing one another, which can only be done through fear and intimidation and a personal show of supreme power. There is absolutely no cookie-cutting going on. Kill, or be killed.

In essence, everything that it's supposed to be.
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.
Karris the Anarchist

Plays as: Different sides of the moral spectrum

Postby Sab1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm

I don't see things as good ol days, Udos was a lot of fun for those who liked Llothite rp, if you weren't a fan of Lloth, hated to be bossed about, etc, Udos probably wasn't that fun. I don't think ohh Udos was the best ever, and things were getting a bit empty there so was probably time for it to go. As a drow I just liked it more then the current UD city simply because I loved the feeling you got at it's height of being in a drow city forced to deal with it's harsh culture. When I played a drow that was what I was seeking at the time. As the UD population dropped and Udos started to get empty, it was dull there.
Sab1

Postby Jagel » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:23 pm

*deep breath* I remember the Underdark before there was an Udos Dro'Xun. There were a couple of houses, that's it.

I was convinced by a friend to try Arelith because of drow rp and I really fell in love with it. I could probably write pages about the glorious days of yore. There really were some incredibly fun times back in the different versions of Udos Dro'Xun.

The old Elg'Carin days, playing both Qu'el'saruk and Ul'saruk, shaping Melee Magthere rp, going on patrols, doing promotions and trials, house wars, intrigue *deep sigh*. Dria'fiend and Elg'Carin merging under Shai'rin, squaring off against the Killian Yath. Warring with Urblexis Grond, being part of the first Web (wait, those never existed nvm). Those were indeed the days *another dreamy sigh*

It was also really frustrating for us, the "hardcore" drow rp'ers when other players did not conform to our strict Llothlite/Menzo version of drow rp. It took me years to realise that my own point of view was part of the problem. If my rp, immersion and fun depended on other players following my idea of a fun rp-environment for drow. I agree that the Pit Town days are not exactly glory days to be fondly remembered but I had a lot of fun playing a drow from a fallen noble house and getting dragged into plots that involved other races and a lot of other delightful players.

I really do not miss Udos Dro'Xun. The only way to make a drow exclusive city fun would be to make the underdark part server mechanically drow-centric and I don't think that's a good idea. I love what's been done with Andunor.
Jagel

Postby hmm2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:37 am

Dunshine wrote:I'll probably never get that immerged
in my characters again, simple because of the lack of time...

But... but...
playing more gives
a clearer look at what players want. : 3
Plays as: Axe
hmm2

Plays as: Axe

Previous

Return to The Slanty Shanty