2nd server run robbed of 3 magic items. can i meet some nice

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

CharlesK

2nd server run robbed of 3 magic items. can i meet some nice

Post by CharlesK » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:54 am

Ok, so i complained on fist sewer run getting ambushed in sewer and then killed on respawn at boat. Obviously organized.

So for my 2nd sewer run, ran into two guys, we joined up. afterwards checking inventory 2 unidentified magic rings and a (I think a amulet) were gone from my inventory. It took me a sec to figure out had been pick pocketed of multiple items.

To both folks in the party, I happened to write down your character names and your player names and gave information to DMs to investigate which one robbed me. If there is an innocent person, the DM search will show your innocence. To the jerk griefing me - I sincerely hope you get banned and lose all your crap.

I am now looking for active players to join up with in a guild/faction or whatever it is called to find some non-scumbags on this server.

I am not quitting this server because of a few jerk offs, but I am starting to wonder if this effort is worth my time.
:D :D :D

CharlesK

Re: 2nd server run robbed of 3 magic items. can i meet some

Post by CharlesK » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:55 am

Oh does anyone know usually long it takes to hear back from DMs on something like this?
:D :D :D

Lorkas

Re: 2nd server run robbed of 3 magic items. can i meet some

Post by Lorkas » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:08 am

Once again, it is inappropriate to post this in the public forums. I see that you have reported it already, but the appropriate way to approach this is to report it to the DMs and then not post about it in the public forums.

It sucks that you're running into awful people who are breaking the rules in order to grief you (maybe even just the same awful person again and again?), but this is not the right way to approach it. I will simply delete any future threads like this complaining about rulebreaks or other jerkish behavior by other players. Report, and the DMs (who are volunteers with lives outside of Arelith) will investigate when they are able.

It's standard procedure though that the DMs do not give out details of any punishments or non-punishments to other players. Don't expect to get to cheer at your enemies' comeuppance.

For what it's worth: this is all very surprising to me. I've been playing here for almost 6 years now and never had my new characters killbashed or multiple-pickpocketed. I hope that your future sessions are better than your previous ones.