Speedies

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Cybernet21

Speedies

Post by Cybernet21 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:54 am

I have a question specifically towards the DM's,how do the speedies lorewise do their work?Will we ever know how it happens or is it a secret so well kept that not even the Hins know how they do it?

My bet is on unbreakable portal lenses that take them anywhere on the isle :lol:
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Gods_Kill_People

Re: Speedies

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:17 am

Scrying and teleporting to the person with magic so ancient, they keep it only to themselves!

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:08 am

Time to steal there magic and rule the world....

Or atleast arelith

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:46 am

I've always thought it was Interdimensional Trebuchets~

Beernerd81

Post by Beernerd81 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:17 pm

All of the speedies are actually secret avatars of Lord Ao and are, therefore, omnipotent and omnipresent.
Hunter548 wrote:Variety is often overrated. Sucking at 15 things is not better than being good at 3.
Wytchee wrote:Please roleplay all classes listed on your character sheet.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:30 pm

nah more then likely servants of Oghma, god of Knowledge, so they know everything.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:45 pm

I don't believe there is a 'cannon reason' how speedies work. I'd welcome players to make up their own!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Its obvious that speedies have found a way to persistently cause the scrying bug so they always pop up right beside you for the message then use -teleport to leave.

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

SwampFoot

Post by SwampFoot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:41 pm

It's an illusion. They only *dash off* for effect. They were never really there.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:43 pm

My research in the matter has determined that the is, in fact, only one person (look carefully at the guy in the game next time). What no one has realizes is that he is moving at an infinite velocity thus, he exists everywhere at once.

The funny part is that he used to be a giant but years of moving that fast has caused him to quickly evolve into a halfling to reduce wind drag and frictional forces (mostly relating to heat energy).

I theorize that he will continue to get smaller.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:50 pm

Evolution acts on populations over time, not on individuals.

That is to say, it must be some kind of hive consciousness adapted to deliver us messages.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:52 pm

It is. The single creature is in fact, a population of two with his goblin brother in the underdark.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Bashagain » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:33 pm

-Uncovered from the arcane archives of Speedy Corp Shareholders Reports-

Projected illusion of an attractive, elven spokesmodel narrates:

Do you remember when you first arrive on Arelith and did errands for Speedy’s? Do you remember delivering a package to a strange GNOME in The Map Room? The delivery process is how we magically “attune” to your own unique weave-strands. From that point on, we track your every movement with Arelithwide GPS (Gnomish Positioning Spell).

By exploiting “thin” barriers between the planes on Arelith through the massive magical artifact that is The Map Room itself, and amplifying the combined effects of SCRYING and PROJECT IMAGE, Speedy Corp provides reliable telecommunication for the daring modern day Arelithian Adventurers at an affordable price. Thank you for being our patron through your ownership of our mercantile shares! Speedy’s: We Deliver!
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Bashagain wrote:....
Best explanation ever.
I'll accept it as cannon 8-)

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Since they all look the same I assumed it was just the same guy delivering everything. Probably a bored god of the halflings who portforlio includes message delivery and pickpocketing. I assume they rob me everytime they deliver a message.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Ozzy.nl wrote:
Bashagain wrote:....
Best explanation ever.
I'll accept it as cannon 8-)
Yep,i am right there with you
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Diilicious

Post by Diilicious » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Gods_Kill_People wrote:Scrying and teleporting to the person
Just regular scrying then?
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

Dreschor

Post by Dreschor » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:19 pm

Its way more easy than that, but as we charge fifty bucks for each message and people are willing to pay we won't tell you :P

Toxicity

Post by Toxicity » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:19 am

I like to think of the speedies as being like Slivers from Magic the Gathering - that is to say, a hive mind. One speedy has Supreme speed? they all do. One speedy gets a job to deliver a message? They all have the job etc.
The cops are banging on the front door
They want to burn me
They've locked me up before
I'm the bad guy in the back seat
I'm just somebody with a big dream
I need a new scene
Stay away from me
I'm not the enemy