Ride skill requirement

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Hunter548

Re: Ride skill requirement

Post by Hunter548 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:23 pm

flower wrote:We will need different spawn of horses because once most people put ranks into riding, you cannot dismount without it being stolen.

It happened often on my Elf and only few people could ride it, now when whole server can ride i am afraid we will see a massive horse thievery by people simple jumping on nearest horse and galloping off!

Maybe horse could work like animal companion and you would buy it from stables, with ability to spawn that horse once per day...though if Irongron has already somethin planned we need to wait.
Sounds like you need to deal with this the historical way horse thieves were dealt with.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

flower

Post by flower » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Hunter548 wrote:
flower wrote:We will need different spawn of horses because once most people put ranks into riding, you cannot dismount without it being stolen.

It happened often on my Elf and only few people could ride it, now when whole server can ride i am afraid we will see a massive horse thievery by people simple jumping on nearest horse and galloping off!

Maybe horse could work like animal companion and you would buy it from stables, with ability to spawn that horse once per day...though if Irongron has already somethin planned we need to wait.
Sounds like you need to deal with this the historical way horse thieves were dealt with.

Hangedmen did not come back in historical way...:D

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Part of the reason for my removing the Summon Mount feat was so I could control the amount of horses on the module and, in time, have them and their equipment as another aspect of the market economy. Horses as a features inside certain guildhouse areas, such as the Frontier Farm and the Desert Camp are now a real benefit.

Probably because I played too much Elite Dangerous last year but I'd like to see horses a little like one's own personal spaceship, where a PC can select/buy a certain mechanical breed, and then outfit it with looted and crafted items. Right now I envision this being done via a stable NPC, where one's horse is saved (and refreshed) at server resets. Of course I'd also like a proper jousting area.

Though as I said before I'm in no hurry with this. Last night's update really was the culmination of many week's work, both from myself and an amazing team of staff and contributors. It's left me feeling really shattered, and taking advice from some my staff I'm going to finally take some time to actually play Arelith, it's something long overdue and I doubt I've clocked more than 10 hours in the last 6 months.

flower

Post by flower » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:25 pm

I would love to see these things you wrote about.

And i agree on the personal spaceship.

Ramza

Post by Ramza » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:36 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Irongron, please stop making me have more reasons to be more open with the Desert Camp's use. I CANT HAVE THE ENTIRE ISLE HAVING KEYS TO THE PLACE!