Tips on Locating Cyric Worshippers

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Spaniardl

Tips on Locating Cyric Worshippers

Post by Spaniardl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:46 pm

So I could probably attempt to burn down the Temple of the Triad and get thrown in jail and see who shows up to visit me. But, I would like some suggestions on ways of finding fellow Cyric worshippers without exposing my character as one. Thanks for any help!

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Tips on Locating Cyric Worshippers

Post by Durvayas » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Join the guard. Any known cyricists are probably listed somewhere, and you'll get to face to face with any murderers found.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Cerk Evermoore

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:35 pm

People really underestimate how great Cordor guard RP is when you are just taking bribes and dusting crimes under the rug.

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Might be approaching FOIG territory here, but I can offer one other piece of practical advice.

Many of the Cyric-worshipping characters I've known in the past were wildly different, and it was just fantastic. But there was one common thing among them. They all masqueraded as worshipers of the less militant gods. Sune, Sharess and Lathander were the favorites. It's possible you might find a few who "worship" Waukeen, Tymora, Chauntea or Oghma as well. They hide in plain sight, so you might discover a few as you go along.

Honestly, I'm glad they are difficult to find. Harpers shouldn't be the only super secretive group. In fact, it makes even more sense for Cyricists and Sharrans to behave like that as well.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

Spaniardl

Post by Spaniardl » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:07 pm

Thanks for the tips. I completely agree that they should be tough to find. But, I had no idea where to start haha.