RP Stories

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Spaniardl

RP Stories

Post by Spaniardl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Hello. I am interested in hearing some examples of your RP stories in game. For example, what did your character do in game 'roleplay' wise? You can comment on something that was very short-term, or long-term I am also curious about evil characters and what people have done in the past. Thanks.

Spaniardl

Re: RP Stories

Post by Spaniardl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 pm

To clarify, I am not looking to hear your PC's background and such. I want to know accomplishments RP-wise in game. Thanks

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:44 pm

One of my sorcerers once mined so much adamantine that he broke the adamantine market, selling them for 10k a piece. That was a fun time.
:)

Nemain

Post by Nemain » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:55 pm

Those who knew my Trueflamer's tendencies often made an effort to deny her alcohol, or be away from her when she started drinking. Whenever she started, she'd -always- drink herself under the table.... And then randomly cast hazardous AoEs all over the place in her stupor.

I actually did some research for one of my fiendlocks, to give her a specific Demon holding her pact and such... Don't remember the details, but one of the pact's stipulations was that whenever she saw an altar to -any- deity, she was under geas to try to destroy or otherwise spoil it in any way, shape or form possible- immediatelly, no matter who was looking. That character didn't survive to her seventh level, but it was fun while it lasted.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Spaniardl wrote:Hello. I am interested in hearing some examples of your RP stories in game. For example, what did your character do in game 'roleplay' wise? You can comment on something that was very short-term, or long-term I am also curious about evil characters and what people have done in the past. Thanks.
Hi! I think you snorted at my elf (Ceviran) the other night in Brog. :) That elf was in a position to sabotage the bombardment of Wharftown but instead helped make sure it happened with the now disbanded Golden Eagles.

His father, before him (Astarial- also played IG, not a background thing) actually helped make the buildings of Wharftown fireproof back when Abazurr decided to bring all her kids because Wharftown was hosting a gold dragon in its Waymen.

Astarial also freed King Edward from the necromantic spell-thrall of three corrupted royal court mages within the palace, earning himself an offer to become a royal court mage himself.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Jack Oat

Post by Jack Oat » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:05 pm

This seems to delve a bit into the FOIG territory of RP storytelling. There are loads of characters who have been around long enough/know enough people to give these kinds of stories ICly. Otherwise, there's the Encyclopedia Arelithica.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Garrbear wrote:

quite bluntly we can't balance the server around people who don't play well

Irongron wrote:

My main takeaway from this is that Jack is apparently personable

Cerk Evermoore

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:06 pm

Vippin, we don't know exactly what he did. But his name goes on in kobold lore as the first kobold to ever preform a slam dunk on regulation B-ball nets.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:18 pm

I once convinced several paladins that Sharrans are not bad. Also, I've discovered that FR history is a lie as it makes no logical sense the original Twin Goddesses were shadow and moon (that makes no sense). It was actually Moon and Sun. Like the Pokemon games.

Also, my characters are perpetually locked in a cosmic battle with CoastalSurf and Daedin about dying on each other/leaving each other.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Spaniardl

Post by Spaniardl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:50 pm

YuP! Beldin hates elves. <3

Spaniardl

Post by Spaniardl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:50 pm

thanks for all the examples ya'll

DSM-IV

Post by DSM-IV » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Back in the day, oh couple years ago now, pre-Cordor, pre-warftown, pre- Shadow Cordor updates when we had to have 3, yes 3, councilors run Cordor. (Most of the time three folks got elected and only one really did anything.) You kids and your one councilor, BAH!

Well, we pulled off a coup in Cordor that I still like to pat myself on the back about. It took RL months to plan, but 2 Sharrens and a Maskite got elected to run Cordor. We took the guard over and installed the Banite leader of Sencliff. (Miss you Dutchess.) We gave the very large Banite faction a church right next to the Triad temple. It was good times! Blood in the streets! It all worked perfectly for maybe 2 weeks before a councilor was assassinated by a Harper (Not a hundred percent sure about that) and everything fell apart.
Not a Harper

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:56 pm

My character Hounynrae won a duel to become commander of the melee magthere during the pit town era. The duel was between her and Sephilia Darklight. Hounynrae critted three times in a row... with a halberd... and no WM levels, killing Sephilia instantly. It was a statistically unlikely event, and it was amazing for hounynrae's reputation.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:12 pm

All my coolest stuff was done by Diego, heh. Once had a councilor that was bad news, so trailed him and his lady friend while they went killing gnolls and listened to them talk the whole way. The councilor talked about suspicions and troubles he had with certain people, one of them being an annoying fellow guard. So when the councilor got back, it was a simple matter of talking to him and saying a little comment about that guard, then going back to the guard and aiming him more solidly at the councilor. When the fires died down, the Councilor was gone from Cordor. Sometimes, all people need is a little nudge XD

Also, there was this one abyssal mage that flipflopped alliances like every other week. This time, he went on a killing spree of several guards but got caught and taken to jail. Diego, who's the commander at the time, says oh haaaaell naw, not MY guards, and goes to the Jail, gets the councilor and his Lieutenant to leave him inside the cell with him alone (this is back when you couldn't see into the cells), and then gives this long schpeel to the mage about how he's not like the others, he understands sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, then yells out "Oh no! Stop casting!!!" Then proceeds to murder the mage in the cell. Totally gets away with it too.
I had absolutely no idea at the time that the mage was on his last MoD life!

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:50 pm

built a god damn stock exchange

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Dovesong

Post by Dovesong » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:52 pm

Kuma wrote:built a god damn stock exchange
Got drunk and moved the god damn Arcane Tower
In'iira - Woman of Many Talents.

Lily-Rose - Daughter of the storm

CookieMonster
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CookieMonster » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Durvayas wrote:My character Hounynrae won a duel to become commander of the melee magthere during the pit town era. The duel was between her and Sephilia Darklight. Hounynrae critted three times in a row... with a halberd... and no WM levels, killing Sephilia instantly. It was a statistically unlikely event, and it was amazing for hounynrae's reputation.
Uh... No, not true at all.

Their was a level difference of around 9 levels and Hounynrae beat Sephilia by the skin of her teeth to become the Commander. That title lasted less than a couple of weeks, as Sephilia and Hounynrae had a rematch when the gap had closed to around 2 levels difference and infront of the Leaders of the City Sephilia put the hammer down on Hounynrae and ruined her in seconds... And did so every single time they faced each other after that.

I always did wonder why Hounynrae was an NPC in the City, when the character was litterally an outcast and Sephilia was the commander of the Magathere until Udos and Pit Town were ultimately destroyed.
DM Spyre wrote:Someone has watched too much Dragonball Super.

CookieMonster
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CookieMonster » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Sephilia Darklight -

Became the Ul'Saress of Udos Dro'Xun and Pit Town after beating Hounynrae in a rematch for the title. During her time, Sephilia brought an army of Drow together and became so powerful that the Matrons of the Houses attempted to limit the powers she had due to the fact she had amassed a greater force the the three houses combined..

Sephilia joined the Al'truissa House as they had assured her that in return for having their name, she would be left to lead the Magathere as she saw fit and would be protected from the orders of the other Matrons due to Al'Truissa's Matron being the First Matron.

Despite the wishes of some Drow in the Magthere Sephilia opened their ranks to none Drow, allowing them to train with an hold some authority outside of Udos Dro'Xun recognised by Pit Towns leader at the time. With Drow, Goblins and Gnoll behind her, she led many successful attacks on the Surface and defended many more attacks in the Underdark.

But, the Underdark was unstable and the waters of below rising quickly. Her reign as the Commander came to a conclusion as the waters reclaimed both Cities.
DM Spyre wrote:Someone has watched too much Dragonball Super.

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Bashagain » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:42 pm

RP Story?

Started as a shipwrecked upstart washed ashore, joined a guard in a strange town where drow, undead, demons, and self proclaimed evil dragons roamed freely and murdered farmers and towns folks for fun. Through political maneuvers and connections to a wide range of factions, became a guard captain of the community, then a council member while retaining his command of the guard. Abused his power to banish undead, demons, devils, drow, and coaxed a Banite Blackguard to find a new home away from the town by usurping the seat of evil power under the control of Dragon Cultist people called Stonehold through a bribe of a Flaming Holy Sword from Kohlingen to corrupt. Betrayed the Banites by banishing them from the town. Betrayed a council member colleague by exposing her as the black witch of Shar, beheading her in public. Waging multiple wars against Banites. Stealing the wife of a prominent merchant of the town, and eventually being driven out from the town after a spectacular capture of Maskite Thieves Guild leaders, who in turn used their guild members to target his infant daughter and his wife. That was Cordor.

Militarized Wharftown, fought the thieves guild of Cordor, The Hand, and the Banites who infiltrated Cordor as Waukeen’s Guard. Fought the Abyssal who helped him take down The Black Witch of Shar. Raised children, and died in The Abyssal fortress after helping his children escape.

That is my RP story while playing Aristotlus Bibliophilius the Fifth
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:59 pm

I'm involved in UD politics, again.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:51 am

CookieMonster wrote:
Durvayas wrote:My character Hounynrae won a duel to become commander of the melee magthere during the pit town era. The duel was between her and Sephilia Darklight. Hounynrae critted three times in a row... with a halberd... and no WM levels, killing Sephilia instantly. It was a statistically unlikely event, and it was amazing for hounynrae's reputation.
Uh... No, not true at all.

Their was a level difference of around 9 levels and Hounynrae beat Sephilia by the skin of her teeth to become the Commander. That title lasted less than a couple of weeks, as Sephilia and Hounynrae had a rematch when the gap had closed to around 2 levels difference and infront of the Leaders of the City Sephilia put the hammer down on Hounynrae and ruined her in seconds... And did so every single time they faced each other after that.

I always did wonder why Hounynrae was an NPC in the City, when the character was litterally an outcast and Sephilia was the commander of the Magathere until Udos and Pit Town were ultimately destroyed.
Its odd how opposing players have different memories of the same event.

Hounynrae handily beat Sephilia the first time via the triple crit. Thats a fact. Sephilia did beat Hounynrae and took the magthere roughly a month later, also a fact. But that is where the facts end.

Hounynrae was never an outcast, and at no point was ever hunted by drow society. She briefly made a house as a blackguard, house Mel'arn, and merged into Al'truissa to secure the position of second or third daughter, where she remained until I shelved her after burning out on the mishandling of the flayer war by the arelith staff(when it became very clear that the plotline was going absolutely nowhere, regardless of how often and how successfully we attacked the flayers).
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Bashagain » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Whoa, whoa, let’s just leave it where we say both of your characters fought a few times trading victories in the backdrop of evolving drow society. It’s the wide arching RP story that’s fun to read about, not a debate on details of arbitrary pvp scores. PVP match on Arelith is like a hotdog eating contest; only involved competitors are serious about it, while most others look on with short lived amusement. Your characters both have cool stories. Let’s move on.
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63

SwampFoot

Post by SwampFoot » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:30 am

One of my most memorable stories was Hunter Underleaf, Ranger, Hawk'in and owner of the isles greatest moustache.

Became Hawk'in Commander at the time that River Moonchild was name and Elder of Bendir. Fought in the Badger Wars to aid Meles defeat Selem (the abyssal in wolverine disguise). Travelled with the likes of Trintiren Elriandel (King of Myon at the time), Sir Erik Silverarms (First Knight of Benwick), and many other memorable characters (too numeral to list). Barely ever fought political battles as he was content to protect Bendir. Constantly bickered with, but never fought, Grendal Bloodwater (Dread Monk and leader of the Banites). Shot Kobolds innumeral with a gonne when he found them on Bendir lands. Retired to tend ponies on the mainland.

taoofbalance

Post by taoofbalance » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:05 am

I had a Rogue that was part of the group that helped to overthrow Venatari. They stormed the castle, did some fighting and put out current monarch on the throne. Also... he had the map they used to infiltrate the palace for the longest time, until he handed it off to someone else.
"Typical larval god fetus..."-Patrick Rothfuss.