Goblin Idea

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

PinkFuzzyBunnyoftheApocolypse

Goblin Idea

Post by PinkFuzzyBunnyoftheApocolypse » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Hey all,
I am looking for a few players who might be willing to help me with an idea dealing with Goblins. The tribesmen (barbarian) seems to be geared towards goblins and I was hoping maybe we could get three or four goblins to multiclass between barbarian (tribesmen) and rogue/ranger/fighter... PM me if you are interested.

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Re: Goblin Idea

Post by Dalenger » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:45 pm

Beware: the tribal path is in very much not a good place right now. However, I do see the thematic potential to a party of like 12 freaking goblins storming the hub. Good luck.
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

Mirw
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Mirw » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:46 am

Hi!
First of all i had got a pure tribal goblin barb level 30, and i can say its pure fun tp being tribal, especially with goblins, however the tribal path is not a PvP class at all, its strong against PvE but the in RP where pvp often occurs as RP solution (like in the Underground) its not so strong.

But i encourage it to start and try. I rarely died with the tribals on my side in PvE so its good to have your tribals on your side when no other goblin is around.

for multiclassing i dont know about cuz tribals level up with your barb levels, so they will be weaker with every non barb levels.

On note : the tribals get their epic feats wrongly, Epic weapon focus, Overwhelming critical and one more for Greataxe which they dont use. So calculate that into the deciding.

Cheers and have fun with tribals.
"Burn Them All!"
Plays as Ret, the pyromaniac tribal wargob

PinkFuzzyBunnyoftheApocolypse

Post by PinkFuzzyBunnyoftheApocolypse » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:28 pm

In the past few months I have created many different characters and found I have not been able to get into any of them. My RP has been shallow, the limited time I have is a huge contributing factor, and I just haven't really been able to coordinate with other players. This makes it very challenging. However, I think my biggest problem is that I have been going about it more with the end game in mind and PvP when I should be looking at it from more of an RP perspective.

So I figure a bunch of tribal barbarians would make for some great RP we could raid the surface and go about PvE with little fear of being PvP'ed. Even a single drow would be hesitant to try and take on a whole "army" of tribal warriors. If we would even slightly mutliclass we would have Sneak Attack open to us, Lock picking, and dual wield options, as well as the potential for more allies in the form of summoned creatures. It would only take a couple of us to make "raids" on the surface and the interaction between three goblins would make for some interesting surface (and UD) RP. We wouldn't even have to be high level our sheer numbers would make us a "threat".

I realize it isn't a very "powerful" class per say but the RP possibilities seem endless.

SEXYCOCKROACHES

Post by SEXYCOCKROACHES » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Tribal as a general is iffy to play RP-wise as well. It just seems weird you can't make your tribe-mates speak, or even emote. That's actually my biggest complaint about them, due to mechanics not taking so much of a forefront in my mind. If you could make your tribal warriors even emote something, it would be way more attractive, at least to me.

It's an interesting idea, but I feel that this falls into the one-trick-pony category. If you're going into this with only the idea of making a Tribal with other Tribals for goblin swarm, I'd suggest taking a step back and creating a character so that even without your fellow goblins, something is there.
We are all worms. But I believe that I am a glow-worm.
-Winston Churchill

"I used to play a ****load of chess back when I was a lil runt, and being white really is a massive advantage." -Endag

Aero Silver

Post by Aero Silver » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:39 pm

The main problem with giving the tribal lackeys the ability to speak and emote if that it gives the player two additional voices in interactions.

Example, the main character can make fun of another, and the lackeys laugh at their expense. A fast typing player could unwittingly spam the chat channel and cause confusion.

I tend to prefer to see the tribals as the Dolls from Street Fighter, where they unquestionably follow M. Bison around like his silent bodyguards and loyal assassins.

Here is another scenario:
The tribals don't have to be refined and cute. They can be gruff and tough like the harem of King Conan of Aquilonia (consorts and bodyguards).

And another scenario:
Think of the Joker's clown masked gang. They are your typical cannon fodder. Their only purpose is to have their behinds handed to them by Batman. They barely get a one-liner.
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous. Meaning: all that glitters ain't gold.

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:36 pm

The plan to unite several tribal goblin barb popped up several times before. I know one point when there were three characters around - for a short while. It is great to look at!
But I would suggest to think about an character concept that works for you alone - for two reasons:
- I have seen many "closed" groups from outside... often with the side effect of being less inclusive to their environment
- when one "vanishes", often all are gone

Goblins in masses are the very highlight of goblin (tribal) rp - going on hunts or having meetings. My highlight: 13 goblin characters doing a raid causing much chaos but no rush and time for rp... it is overwhelming!
But you can do this by just finding other goblins IG. (And there are so many players that have goblins in their vault and jump in if there is nice goblin rp.)
And most of all: You can open this kind of rp with all "tribal" races (orogs, ogres, hob-goblins, gnolls, and I also would say kobolds (but sadly...) / and those duergars, deepgnomes (and even drow) that also want to stick to wild tribal "monster" rp.)
ATM there is a try to make those races stick together more. (Even if there is distrust and rivalry - but that spices all up and is also within those races.)
So what about 12 tribal characters raiding the surface? (or maybe just you single/three goblin/s with three or more other monster characters? Count me in :))

Last but not least: Goblin characters open a wide set of rp opportunities. Also goblins can get into interactive rp very quickly. They made them self a name in the UD. There are those who hate them and many that include them into rp. And there is a goblin clan.

reighbo

Post by reighbo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:18 am

I to have seen this goblin barbarian tribal effect IG.
When 1 goblin is 3 ... and 3 goblins look 9 and 4 goblins look 12.
Then adds just a few other player goblins (of various classes) and then just a very few players,
look like an goblin army! :shock:
It can get harder to tell who is who, while many of the goblin players adopted the -disguise Tribal ... as well.
Yet we don't minds!

Is already much great advice posted above, id just like to suggest ...
You build the goblin barbarian tribal type ... as You wish built.
I will hope others (MANY) others join you!
Yet worry not, as id KNOW others will already, IG.

But why wait for others to build them?
While all the while you can have yer own.

Hell i'll even offer MY goblin to -disguise herself as 1 more of your tribals ... making you look to have 3! ... 2 goblins can look like 4 ... ans THEN we'd gathers more!

Keep your RPing perspective, as the possibilities are endless ...
And i'll always thinks ... the more goblins the better! even if just 1 more.
:mrgreen:

-"If you build it, he will come" , Field of Dreams 1989.