Any Banites out there?

OOC General Discussion
SigurdTheMighty

Any Banites out there?

Post by SigurdTheMighty » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:20 am

Looking to get started with me new char, pms would be appreciated. Much thanks. :twisted: Time for some puppy stompin'!

FrozenSolid

Re: Any Banites out there?

Post by FrozenSolid » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:46 am

I know the new banite church is real fancy, and I have a plan to roll a darker themed character for my next one. I would also like to know who leads the current banite church and maybe set stuff up as well.
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:05 am

I have a low level banite char whom I'd love to get off the ground. I would be happy to try to resurrect the banite faction. Again :).

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:26 pm

Banite priestess, checking in. See sig. Lol.
Active Chars:
Lily-Rose - Daughter of the Storm
In'iira Arab'afin - Woman of Many Talents

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:57 am

Hi,

If you are a Banite PC actively living in the Banite Church,
Shoot me a PM
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.

Borgian Oligarchy

Post by Borgian Oligarchy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:31 am

[edited by Dunshine]

SigurdTheMighty

Post by SigurdTheMighty » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:23 am

It did need a kick in the butt. I know and understand play times are a thing, and we all have lives separate from this. But there needed to be a form of invitation to get this started. It's not a DM led super faction. The dm has it till it has someone wanting to lead it. If that person setting up as a Dreadlord wants the gig, it's theirs. All I can see the recent event as was an invitation to get people into it. No one is being sidelined there's going to be a new shrine in Cordor so newer players can learn about Bane's faction/factions. The faction of Bane isn't just players though, and has a good number of npc's that need to have reactions to things.

Borgian Oligarchy

Post by Borgian Oligarchy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:25 am

There were already people in it who were working up to leading it, but people have to level to do that.

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:27 am

[edited by Dunshine]
Active Chars:

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:31 am

Why is it players feel the need to cry when a DM steps up because of something that happened in game, they responded because the Temple to Bane was bought out by the Triad. Seriously, it was abandoned and they acted on an action that should never have taken place. The DM never said "Hey, I am gonna lead this now forever and its a DM faction you have to beg to be a part of"...it was a simple, Hey the Banites still exist, we should still be feared, the Mainland sent backup, Dreadlord is NOT the leader of the Temple, anyone that plays a Banite knows the Imperceptor which HAS to be a priest leads. So yeah.

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:32 am

DarkDreamer, I strongly suggest you take a step back and cool off. You're coming across as extremely rude and confrontational, and I doubt it will end the way you want it to.
Active Chars:

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:33 am

Umm I do have to disagree if there something in cordor promoting the Bane faction to have a open shrine to a diety that wants his followers to take over and promote tyranny? Does it not also make it seem the server is pushing this faction?

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:01 am

Why did you need to level up before assuming the mantle of leader? Is there an OOC requirement?

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:02 am

No, but if a lvl 5 Banite gets the snot thumped out of them by every adventurer, they aren't going to be taken seriously IC. It comes down to PVP, especially in a martially-focused faith like the Banites are.
Active Chars:

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:03 am

I think having over 10 levels is important to at least get to your keep without getting killed by the mobs on the way.
:)

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:04 am

Also, what Cortex said.
Active Chars:

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:08 am

I didn't know what level the character in question was, and am new to the server so was asking a genuine question about faction leadership. Just trying to get a feel for things.

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:13 am

You can lead a faction without the levels. You can lead the banite faction without having a good pvp build ( I actually did this with my first banite Grendal Bloodwater: he was terrible at PVP but I built him into a char, so it worked out.).) Hostile RP does not always mean PVP, even for banites :). What you can't do is engage in pvp with opposing forces without the builds and levels to back it up. Because you will lose. It can be done but it is hard. However people are willing to put the hard work into their factions. The banites could have risen again.

In regards to this incident: Why on earth did triad players think it would be ok to go over and buy out the Temple of Bane without consulting with a DM? That is fundamentally metagamming, considering there are NPCs there that I hardly think would have allowed it. I understand not wanting to waste a nice piece of property, but the fact is, it WAS being used. The faction was trying to rebuild, which happens often. If you are going to use a game mechanic to make your faction win like that, people are not going to oppose you.

I was all set to start playing my banite again. I would like to know the current status of the Temple of Bane and how it came to be so. Because if what I think happened actually did , I am not playing that way. Could someone who knows all the facts please send me a PM with the chain of events or catch me in game if you don't mind talking about it that way?
Last edited by Black Wendigo on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:15 am

Well I am here. And anyone is welcome to Communicate with me OOCly or seek the character out ICly to see what he is doing in the church.

I'm 100% available. It's something I try to mention often when I run events

Speak to me. RP with me.

If you are abandoning your character without even messaging me or trying to learn about what is happening then I don't know what to tell you. I would really encourage anyone to reach out to me. I don't think any of my actions have stopped any Banite RP from happening, Yes, with the NPC I did purchase the Banite Church. That is because the signs were named silly things and owned by the Triad which is really silly and not an action I agree with and wanted to correct. This does not mean it's "Mine"

The entire purpose of what I am doing is to give the players more opportunities to do what they want. I really really encourage you to meet with Dmitri Sarkov the NPC Dreadlord and talk with him and figure out what is going on.

Also, the deal made with the Banites was made by a player. A player made the idea. A player pushed for it. and a Player offered it to the Banites.

So this is not a rail roaded plot. Everything is happening because of Player actions.
Last edited by DM Always This Late on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:19 am

I can see the wait if nothing else since it would seem a little odd someone so new off the boat was suddenly declaring they were head of the faith. But I respect the people more who take leadership without waiting till they are some super powerful epic. Always some good rp to be had, maybe you are a bit to vocal and cocky and are taking lumps because of it, so the bane folks have to train you to be more diplomatic at times etc....
Last edited by Sab1 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:20 am

TimeAdept wrote:I didn't know what level the character in question was, and am new to the server so was asking a genuine question about faction leadership. Just trying to get a feel for things.
No biggie! :) But with a military group whose entire dogma is fear, tyranny, oppression...you need them levels. Because you are GOING to be PVPed, or PVP others. It's part and parcel of the gig. (Also, Cortex's estimate of lvl 10 to reach the temple is VERY generous. I'd place it more around 15 since he is a grinding god and I am not.
Active Chars:

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:22 am

If you aren't a sneaky type and going to go there alone, Level 10 you will probably get smashed trying to get to the temple.

Borgian Oligarchy

Post by Borgian Oligarchy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:23 am

"Seek the character out ICly to see what he is doing in the church."

It's not a character. It's an NPC Avatar. THAT needs to be extremely clear. If you WANTED to lead the faction, it should have been done via leveling a character. The rest of us have to level.

And just because one person, new to the faction, asks you to do this, is it fair to everyone else in the faction that you do it.

I did own a quarter. I had been in communication with the former leader of the Banites to ask when the temple would go up for sale.

Find out first who's in the faction, make an attempt to contact them in game. I was logged on not two days ago on my Banite IN the faction headquarters, so all this talk that no one played is not true. We don't play the same hours some of you guys do, and I happen to have had a really long three weeks at work trying to meet deadlines, trying to manage my kids going back to school, so I couldn't be on much at all. This is just... a mess.
Last edited by Borgian Oligarchy on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:26 am

Well the character is there

I am online

And I have offered multiple means of ways to contact me and I am more then willing to come over and spawn Dmitri, it's no different then a PC logging on and he is not "Leading The Banites" he came with his own soldiers to bolster the current garrison.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:29 am

Completely off topic, but does anyone else think

when reading Dreadlord?
:)