Empty shops

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

flower

Empty shops

Post by flower » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:52 am

I started to look around for a shop for me and friends to sell off items and other stuff and found out, almost every single shop outside of cities (many in cities too) are taken, and...empty, having like one to five weird items with no value and stuff....inside.

A little fellow

Re: Empty shops

Post by A little fellow » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:55 am

Bring it up IG, IC. Attaining a shop isn't too much trouble.
Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're dutiful

flower

Post by flower » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:02 pm

In a city maybe not, but my character cannot enter cities, and ask locals for a shop.

And those outside often own characters i have never seen online (not saying they never play, juust never see them around when i am on).

Arithel 98

Post by Arithel 98 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:06 pm

Also know that just because shops are empty doesn't mean they're not selling. For example, I had a heal kit shop that within 2hrs of stocking would be picked dry, people complained I didn't stock it when the turnover rate on items was just higher than I could keep up with.

flower

Post by flower » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Arithel 98 wrote:Also know that just because shops are empty doesn't mean they're not selling. For example, I had a heal kit shop that within 2hrs of stocking would be picked dry, people complained I didn't stock it when the turnover rate on items was just higher than I could keep up with.
I know. But there are many shops which keep inside only items noone ever wants to buy. Some shops have changed hands like three times in a row, and the only thing the new owner has ever done is to keep selling things of previous owners (which is mostly a trash so stays there forever).

In no way i was aiming at people supplying consumebles (i know well how fast kits disappear :D ).

azrael_athing

Post by azrael_athing » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Arithel 98 wrote:Also know that just because shops are empty doesn't mean they're not selling. For example, I had a heal kit shop that within 2hrs of stocking would be picked dry, people complained I didn't stock it when the turnover rate on items was just higher than I could keep up with.
You are clearly underpricing. *Nods*

To respond to the OP, I agree. There is a mentality of hoarding things on the server even when one is not using them, including everything ownable, Quarter/Guildhouse/Shop. And it is something I belive we have reasons to work against. Just cause you are permitted to own one of each, doesn't mean you should or are even entitled to do so.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:33 pm

You cannot own a quarter outside your guild if you own a guild now, just as a clarification.
:)

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:34 am

there are stores for sale in cordor outskirts and a shop there that hasnt had new things since it was taken over, its even attracted attention ig, just to point out two spots, one which comes with a nice storage room too.
Yes I can sign

NotTheCIA

Post by NotTheCIA » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:43 am

flower wrote:
I know. But there are many shops which keep inside only items noone ever wants to buy. Some shops have changed hands like three times in a row, and the only thing the new owner has ever done is to keep selling things of previous owners (which is mostly a trash so stays there forever).

In no way i was aiming at people supplying consumebles (i know well how fast kits disappear :D ).
Considering the character you play, it might actually not be in your best interest to own a shop anyway, though absolutely nothing is stopping you from offering to help stock someone elses shop for a price, not even whether a shop is inside a settlement or not

Cerk Evermoore

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Settlement free shops are highly desired because you can sell all the body parts you want and you don't have to worry about losing your shop due to "morality concerns."

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Its hard for the city, since like quarters I think they need to rp before seizing them (I may be wrong), so if the person is never about and sitting on it, it can take awhile.

The big shop issue is so many sell the same items and many are overpriced so stock tends to stay awhile.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:42 pm

You're not wrong--no government action against another player character (seizing any property, exile, etc) can be taken without interactive RP beforehand.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:43 pm

or if you suspect the person is purposefully avoiding you and avoiding the eviction oocly, contact DMs

Cerk Evermoore

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:52 pm

I don't think he is involved in a city like that. Just a guy looking for a shop folks can't exile him from.