Golems

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Individual Thought Patterns

Golems

Post by Individual Thought Patterns » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:32 pm

I made a golem but I have no idea how to summon it. I bound it with the control stone and removed it from party before logging and now it doesn't summon or bind again, did I dun goof'd by doing that?

Red Sunset

Re: Golems

Post by Red Sunset » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:22 am

Its not broke, no. It wont work again until after a reset. Logging after a golem has been summoned just prevents that stone from working or the golem in question being rebound until a reset.

It'll work on the other server...and I think if you transition back you can resummon even if before it wouldnt, but now you've two golems out and I dont know how that figures into things.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:43 am

Unless it's been rebroken, you should be able to re-bind it now. I was able to repeatedly leave a golem and re-bind it while arranging 4 of them.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Red Sunset

Post by Red Sunset » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:02 pm

triaddraykin wrote:Unless it's been rebroken, you should be able to re-bind it now. I was able to repeatedly leave a golem and re-bind it while arranging 4 of them.
Just to for the sake of clarity, was this while you were logged in, Triad? Did you log at any point in the process? I might have missed an update, but I always found once you logged or went through server transition you cant rebind or resummon, unless you get creative.

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:21 pm

Yea once you log or transition you can't rebind it.
Like Red Sunset said just wait for a reset. Golems once summoned can't be "properly" dismissed, and if you log or transition you can't control them again so leaving them in a safe place when you're done with them is recommended.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:42 am

I didn't log, no. Unfortunately I can't test it anymore, as my main is vehemently against their use for her, personally.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs