-Track

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

-Track

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Am I the only one who thinks non-rangers should be able to get this somehow?

What if one were taught in game, or came from a background that allowed it? It'd greatly enhance things like assassins and AAs who could then begin to follow their quarry's trail from further away and not rely as heavily on diviners to scry.

What do we think of this?

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: -Track

Post by Ork » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:59 pm

At current, track doesn't provide relevant information to even warrant pursuing it via training. If -track was made more useful (i.e. a general # of x, weaknesses of x) then maybe it would be.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:00 pm

It could be cool if there were some things other than just languages that you could learn in game through RP. It could key off of wisdom for learning speed instead of INT, perhaps?

StealthyKraken

Post by StealthyKraken » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Mildy related, let me bump this fairly recent suggestion of mine in here, from viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13197#p109583:
StealthyKraken wrote:Maybe give the PC races that get access to -track the ability to interact with PC tracks left at transitions, as well.
Its not like fey, wild elves, wood elves, wild dwarves or forest gnomes were high tier and a neat little boon like that would certainly help them.

Or just wild elves. Since.. y'know-.. I-it's not like I'm playing a wild elf or anything!
gilescorey wrote:I'm very gay

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:19 am

I feel like you'd be taking away one of the only reasons to ever play a Ranger (except for dual-wield free feats) and giving it out to a lot of others. If anything, the Ranger class needs to remain unique or you'll quickly see the number dwindle even more.

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:49 am

Still of the opinion that druids should be able to read the tracks at transitions.