Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Maragaram

Re: Spawn's And Such {Collective Player Suggestions}

Post by Maragaram » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:00 pm

Ferret Roll wrote:
Daedin wrote:
Maragaram wrote:
PCs don't leave blood puddles when they die anymore, sadly. :(
(Btw, if they no longer leave puddles, then we can no longer use -investigate to know the causes of death?)
PC's still leave blood puddles, as they always have. The catch is that a blood puddle appears when you hit negative hit-points. If you get hit so hard that you die without ever hitting the negative countdown for bleeding out, you won't leave a puddle.
Hunter548 wrote:Yes they do. The PC in question simply has to enter the -1 - -10 bleeding zone. If you kill them outright without them entering this, then they don't (and never have) leave one.
Are you two sure about this? Lately, whenever one of my characters has entered bleedout, they leave behind a black scorch mark on the ground instead of a blood puddle. And I'm pretty sure I've seen other characters leaving behind scorch marks when they die, too. And even the bodies of the miners in the Iron Mines have scorch marks instead of blood puddles now. Unless the scorch marks are supposed to be blood puddles? They don't look anything like blood though.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:34 am

I see blood puddles left regularly, and the miners have blood puddles for me too o_o;
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Ferret Roll

Post by Ferret Roll » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:45 am

Adalbrandt killed a werewolf PC just last night, and the werewolf left a bloodstain when it hit negative hp.

If you're using some kind of texture pack change, then it may have made the bloodstain in your files get changed with scorch-marks, maybe? Which would explain why you're not seeing them. Or maybe it is a bloodstain and something went weird with the color settings for the game.

Barradoor
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Barradoor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:57 pm

A large amount of the humanoid creatures on the server become harder to hit upon failing and being held by hold monster/person. These include
Barbarians in the brog mountains
the zhetawhatever their name is in the manor
most giants
yetis
hobgoblins
lizardmen.

It's like they're activating improved expertise.
Mithreas wrote:get good
eters wrote:I will try to resonate with you in a way you can understand
Peppermint wrote:if Barradoor is the voice of reason you know things have taken a horrible turn
Barradoor wrote:
!!HIGH LEVEL MECHANICS BELOW!!

Maragaram

Post by Maragaram » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:20 pm

I don't think there IS a file that's responsible, because I don't use any texture packs. The only overrides I even have for NWN are the regular portrait and voiceset packs. That's it. This change happened sometime within the last few months for me, and I definitely haven't downloaded anything new either.... Which makes this all the more worrying. :/

Jack Oat

Post by Jack Oat » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:13 am

Grave Worms

UD - Bone Fields & nearby areas

Reason: They're a bit too much for the area. 8-10 AB with a DC 16 CON/Disease-on-hit EVERY time that does 3 CON damage/hit, and stacks. Additionally, 5/- DR is a bit much, especially for less XP than regular Fallen critters give.

EDIT: And regeneration. Let's not forget that.
Last edited by Jack Oat on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Garrbear wrote:

quite bluntly we can't balance the server around people who don't play well

Irongron wrote:

My main takeaway from this is that Jack is apparently personable

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:24 am

IndifferentPerson wrote:SCORCH MARKS, I have that problem. Which file is it?!
Check the violence setting. If it's all the way down blood puddles appear as scorch marks, and pikes with heads on them become plain headless pikes(there's probably a few other things I haven't noticed).

Yellena

Post by Yellena » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:40 am

I am sometimes seeing sorch marks, and my violence is at maximum... :P
Yeah I played Mortal Kombat

NauNatha

Post by NauNatha » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:23 pm

Tune down the Cloakers Irongron! They went from awesome to never going to be worth it under any circumstances. Ever.
Remove their concealment. OR get rid of their spell breaches. Pretty please?
"You're only as good as your teachers."

Cloak and Lager

Post by Cloak and Lager » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:05 pm

NauNatha wrote:Tune down the Cloakers Irongron! They went from awesome to never going to be worth it under any circumstances. Ever.
Remove their concealment. OR get rid of their spell breaches. Pretty please?
It isn't so much a question of concealment or spell breach as much as their new extremely high AB. Either their AB needs to be reduced, or the xp gain from killing them needs to be increased. With the recent update Burning Shores and the Cloaker Spiral became insanely difficult without any noticeable change in gold and xp; making these dungeons effectively not worth the effort in my experience.
Past characters:
FL: Ghalron (Inactive), Cahendirys Jalvinian (Dead)
Regulith: Ghoorbuz Kharatai (Inactive), Judith Feathermayne (Inactive)

NauNatha

Post by NauNatha » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:47 pm

A nuclear response to a few powerbuilds circle-grinding it.

Razmo_de

Post by Razmo_de » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:59 am

Cloak and Lager wrote: With the recent update Burning Shores and the Cloaker Spiral became insanely difficult without any noticeable change in gold and xp; making these dungeons effectively not worth the effort in my experience.
I agree that one or two easy epic areas would be nice.
Most epic areas do have that 'the server needs even more insanely difficult dungeons'-feel.
NauNatha wrote:A nuclear response to a few powerbuilds circle-grinding it.
Designing areas based on grinders or powerbuilds is a bad idea. You gonna need some 'easy' dungeons and of course people will do them more than the 'hard' ones. Thats what the new spawn system is for, to balance the population of these areas. Its not always necessary to 'make things hard' instead.

Other than that, I'm going to say:

Slithering tracker - (medium), everywhere.
stealth, sneak attack, immune to crits&KD, mestils, damage immunity, ...

Not enough xp for these. Placement is about alright, but they need to give more xp.

They would be good enemies for high-end dungeons, yet they are in mid-lvl dungeons and yield low xps. They have been consistently the most serious threat to my lvl 30 character lately.

Streets of Dis-

I would suggest getting rid of hostiles there altogether.
I don't know if the fogs are still the only hostile NPC there. Every time I been there it was just a boring pain to travel an area that has potential to give a party something to RP about.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:59 pm

Razmo_de wrote:Streets of Dis-

I would suggest getting rid of hostiles there altogether.
I don't know if the fogs are still the only hostile NPC there. Every time I been there it was just a boring pain to travel an area that has potential to give a party something to RP about.
Yes... give us violent muggers, street gangs, and hoofball hooligans shouting "Who Dis!"
Layla Rashmi: Fighting off alien monsters and sleeping with Amazon Moon Maidens... FOR SCIENCE!

lordsterling

Post by lordsterling » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:26 am

I for one just want to say thanks to the dev team for all the fun challenges out there. I know the areas/bosses change from time to time and (as this thread proves) you can't please everyone. So yeah.. as for those who complain about things being cheesy.. I politely object. Different spawns take different tactics and teamwork/party composition. Why should adventurers get to have an easy win every time? Sort it out.

NauNatha

Post by NauNatha » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Ynma Imyn, the Drider Boss on the Peninsula, is an utter joke of a fight, defeatable by almost any solo level 5 or 6 character. The fights outside of the cavern to get to him are harder than he is, yet he gives XP on par with much higher level bosses, and his head of a leader is worth the same as much higher level bosses.

Suggestions: Increase his AC, give him some DR, have him cast enchantment spells and give him focus in that department. HP boost.

Stath

Post by Stath » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:02 pm

Crocodiles (Alligators) in the Cordor Sewers. Crikey.
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

Norfildor

Post by Norfildor » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:11 am

Give some spawns the OnHit: lvl 40 banishment property.

Also, finally take away the Erinyes arrows of PWN!

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:15 pm

There's good news and bad news about the Slithering Trackers.

- Good news, I've bumped the CR on the medium ones quite a bit.
- Bad news, I noticed the large ones lacked acid sheath... Carefull out there. ;-)

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:06 am

Sorry for thread necromancy, I didn't want to make a new thread about it as this one was already exisitng.

- Spitting Fire Bettle Bug (Hapries Lair)
I think their DR is off the charts for the character level range they spawn at.
DR 20 (checked on +2 piercing/slashing), combining with their 40-60 fire damage spit
makes the monster just a painful and tedious fight relying on crits.

- (don't remeber name) The bulette-looking monster spawning in Crystal Caverns
Again DR, it's too high.. make it 5 - 10 but not 20. The rest is fine

- Blue Yeek
Give at least some way to hurt those buggers by mundane chars, not everyone has access to UMD

Syrima

Post by Syrima » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:31 pm

miesny_jez wrote:- Blue Yeek
Give at least some way to hurt those buggers by mundane chars, not everyone has access to UMD
I think the point of those is just to be an annoyance really that follows you aroud. If you ignore them they literally do nothing.

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:17 am

I know that they are absolutely nonthreatening.. but if we conisder that this is a RP server and we are supposed to behave our characters as real selfs (or at least close to it)

I would be DAMN annoyed if there would some elf-like thing beating on me and I would definitely not ignore it

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:38 am

miesny_jez wrote: - Blue Yeek
I believe some things are meant to be not touchable by mundanes... as there may be aswell things not touchables by magics.

These yeeks are seeming to me like flies eating crap... while the flies are not messing you because bussy with the crap, one doesn't bother them so they became to mess with one :lol:

I like the variety, and that each class needed the support of other classes in colaboration to achieve diferent things.

As the lone wolf I am, I like the fact I can't open everything, get everything, get everywhere, because I may need a rogue, a ranger and a mage with me... Makes the world of Arelith more mysterious, wide and emotionant.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you