Language system - thoughts?

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Cybernet21

Re: Language system - thoughts?

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Miaou wrote:
Mithreas wrote:Language learning is deliberately difficult and time consuming, or else everyone would know multiple languages and the whole point of having languages at all would be lessened.
Hopefully you can learn it in a RL year, even with people helping and using ambassadors and such.
IRL you can learn a language(not fluently but able to understand it and be understood) in 6 months(sometimes less depending on the person) i know it from personal experience(at max 9 months if totally alone or the language is really hard).
If you mean one RL year to learn a IG language it's a bit much, that would be around 10-12 years IG,no one takes 10 years to learn a language...(if they are realy commited to it)
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde