Non spontaneous caster thought

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Urch

Non spontaneous caster thought

Post by Urch » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:24 am

I decided to put this thread here instead of the suggestions forum since I am none too familiar with the limitations of NWN scripting and stuff and therefore am unsure if any of the below is possible.

Is it possible to make it so that those classes that aren't spontaneous (i.e. Wizards, clerics, druids, paladins, rangers), have their spells refreshed after a certain time has passed?

I don't mean like the infinite casting of weave master sorcerers or favoured souls, I mean after an hour has passed, said spell slots, no matter what they contain, are refreshed as if rested.

Another question, is it possible to modify the rest mechanic of nwn so that it does not remove spell buffs/debuffs, restore health, or provoke a dc check vs disease?
I was thinking that, if you could modify such, then there might be a way of setting it so you can refresh spells this way but not actually rest. E.g. Bobson the wizard can study his spell book, but after he does so he cannot for another 2 hours or so, or something.

Either that, or an item (I'm thinking of a spellbook) that forces a character to rest, but such state adds nothing to tiredness (either that or takes it away at the end of the resting period), and applies all damage, buffs and debuffs to the rested person afterwards. Such item is automatically given to all wizards/clerics/druids and paladins/rangers when they get their spells.
For only $1 a day you can sponsor someone with chronic altitis.

Another day, another Doug.

ArcanaFTW

Re: Non spontaneous caster thought

Post by ArcanaFTW » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:42 pm

I /think/, that there may be a way to refresh the entirety of your spellbook much like rest, but without any rest consumption. So, having a once-per-day spellbook or a one off item with this seems pretty helpful, if possible.