How about that Dragon age..

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Tyrantos

How about that Dragon age..

Post by Tyrantos » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:56 am

As you all know, Inquisition comes out soon
(So soon after the release of Warlords of Draenor too..)

So! I was wondering what your first playthrough was gonna be, as well as what you have played the other games through as.

I am going to go with my full on mage playthrough (Mage in both the first game, and second. Blood magus ftw.) And this time I am thinking of going a Qunari mage, just cause you can be one.

Stath

Re: How about that Dragon age..

Post by Stath » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:05 am

I loved Origins to death, but hated the second one, kill me. Guess I'll give it a go as a human fighter. So original, such depth, much generic.
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:28 am

I love the original DA and the additional bits that came out. I played through as all classes and races at least once, save for the wild elf - haven't tried that one ... yet. Awesome game.
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:03 am

Pre-ordered. Took a week off work. Pre-loaded and installed. Alarm set for 9 pm Monday. Don't expect to see me for a while.
Last edited by Baron Saturday on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

The Pretty Prince of Parties

Post by The Pretty Prince of Parties » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:25 pm

I pre-ordered and pre-loaded! Unfortunately, I'm stuck at college from 9 AM to 9 PM on Tuesday.

Ach waily waily waily.

aaa3

Post by aaa3 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:33 pm

I enjoyed the second one too, though it was a bit straight ahead the story linie was strong and emotional.

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Loved the first one. I've played it many times. I was very disappointed with many things in the second one, though it is hardly a bad game. THe ending of the second game didn't do much for me at all.

I am now playing Inquisition. I really like the improvements they made over the second Dragon Age. There is a helluva lot to do, some of which is unusual. I'm a little disappointed in my quinari. Seems like they kinda humanized the race a little too much for me (first impressions). It isn't as good as the first only because Dragon Age Origins was one of the few modern RPGS to really wow me.

aaa3

Post by aaa3 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:46 pm

How heavily previous games influence the third? I have in plan to re-play all before i get to the third one.

Post by The Pretty Prince of Parties » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:52 pm

I wouldn't bother too much unless you're sitting on an absolutely monstrous computer - it looks beautiful with the graphical settings turned up, but absolute garbage if you don't have them cranked up high. My computer is pretty dang decent (it was top of the line just a year or so ago) and it can hardly handle medium graphics - which look terrible.

Combined with a slew of less-than-impressive dialogue right at the start of the game, I just decided to hold off until I upgraded my computer again.

aaa3

Post by aaa3 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:05 pm

Lol the first game i was running on the lowest graphic details, on a pc with 1.8 gigahertz and 896 giga ram, with very weak graphic card. I feel this will repeat now, but still i enjoyed the game. I do not care for graphic after all, why would i otherwise play rpg? But everyone has hias own taste, the need for super pc is/was what i am/was worried for when it came out.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:15 pm

A hint for those playing on "low-end" computers: If at all possible, turn Mesh to high. That'll get rid of the shiny hair and beards.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Post by The Pretty Prince of Parties » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:29 pm

That gets rid of it? I'll have to try that. I could suffer through the rest of it, if it didn't look like someone had dumped a gallon of grease onto my characters - does the voice acting get any better? That first sequence was pretty... over the top.

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:14 am

Like the previous game Inquisition is pretty much a standalone game, though those who have never play a Dragon Age game are likely to be overwhelmed by the amount of lore. If you have played the previous games before you do not need to play them again, I don't think it's like Mass Effect where choices you made in the previous games affected what happened in a later game'.playthrough.

Do if you are familiar with the lore of Dragon Age, particularly the timeline of the previous games, you should not have a problem with Inquisition.

THe voice acting is what it is :). No i don't think it gets better, or worse for that matter. My issues with INquisition lie deeper than that personally.

aaa3

Post by aaa3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:54 am

They promised your choices to affect the world...a lot.