Back and catching up! Any questions?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Ramza

Re: Back and catching up! Any questions?

Post by Ramza » Tue May 30, 2017 4:23 pm

More importantly we are lacking greatly in blood for the blood god and skulls for his throne. How about we drive some good old madness back into the system by finally having the mind flayers come back up and drive some good old mind shattering shenanigans. Pretty please? :P

JediZero

Post by JediZero » Tue May 30, 2017 10:35 pm

Are there any plans to have Myon's mythal fall and the haughty elves forced to live down with the rest of us?

Rabbid
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Rabbid » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:41 am

JediZero wrote:Are there any plans to have Myon's mythal fall and the haughty elves forced to live down with the rest of us?
One can only hope.
Kalgoon wrote:Drow PC waltzed into Cordor and proceeded to murder like disco was going out of style
Kuma wrote:It's 1372 after Bane's resurrection but before the Silence of Lolth
Which means that Elminster has been trapped in hell for 130 years
+1

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:19 am

JediZero wrote:Are there any plans to have Myon's mythal fall and the haughty elves forced to live down with the rest of us?
Rabbid wrote:
One can only hope.
:roll:

I saw a suggestion to add rewards to the rest menu, and I really liked that. Is there any plan to actually do something like that for the simpler rewards. It would be really nice to be able to learn to ride a horse on a pre-existing character. Also, are there any plans to make riding something we can get without needing to permanently end an epic character? Maybe for a million (or whatever amount is a huge amount these days) gold?

Might be a little obsessed with the horses. Especially when halflings are involved.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Rabbid
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Rabbid » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:29 am

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:
Rabbid wrote:
One can only hope.
:roll:

I saw a suggestion to add rewards to the rest menu, and I really liked that. Is there any plan to actually do something like that for the simpler rewards. It would be really nice to be able to learn to ride a horse on a pre-existing character. Also, are there any plans to make riding something we can get without needing to permanently end an epic character? Maybe for a million (or whatever amount is a huge amount these days) gold?

Might be a little obsessed with the horses. Especially when halflings are involved.
Don't quote me officially on this but I've *heard* along the grapevine that the horses included with the two upcoming Castles won't require a reward...

I'm not 100% sure if this is the case though so again, don't hold your breath over what I said. :^)
Kalgoon wrote:Drow PC waltzed into Cordor and proceeded to murder like disco was going out of style
Kuma wrote:It's 1372 after Bane's resurrection but before the Silence of Lolth
Which means that Elminster has been trapped in hell for 130 years
+1

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:48 am

Read the description of the horses that are already visible within Darrowdeep.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:53 am

Yeah but those castles have been sitting there unfinished for like 2 RL years. Are they going to be finished and usable any time soon?

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:37 pm

CragOrion wrote:Yeah but those castles have been sitting there unfinished for like 2 RL years. Are they going to be finished and usable any time soon?
I could probably write a book about the unexpected twists and turns of Arelith development, but here is some background on that if you're interested.

2 years ago I had finished Andundor and was working on other projects. The plan was that I would make an area called 'The Path of the Giants, after which Action Replay and myself would work on the surface land brokerage. Castle Gloom was, and is, largely complete, but I was making only sporadic progress on a Titan dungeon. I wanted to address Minmir, and look at the functionality of horses, as well as finally add in a Lowedark region, which I always intended to do shortly after making Andunor.

Then I took over running Arelith, and rather than work on my own few projects was suddenly responsible for the entire server, and as such had a free hand to develop things I was not previously in a position to consider. Rightly, I believe, a number of other projects took precedence over previous projects. With big things like Cordor, the economy, a new website, and other outstanding issues I had with server ranking morely highly than the work I was doing on the Path of the Giants, and thus the castles and land brokerage we had planned to move on to afterwards, were placed to one side as we focused on what I believed to be more important to the server.

In recent months I was finally able to return to those projects, first completing the Lowerdark, and in the coming week, hopefully Minmir. This leaves the Land Brokerage as the next project to return to. As discussed elsewhere on the forums I am still considering the addition to Haks on the server, which would definitely effect, in particular, how I approach Darrowdeep.

In the world of Arelith developement there always seems to be the next thing to urgently address, though I hope that once Minmir is complete there will be nothing standing in the way of completing these projects.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:08 pm

Cool!

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

greatfanfare

Post by greatfanfare » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:41 pm

For the love of InserNameHere, it's long due that the epic chests/altars are unbashable.

It's VERY, VERY, VERY annoying to lead a party to one such places only to find at the end that some Snuggly_bear who didn't bother to either get the skills to disable trap and open lock, or invite someone with the skills for the ride, has gone inside and destroyed the chest/altar, ruining the trip for everyone else.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Nothing entertains me more than seeing someone lose their shit over a bashed artefact chest. I just can't fathom why people get so worked over it. It's as if a genocide took place. TBH they should just go entirely

EDIT: Also this thread definitely went from questions about active/previously discussed projects, to stealth suggestions, to outright blatant suggestions.
Reminds me of Scholar Midnights Quality of Life thread.

Ramza

Post by Ramza » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Yes, yes. That is the point we're trying to put across now that we've received such a thread advocating us to voice our ideas.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 pm

I don't honestly mind if suggestions are posted here, as I'll read them in any case.

That being said it is worth considering that there are many developers working for Arelith also, and they may not read what is written here, whereas I know everything on the suggestion thread is viewed by all members of the team.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:37 am

What is the Dev Teams intention with races? What is the decision-making process behind their addition? What motivated the quick pace of their addition? What is the long-term plan with races? Why have no good races been added?
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:40 am

I have made a long listed suggestion to the Devs regarding races, still waiting for a response from Irongorn if he wants a personal list as well.