New Death Penalty

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: New Death Penalty

Post by Durvayas » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:42 am

Can we get this thread back on track and stop jumping on eachother for specific in game occurances? Up until this point, the thread has been a fairly productive discussion.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

METAL BAWKSES

Post by METAL BAWKSES » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:44 am

Truly the forums are a godless wasteland.
Active: Actually playing something again!
Hiatus:
Another wild mage
Inactive: Colette Fletcher
Colette Melchiott
Dhaun'stra
Sile
Fiore Vasari

Phaesporia

Post by Phaesporia » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:45 am

SilverCrow wrote:i like this thread. however i feel wrong for agreeing w/ barradoor on a public forum.

:cjnoose:
Same fam
+1
Aodh Lazuli wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:58 am
This is absolutely astonishing, in that my personal suggestion would be the total removal of the mechanical slavery system.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:52 am

locking in a threaded post
:)

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:55 am

hmm

Lady of Memes

Post by Lady of Memes » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:57 am

SilverCrow wrote:i like this thread. however i feel wrong for agreeing w/ barradoor on a public forum.

Same :( :(
Last edited by Lady of Memes on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

"In the words of someone wise, it's sad to make passive aggressive complaints on kudos forums."

Borgian Oligarchy

Post by Borgian Oligarchy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:58 am

Oops, edited. I mixed you up with Cas's player. You gave me gear.
Last edited by Borgian Oligarchy on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:59 am

METAL BAWKSES wrote:Truly the forums are a godless wasteland.
This is a problem that ought be rectified. I would like to add Lorkas to the deity book, please.
His power level would be an Intermediate Deity, as his domain (the forum) isn't quite large enough for the status of Greater.
His symbol is, obviously, his avatar, that weird abstract mess of black lines on a white background.
As for alignment, he is Lawful Neutral - a detached arbiter of The Rules, for no cause other than the status quo of civility.
Portfolio? Only one, and that is Peace between Tribes(similar to Bargrivyek, the Goblin god of territory and cooperation)
His worshippers are all forumgoers except Barradoor, ranging in all manner of aligment.
Domains are Law, Fate and Suffering (similar to Jergal in that respect)

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:01 am

Borgian Oligarchy wrote:
If you kill over an insult or pettiness you've failed to treat death as what it is but instead chosen to use it as a mild punishment especially if you want to raise to RP further. It's basically been used as a OOC slap to the other players face. "I'm bigger and stronger." and not what it is, which is ending another's life. You don't kill a 16 year old for mouthing off at you and not showing the respect you've earned.
Hmmm I remember when your character killed my character for mouthing off. :cjpepe:
:cjthonk:
Active Chars:
Lily-Rose - Daughter of the Storm
In'iira Arab'afin - Woman of Many Talents

Quoth

Post by Quoth » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:01 am

Borgian Oligarchy wrote:
If you kill over an insult or pettiness you've failed to treat death as what it is but instead chosen to use it as a mild punishment especially if you want to raise to RP further. It's basically been used as a OOC slap to the other players face. "I'm bigger and stronger." and not what it is, which is ending another's life. You don't kill a 16 year old for mouthing off at you and not showing the respect you've earned.
Hmmm I remember when your character killed my character for mouthing off. :cjpepe:
What character... only time I've killed anyone is when threatened with death and maiming or been attacked first.
Last edited by Quoth on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barradoor
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Barradoor » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:02 am

gilescorey wrote:
METAL BAWKSES wrote:Truly the forums are a godless wasteland.
This is a problem that ought be rectified. I would like to add Lorkas to the deity book, please.
His power level would be an Intermediate Deity, as his domain (the forum) isn't quite large enough for the status of Greater.
His symbol is, obviously, his avatar, that weird abstract mess of black lines on a white background.
As for alignment, he is Lawful Neutral - a detached arbiter of The Rules, for no cause other than the status quo of civility.
Portfolio? Only one, and that is Peace between Tribes(similar to Bargrivyek, the Goblin god of territory and cooperation)
His worshippers are all forumgoers except Barradoor, ranging in all manner of aligment.
Domains are Law, Fate and Suffering (similar to Jergal in that respect)
Quoth wrote: What character... only time I've killed anyone is when threatened with death and maiming or been attacked first.
I can't believe you stayed logged in long enough to participate in anything.
Last edited by Barradoor on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mithreas wrote:get good
eters wrote:I will try to resonate with you in a way you can understand
Peppermint wrote:if Barradoor is the voice of reason you know things have taken a horrible turn
Barradoor wrote:
!!HIGH LEVEL MECHANICS BELOW!!

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:03 am

Someone needs to lend me a d20, 'cause I need to do a will roll...
Active Chars:
Lily-Rose - Daughter of the Storm
In'iira Arab'afin - Woman of Many Talents

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:13 am

Same

SilverCrow

Post by SilverCrow » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:14 am

Tfw the memes in this thread are better than the ones in the meme thread

ChaoticCuriosity

Post by ChaoticCuriosity » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:15 am

I'm just going to slip in, leave my +1 here and mosey on back out again.
#MakeTeaGreatAgain
#GonnesAndRoses

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:17 am

I think that we have said pretty much everything that needed to be side. We have plenty of opinions and valid observations in the last... seven and a half page, and I believe we covered everything that could be covered in the forum.

My concerns still stand, but there's no point in stomping feet and repeating myself hoarse, and anybody can review and reread it at their leasure, so, lock time?
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

SilverCrow

Post by SilverCrow » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:18 am

no pls dont i like my memes iceborn

TheGrimLily

Post by TheGrimLily » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:19 am

ChaoticCuriosity wrote:
I'm just going to slip in, leave my +1 here and mosey on back out again.
+10

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:27 am

It is time Crow.
You have to learn to say goodbye, for it you truly love them, you'll let them go.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:28 am

Quoth

Post by Quoth » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:31 am

Okay barradoor if we're going to go personal and bring stuff like that up. yeah i did that i admitted to it and told the DM team instantly what I had done after I logged.

Now let's explore why I did that and we'll discover why I didn't get punished for it.

That happened because literally five minutes prior i discovered that faction Xal'rae had just made an Alt of my character to sacrifice and were RPing it was me earlier in the day. Despite the fact the faction(including allies in that) broke PvP rules in their attempt to kill to capture me. (popped from invis no rp and attacked) Which in all my of my 6 years of Arelith is the single lamest thing I have ever heard of nevermind suffered from. Everyone I spoken to who has lived and played during the time of Udos and suffered at the hands of lame legendary drow players of old have -never- seen or heard of something so disgusting for other players to do. So yeah i flipped and i logged out on you all, but let's digress.

This isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black this is the pot calling a white dress black, but i'm done and the thread has been ruined by your behavior and is due need of locking like iceborn said.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:40 am

pay homage

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:41 am

Quoth wrote:Okay barradoor if we're going to go personal and bring stuff like that up. yeah i did that i admitted to it and told the DM team instantly what I had done after I logged.

Now let's explore why I did that and we'll discover why I didn't get punished for it.

That happened because literally five minutes prior i discovered that faction Xal'rae had just made an Alt of my character to sacrifice and were RPing it was me earlier in the day. Despite the fact the faction(including allies in that) broke PvP rules in their attempt to kill to capture me. (popped from invis no rp and attacked) Which in all my of my 6 years of Arelith is the single lamest thing I have ever heard of nevermind suffered from. Everyone I spoken to who has lived and played during the time of Udos and suffered at the hands of lame legendary drow players of old have -never- seen or heard of something so disgusting for other players to do. So yeah i flipped and i logged out on you all, but let's digress.

This isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black this is the pot calling a white dress black, but i'm done and the thread has been ruined by your behavior and is due need of locking like iceborn said.
hehe xd

Lady of Memes

Post by Lady of Memes » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:42 am

Quoth wrote:
The best thing to do, is to not reply to posts.

"In the words of someone wise, it's sad to make passive aggressive complaints on kudos forums."

SilverCrow

Post by SilverCrow » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:42 am

i doubt xalrae members put that much effort into making an alt to sacrifice. that sounds silly! you sound like a silly goober!