OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Impressions of Portugal

Post by Dalek Caan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:12 pm

Hello fellow players!

As some of you may have noticed I basically vanished from the game. This is due to the fact that I started a new job in Portugal, I take care of audio- and lighting tasks in a hotel.

In my first few days, I had the chance to take a few pics, since my contract really binds me from tomorrow. In this Facebook-Album (don't worry, you don't even need an account to see the images ;-) ) you can see what it looks like where I am at this time.

Enjoy!

Daedin

Re: Impressions of Portugal

Post by Daedin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Portuguese guy here! (Though now living in Quebec, Canada).

I hope you are enjoying and will continue to enjoy your time in Portugal. Also, you are in an awesome region, specialy if you love the beach.

SteelsSweets
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SteelsSweets » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Those are beautiful!

Miss ya IG though. :(
Discord: SteelsSweets#4815

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dalek Caan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:43 pm

SteelsSweets wrote:Those are beautiful!

Miss ya IG though. :(
That is very likely to persist, unfortunately.

And @Daedin, I'm in the Algarve area, like... 40 kilometres from Faro. I love the sea and this place is extremely beautiful. It's a nature protection area too, which makes it... really authentic. Absolutely gorgeous, the pictures don't do it full justice, really.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:19 am

I keep only good memories from my visits to Lisboa and Oporto... Portugal is beauty, enjoy!
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

DM Iron

Post by DM Iron » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Lisboa is gorgeous! Out of all the cities I have traveled to, that is my favorite. Culture, people, climate, all get 10s in my book.
DM Prose wrote: "DMs have nothing to lose and their power is infinite. If we allow DMs to arbitrarily assign whatever value they wish to their own machinations, we risk making players' investments worthless."

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dalek Caan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:24 pm

DM Iron wrote:Lisboa is gorgeous! Out of all the cities I have traveled to, that is my favorite. Culture, people, climate, all get 10s in my book.
It is now on my List of Things to Visit. :-)

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:05 pm

You should!

Also, what have you been thinking of the food? (A question that goes for everyone else that's been there).

And..you guys are all making me home sick now.

DM Iron

Post by DM Iron » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:45 pm

Daedin wrote:You should!

Also, what have you been thinking of the food? (A question that goes for everyone else that's been there). And..you guys are all making me home sick now.
10's! I especially liked the sidewalk cafes that had long rows of tables. We would all sit next to strangers and everyone would talk to you. I had a little girl with her family ask me what time it is, so she could practice her English. The social aspect of a meal was something I miss here in the states. And the food was great! Especially the olives! I once mentioned to the waiter that his olives were great, he went out in the back of the restaurant and picked olives off a TREE and sprinkled them with oil and gave them to me!! The fish stew.. not sure what is was called, was great! I must have gained 20 pounds over there. Oh! and the coffee!! woot, another adventure in food!

In Tokyo, no one talks to you - in restaurants, in trains, on the street. In Seoul it is the same way. In Shannon, I was approached only to have the kids try and rob me. mmm where else? Well in the 13,493,423,432 cities in the US, the only ones that are friendly are the southern cities, but just not the same as Portugal. Very open and no hidden agenda. Now if you want to go somewhere that is full of hate, go to Philadelphia... sorry folks that are from Philly, that city was just mean.

Iron.
DM Prose wrote: "DMs have nothing to lose and their power is infinite. If we allow DMs to arbitrarily assign whatever value they wish to their own machinations, we risk making players' investments worthless."

Someonehere123

Post by Someonehere123 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:49 pm

DM Iron wrote:Now if you want to go somewhere that is full of hate, go to Philadelphia... sorry folks that are from Philly, that city was just mean.
Can confirm. Am full of hate.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:46 pm

My trip to the Algarve was in a big hotel complex for a weekend, as part of a group trip, so I didn't really get to try the local food :)

Beautiful place and amazing weather though.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:47 pm

DM Iron wrote: In Tokyo, no one talks to you - in restaurants, in trains, on the street. In Seoul it is the same way. In Shannon, I was approached only to have the kids try and rob me. mmm where else? Well in the 13,493,423,432 cities in the US, the only ones that are friendly are the southern cities, but just not the same as Portugal. Very open and no hidden agenda. Now if you want to go somewhere that is full of hate, go to Philadelphia... sorry folks that are from Philly, that city was just mean.

Iron.
In Singapore, I am finding everyone very friendly, to the point of stopping in the street to ask you if you need help if you're looking lost. Very easy place to be a visitor.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.