A Little Lost: The Returning Player Story

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Marauder

A Little Lost: The Returning Player Story

Post by Marauder » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:11 am

Hi folks!

So, I used to play on Arelith quite a bit and was pretty involved in the community (under a different name and character), and it's been YEARS since I've popped in. But man, things sure are different! I have a few general questions, if you guys will indulge me.

First...is the Rosewind not a thing anymore? I loved that place.

Second, and I'm not sure this is kosher to ask, but...where's Cordor's RP hub, nowadays? Is it still the Nomad, or is there a new place where people hang out? Just looking to build some connections!

Third, is Arelith still split up into 3 separate servers? I've admittedly tried peeking around for some old friends to poke and I don't recognize aaanyone on the Cordor server. So they may be on the Surface one!...If that's still a thing.

And lastly, the map and setpieces have obviously undergone a massive overhaul. Is the general layout of the "world map" the same, or have things changed drastically? I.E. Bendir is north of Cordor, Arelith Forest is the zone north of Bendir, etc etc.

Thanks all! Glad to see this community is still going strong. :D
DM GrumpyCat wrote:Drow sunbathing

Lorkas

Re: A Little Lost: The Returning Player Story

Post by Lorkas » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:20 am

Rosewind has taken its wagons elsewhere.

People still hang out just outside the Nomad, but people have been complaining lately that Cordor hasn't been very active. You'll have to poke around in game.

There are two servers now: Cities and Planes (old Cordor server plus old UD server) and Surface.

The overall layout of the settlements and dungeons on the isle is mostly unchanged.

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:26 am

What Lorkas said. Also, welcome back!
Active Chars:
Lily-Rose - Daughter of the Storm
In'iira Arab'afin - Woman of Many Talents

HindianaJones

Post by HindianaJones » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:35 am

Nah, it's just that the Nomad isn't popular anymore. Fool's Clover is where it's at baby.

Marauder

Post by Marauder » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 am

Appreciate all the replies! I look forward to immersing myself into the community once again. :)

This is not for you.

Post by This is not for you. » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:05 pm

HindianaJones wrote:Nah, it's just that the Nomad isn't popular anymore. Fool's Clover is where it's at baby.
This guy knows what's up.

Welcome back to the community!
Sydney Harrow (Disguised) wrote: You can chop with almost anything, with the right attitude.
Varania Sylanna wrote: Tell: Why is my alignment constantly tested by idiots.

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:13 am

People are quite often actually inside the nomad now rather than outside. I know, its only taken several RL years for it to happen!!

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:28 am

no, there's definitely still droves of people loitering outside the nomad even in the rain.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:33 am

It should be noted that while the overall layout is the same as "Back in the day", a lot of the maps have been made bigger, and additional maps have been included.
For example, while it's still roughly the same path from Bendir to Guldorand, it's actually a lot further to go now.
As a counterbalence, there are slightly more boat routes available, for those not bothering to walk.

Equally, there are [Censored] ways to visit and travel to other planes, created as a result of a event a while back. Hence why Cordor is the 'Cities and Planes' server. So that's fun too!

Otherwise, I suggest heavily consulting Iceborn's Wiki, because there have been a lot of changes. [New paths, new crafting changes, new posions, new death mechanics, a new death plane, changes to the old 5% roll, new races, etc.]

Marauder

Post by Marauder » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Rwby wrote: Otherwise, I suggest heavily consulting Iceborn's Wiki, because there have been a lot of changes. [New paths, new crafting changes, new posions, new death mechanics, a new death plane, changes to the old 5% roll, new races, etc.]
Thanks for the information! I'll definitely have to check that out. I've been telling my wife about my Arelith glory-days and how much fun it was, and she just had to try it out. I'm really enjoying our time back so far, even if Breath of the Wild has been consuming me.

One quick question; Has there been a change to how the Caravan system works? I've spent about an hour and a half next to the caravan guy in Bendir only for him to leave me behind constantly. The nerve of that guy.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:44 pm

It shouldn't have? Buy ticket, hang around next to him, wait for correct tick. Report to Admins as bug and see.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:20 pm

^ That.
Though, it's not my wiki, yo!
I just. Kinda write. A lot of it.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!