A question

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

chocochips

Re: A question

Post by chocochips » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:08 pm

It's okay dude. If you can make them faster than they can sell what they bought off you then they would think twice about buying and selling. XD

There will always be a price war in Arelith. Heck even in real life. What I think you are bothered about is the upkeep of the supply. It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tiring to always gather materials to craft into products that sells for a low price. Macy will always be more than happy to hire people to gather them for her. Heck she even hired crafters. At some point she didn't care if she was getting a profit as long as she gets the money back. But the hired help will always only last for a few days, because, well, toons starts to be able to support themselves with the money you paid them with and used that to start their own way of earning... more. The thing is, Arelith is missing that one very important aspect of real life, THE SUPPLIERS. As self reliant store owners we are stuck with the exhausting role of supplying ourselves, manufacturing the product ourselves, and distributing the product to the store(s) where the consumers can purchase them. ALL ON OUR OWN. Everyone who tries to help will, eventually, TIRE OUT.

Yes, people, this is a rant now. You know how much I dread being punished for circling the crab cave and the Harpy's valley in Brog when I was level 13... 16? Yeah. People actually called me crazy for leveling up so darn fast. It was, unfortunately, part of the job. I even posted in the bug forum about how I was somehow able to bug a salt vein into making it spawn 8 times at once because I was desperate for a lot of salt. When the plant limitation came into effect, I was literally DEPRESSED because I wholeheartedly believed it was MY FAULT it happened because, hell! I needed a whole bunch of those fruits, nuts and berries to be able to supply ya'll so I made a whole bunch of them and placed them in as small area as I can. When the King's Crown plant in the Harpy's Valley disappeared, I felt so pissed and horrible at the same time, because, again, I felt I was responsible for the DM's decision to make changes on the plants of Arelith. Macy will always comment on how horrible she feels about always farming up the crabs for their meat and afraid they might go extinct! All to supply ya'll with cheap healing kits!

And so people, going back to Diilicious' concern, those cheap supplies are for the lowbies, not for ya'll's greedy goals, alright? Please, at least spare the freaking cheap kits, would ya? What do you mean it's not about the freaking healing kits?

BTW, I'm not mad or bothered at all about the buy and sell issue. I'm just trying to somehow shed light as to WHY IT COULD BE AN ISSUE IN THE GAME. Keeping a charitable store up is no joke, people. You can say that we can just up front give the products to the people in need in person, but, unfortunately, we have REAL LIVES. We can't be there 24/7 to help out. We also would like to spend that time gathering actually talking to other toons and roleplaying. I remember seeing a few stores that would pop up with the same price as my kits and I was honestly happy about that since there are more people pitching in to supply lowbies and newbies cheap healing to last on their own while killing rats and clearing the sewers without bankrupting them. But, *laughs* the other players realized how freaking difficult it is to keep that up and would end up selling kits that's far more powerful and far more expensive than what the low leveled toons needed.

So no. It's not about if the items were sold out or not. Honestly, I got rich faster than you think by selling cheap products. It's about WHO bought them and to WHOM they were supposed to go. I remember sending a tell to someone who I know hoards my kits, begging him NOT TO BUY EVERYTHING because I literally just restocked my store 30 seconds ago.

Of course, I'm not saying you should all break character and stop buying because "Oh, I saw Macy's post in the forums about how hard it is to blah-blah-blah and I want to be considerate". NO. Do whatever you think your toon would do as long as it is within Arelith rules. This is all OOC rant and info. This post should NEVER affect how you roleplay your toon.

Rant over.

PS: Macy misses you Shannon. <3

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:13 pm

I love you Macy and I love your cheap healing kits, don't ever change.

ty

Diilicious

Post by Diilicious » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Macy \o/ she misses her so much that she forgot her name was shanna! :D im jk. pls come back., we need to find macy a good husband!
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dalek Caan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:44 pm

I can only imagine the fat Shanna must have gathered on her account to this day. The gods know I have invested easily 400k for her stuff xD

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:13 am

DarkDreamer wrote:Imagine it like real world ideals, if people can get something free or exceptionally cheap, nine times outta ten, they will resell it for a higher rate. Its sadly how some people make money.
Not sure why this is sad? My merchant sells things cheap since she isn't out to be rich. If people use it fine, if they resell it, she doesn't care. if I gave something to someone for free and find out they are reselling it, she might get annoyed with that. But if someone buys something from me, they are free to do with it whatever they want.