The small things that make you smile

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

wulfburk

Re: The small things that make you smile

Post by wulfburk » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:59 pm

Dinosaur Space Program wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:17 am
The account name: The lesser of two weevils.
I love this. Without fail makes me smile.
I wish I had thought of it first.
It's so adorable!
glad to hear it xD, but i didnt think of it first!

*whistles* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=440l8poSQiA

Stratonike Silvbriga
Archamus Schelen
Demetrius Herhtov

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:24 am

Bashing corpses in the hub.
\

Huschpfusch

Post by Huschpfusch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:07 am

BegoneThoth wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:12 pm
Logging into the hub and seeing six bashed corpses.
Is there an actual story behind those corpses or did people just do a spontaneous random public deathmatch???
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

fulminea

Post by fulminea » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:14 am

Changing the diaper from hell. New kind of mystery diapers overwhelm me intellectualy- then when everything is over asking the baby "Did I do that well?" - baby pats my back like "There, there..." and nods reassuringly.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Huschpfusch wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:07 am
BegoneThoth wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:12 pm
Logging into the hub and seeing six bashed corpses.
Is there an actual story behind those corpses or did people just do a spontaneous random public deathmatch???
There's always a story.

Usually a sad, sordid tale.
\

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:41 am

Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

DarkFuneral209
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by DarkFuneral209 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:24 pm

When I first sailed on the Penny Rose.
When I first joined The Banites and was able to walk around Stonehold.
When I see locations in game that area just a awesome design. I like the new Bendir Area.

Shagrath Vivisector 4AR-32AR (Deceased)
Gorgoth Deathcrush 30AR-50AR (Deceased)
Blashyrh Exordium - Retired Cordor Guard
Tolstoy - Forest Rambler & Elf Nationlist
Abiff - Traveling Mage
Malory - Faceless

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:05 pm

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women. :)

Huschpfusch

Post by Huschpfusch » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:45 pm

1. When random PvE death provides the perfect hook to flesh out some more of characterconcept and personality.
2. When computer-controlled goblin-group spawns in perfect bowling-pin formation - ready to be fireball-rolled at! (what a shame summons ruined it...)
3. Portraits. Arelith portaitpack portraits. Portraits arrrr so many nice portraits!
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

TheShadowdove

Post by TheShadowdove » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:06 pm

The golden Halls are a fun place to be actually. I have had a lot of fun ever since my Character wandered in there. Dwarves and their kin are done right there.

Also, there is often a dwarf or two really trying to run a business in the merchant area. It has lead to some really run roleplay as well as transactions that were a great experience in Character.

Also, the shouting for people to be respectful is always great.

"Nae pets in the halls!"
"Dunnae be runnin' in th' blasted halls!"

Aside from that, the npcs tend to be great in most areas. Not just placeholders with close to zero dialogue and purpose. My wife made me redownload nwn to play the campaign with her again after all these years. We've been on and off online players since release, since long before we met actually, on mainly roleplay servers. Amia/Arelith included.

The point being that we decided to take a break from the campaign and try Arelith out again a while back now. The npcs roped her in. She was always an offline game lover, but the NPCs being such a living part of the Arelith world makes it feel like a good mixture of the two.

The npcs often come up in discussion with other ic characters as well, referred to as if they were simply other characters actually. So it cannot just be us who has developed a relationship with even the npcs in Arelith.

Arelith has created an atmosphere that really supports a variety of playstyles while appealing to just as wide as variety of "gamers".

The players. There really is a great player driven aspect to Arelith that very few roleplay servers and general fantasy roleplay communities have enjoyed since the release of the game hundreds of generations ago. Fact. Hundreds.

We have often in our roleplay or wandering encountered factions, events, or just random groups that have been organized by players. This has created an amazingly dynamic experience and memories that really make going to even the same areas a bit unique more often than just occasionally.

The fear of getting kidnapped or scammed by pirates, or fleeing to warn the other cities that "the drow are coming!" Are things that have made just going to finish a bounty/writ so much more exciting than they would have otherwise been.

Seeing more NPCs with purposeful dialogue and dm/player driven world events are things we definitely look forward to. They're things that will keep is playing this ancient game for a long time probably.

Huschpfusch

Post by Huschpfusch » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Huschpfusch

Post by Huschpfusch » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:04 pm

The thing The Kriv wrote in the suggestions box, yknow, about them companions wasting their special abilites on the first rabid wolverine critter to come along. So true. So true!

----

Companion to druid: "Forget Morghun the Black, Moradel the Vampire Queen.. - rabid wolverine is pure evil! Pure evil incarnate I tell ya!"
Druid to companion: "Sure it is. Sure it is." *puts tinfoil hat on companion*

cornelius_4
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by cornelius_4 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:05 pm

This by Irongron had me snicker, I think because it reminded me of what a duergar might say.
Still, I remember years ago, when Artos, who inspired me so much to take over his work in building Arelith, warned me about doing too much, that no matter how much worked, expectations would rise to meet them, and I would met with complaints, not gratitude for such efforts, forever being faced with demands for more.
Poor Irongron, doomed to thankless unending toil. Good thing he gets to play a while now.

I do like Arelith though, even though I don't mention it so often and sometimes dont participate as much as is the spirit of things. It's just nice to see the atmosphere of places, see how much I like a build and then maybe rp a little here and there. And maybe to try and sneak in a joke in posts. Hopefully some of that comes through somehow someway though.

Anira

Post by Anira » Wed May 12, 2021 4:30 pm

Toads.

Real, live toads that haven't been smashed by Ettin Poachers.