Recent enchantment changes

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

susitsu

Re: Recent enchantment changes

Post by susitsu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Tfw the Arelith multiverse is going into an interdimensional Great Depression of its own kind.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:07 pm

Update 24/03/2017:

Procedural items now have a chance to spawn with the runic property. The runic property improves the success of next property to be enchanted on an item based on the following rules:

Skill Focus: Enchantment: +33% success rate.
Greater Skill Focus: Enchantment: +66% success rate.
Epic Skill Focus: Enchantment: +100% success rate.

You can tell this property is active on an item in a number of ways. First, the name of the item will be coloured blue. Second, extra text will be visible at the bottom of the item's description, explaining that the item is now more enchantable, and specifying hich type of enchanter is required to take advantage of the runic nature of the item.
Enchanters are (again) incredibly useful.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Next patch: enchantment nerfs!

homestuff

Post by homestuff » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:02 pm

Just to add some recent experience with these updates:

Just had to basically squash some Enchanter for hire Rp, solely because of the lvl 15 requirement for +2 skills. My character was asked to prepare an item to be enchanted later by an master enchanter, but couldn't because of the lvl requirement. I understand the intent here is too stop lower level PC's from just givng themselves +22 in a skill in low levels. But given they could just find someone who IS lvl 15 to do it for them with relative ease I can see this being mostly just a huge hindrance for merchant type RP given higher level characters who want to source out some enchanting too lower level PC basically, cant.

So now im in this awkward position where my character wants to start a business and Rp being an enchanter, but instead I have to go grind out some more levels to do so.

Red Sunset

Post by Red Sunset » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:29 pm

homestuff wrote:Just to add some recent experience with these updates:

Just had to basically squash some Enchanter for hire Rp, solely because of the lvl 15 requirement for +2 skills. My character was asked to prepare an item to be enchanted later by an master enchanter, but couldn't because of the lvl requirement. I understand the intent here is too stop lower level PC's from just givng themselves +22 in a skill in low levels. But given they could just find someone who IS lvl 15 to do it for them with relative ease I can see this being mostly just a huge hindrance for merchant type RP given higher level characters who want to source out some enchanting too lower level PC basically, cant.

So now im in this awkward position where my character wants to start a business and Rp being an enchanter, but instead I have to go grind out some more levels to do so.
Can they find an enchanter who will deck them out with this +22 easily? Its a good question. All I know is personally my character refuses. Even with the experience cost removed it's still not a profitable use of time. It's pretty tedious enchanting all that, naming things, then figuring out what is owed. My character always refuses unless they also do a favor or some work for her. Most won't do the favor and so don't get her help.

I might make things now and then and sell in a shop if I had one, but tailored items en masse is boring and tedious.

While I understand its annoying to have to gain levels to sell the things you want you'll always be at a disadvantage there anyway. Its not like a low level with tailoring will even have the skill to make those fine elven boots; they need to gain levels too. I would just suggest to find some merchant consortium to join and work your way up from making bottles and simple stuff.

Flameborn

Post by Flameborn » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:36 pm

homestuff wrote:Just to add some recent experience with these updates:

A level 5 mage can't make and sell timestop scrolls either. You'll have to accept that some crafts are meant for higher level characters, and some are not.

Tailors, potion brewers, people who make tons of glass, and even gem cutters can all create tons of business right at level 3 off the boat if they put themselves out there.
"Never underestimate the enmity of those for which outrage is a sport."

homestuff

Post by homestuff » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Oh I totally get that low level characters don't have the same access to things as higher level ones, and that makes complete sense.I guess this just feels like more awkward of a progression to me given you can still enchant +1 abilitys and spell slots, which are higher value enchantments before level 15.

My intent was mostly just to throw up some feedback.
Not trying to be complainy at all, though I guess my first post may have came off that way.