Things that really grind your gears...

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

-XXX-

Re: Things that really grind your gears...

Post by -XXX- » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:37 pm

High Primate wrote:
Hunter548 wrote: I've been dying a lot in PvP recently too
But I thought u were gud
Being good and having a strong build is hardly the only deciding factor in PvP. But that's fine. Sometimes having your character lose can make up for a much more fun experience for all involved (yourself included). This is not a competitive game after all. Wish more ppl would realize that.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Reading interesting forum posts while alt tabbed, only to alt tab back in and be in the death area.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Rwby wrote:Reading interesting forum posts while alt tabbed, only to alt tab back in and be in the death area.
Me except that in "the death area" place is "the game crashes" ;-;
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:36 pm

High Primate wrote:
But I thought u were gud
He isn't.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Peppermint wrote:
High Primate wrote:
But I thought u were gud
He isn't.
can confirm im bad at the game
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Also hate dying because you rest and your con buff vanishes.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Rwby wrote:Also hate dying because you rest and your con buff vanishes.
Or you get negative con due to tiredness and that kills you >.<

I died in the arena, came back with 1HP... then got sent to the fugue as my tiredNess went to -10%

Nordic_War_Song

Post by Nordic_War_Song » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:32 am

-Server transitioning as a mage into eight thousand four hundred foot tall enemies that eat you immediately. (Or, at least, that's how it seems when they can remember their deaths*

-Enchantment Basins

-Accidentally shooting an ally because their character moved to the left right as I clicked and I couldn't cancel it in time.

-When I'm so tired that I should have been asleep four hours before the adventure ended, then two feet from the inn, in depth RP happens.

The lack of twenty pound cheese wheels for all my cheese addicts to carry around.

azrael_athing

Post by azrael_athing » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:59 pm

RL, it keeps getting in the way of of my RP. Really grinds my gear
#ignoranceisbliss

Rabbid
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Rabbid » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:46 am

When I forget to remove my Horse from the party and it Follows me into the Nomad.
Kalgoon wrote:Drow PC waltzed into Cordor and proceeded to murder like disco was going out of style
Kuma wrote:It's 1372 after Bane's resurrection but before the Silence of Lolth
Which means that Elminster has been trapped in hell for 130 years
+1

Sockss

Post by Sockss » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Especially when you're dex based and have no lenses.
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.

Voidstone Roulette

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Sockss wrote:Image

Especially when you're dex based and have no lenses.

Just like everything else that bothers you, bash it.
0 Bonus: Does not stay in character, rushes around from spawn to spawn killing things with little to no interaction.

Sockss

Post by Sockss » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:03 pm

It took a whole 10 minutes to bash with my noodly arms.

Dorkas

Post by Dorkas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:21 am

People who own shops forever and keep the same few crappy items in it that no one wants nor buys, yet they never update the shop or bother to release it.

People who price artefacts for absurd prices simply because it's an artefact, even if it's +4 completely useless skill, and nothing else.

Oh Jinkies, I Cant See Without My Glasses

Post by Oh Jinkies, I Cant See Without My Glasses » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:55 am

-XXX- wrote:
High Primate wrote:
But I thought u were gud
Being good and having a strong build is hardly the only deciding factor in PvP. But that's fine. Sometimes having your character lose can make up for a much more fun experience for all involved (yourself included). This is not a competitive game after all. Wish more ppl would realize that.
Reminds me of a time in ye olden days where I was playing my absurdly overgeared monk, and was about to get into a fight with 3 people. Should've been difficult, but doable to win.
One of the guys is a Scythe WM, he apparently has Improved Power Attack - which is rare enough. He steps up, rolls 2 20's on the first attacks and the fight was over in one round.

Remember kids, God has a sniper aimed at you at all times. Don't give him a reason.

As for something that grinds my gears, it's the *nods* when passing by people. I just reflect back on real life, or even medieval history and think 'would people just nod silently at each other when passing?' and when I realize the answer is a loud No, I get annoyed each time I see it. I've played on this server since Sasha Silverscales was still in the process of putting down all those signs that has helped countless people over the years on the roads and it's still a thing.

There are so many things you can do instead. Have a macro where you obviously eyeball someone, as if searching for worthwhile possessions - creates tension if the person you're passing thinks you might be a bandit if you write an emote like that. Greet them, give Chauntea's blessings, just bless them in general. Do anything but nod. Look at the many ways you can give flavor to your character in just the smallest passing along the road instead of giving a *nods*.

*nods* is the equivalent of a student just writing dumb stuff on a paper because he didn't do the assignment and just filled in stuff so he handed in something. It'd be better to hand in nothing and explain why you handed in nothing at that point.

I ranted a bit more on that than I intended. Sorry. Pet peeve that's been going on for years.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Oh Jinkies, I Cant See Without My Glasses wrote:As for something that grinds my gears, it's the *nods* when passing by people. I just reflect back on real life, or even medieval history and think 'would people just nod silently at each other when passing?' and when I realize the answer is a loud No, I get annoyed each time I see it.
People nod silently at me (IRL) in passing all the time.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Venger

Post by Venger » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Australia's a fictional country, though.

I'm guilty of forgetting from time to time, but people going on and on in their racial language while other people are just sitting there scratching their nose is a mild peeve.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Venger wrote:Australia's a fictional country, though.
I forget sometimes.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Venger wrote: I'm guilty of forgetting from time to time, but people going on and on in their racial language while other people are just sitting there scratching their nose is a mild peeve.
And now I can die a happy man as my task to annoy is complete! ;)

Although I do know I feel like a moron when I realize after a couple of sentences, or worse, paragraphs, that my character is still chattering away in their racial language. Especially with the update so that in the chat bar we see English instead of the gibberish and so do not realize it immediately!

Rags

Post by Rags » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:25 pm

Tomar the Fruit Vendor.

Oh Jinkies, I Cant See Without My Glasses

Post by Oh Jinkies, I Cant See Without My Glasses » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:People nod silently at me (IRL) in passing all the time.
There's only 35 people in Australia though, the rest are spiders pretending to be people.

caldura firebourne

Post by caldura firebourne » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:32 pm

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:
Oh Jinkies, I Cant See Without My Glasses wrote:As for something that grinds my gears, it's the *nods* when passing by people. I just reflect back on real life, or even medieval history and think 'would people just nod silently at each other when passing?' and when I realize the answer is a loud No, I get annoyed each time I see it.
People nod silently at me (IRL) in passing all the time.
Happens alot where I live too, but it's a small town and almost everyone knows who I am because I'm the only bartender who knows how to properly mix drinks
Plays as the monster in your closet

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Light sensitive. Walking at night. Taking one step into a forest (server transition). Suddenly it is midday. Ow. My gears. They are ground.

Sockss

Post by Sockss » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:03 pm

*Nods*

caldura firebourne

Post by caldura firebourne » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Someone out of nowhere starts talking to you like they know who you are, on a topic you have no clue about... Only to find out they're facing sideways to the person they're actually talking to, and at a shouting distance to them
Plays as the monster in your closet