[FL] Bugs (and Typos) Thread

Moderators: DM Symphony, Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Seyormi

Re: [FL] Bugs (and Typos) Thread

Post by Seyormi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:53 pm

oh yeah...and there's no way to get improved combat casting.

Meshin

Post by Meshin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Mordenkainens Sword does not appear to get any of the stat buffs that the spell changes says it should when summoning with greater/epic transmutation focus from its base stats in the summoning thread.

Greater shadow conjuration:Summon shadow summons a lvl 1 5hp shadow on epic caster with all the CL feats.

Meshin

Post by Meshin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 am

The northern transition in bonefields east going to bonefields west is broken.

Also as of the previous server reset the -yoink bug is still a thing.

Dardens Folly portal destination disappears from my list of locations to -teleport to after server resets.

bumpkin4747

Post by bumpkin4747 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:23 pm

When an area attack is used a second time the loot/body is destroyed. This
also happens when monsters use area attacks. Kill 6 trolls, orcs and giants
and only got to loot 1 body, the giant. The giants rocks destroyed the
loot.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:23 am

Bumpin: Yeah, that piques me, especially seeing how prevalent AoE damage is on the mobs and a must for poor classes like the True Flame. If it's possible, rather than making loot indestructible, it might be good to make them at least durable, so single casts wouldn't poof them. No clue if it's possible.
Carry your bag in a sea of stories
To her mainland in Caesarea
Fly the flag of your borrowed glories
Till the west end of Old Sofia

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DM Symphony » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:31 pm

Bodies in FL only having a few dozen HP instead of a few thousand HP is consequential of a recent script import. Until recently, bodies were seldom destroyed, even intentionally.

Bones Mist and Moons
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Bones Mist and Moons » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:07 am

Meshin wrote:The northern transition in bonefields east going to bonefields west is broken.
Temple of Malar (Acolyte's Quarter) - There is a chest labeled "Plot Item Container"

Warlock's "-warlock negative" and shortcuts doesn't properly set their damage type. I don't know if this is a problem with any of the feylock damage types. Will test later.
Don't use cross-area parties and -dispel while idle. Every bit of lag less is a penny in my therapy jar.

Bones - Necromancy, Life, Death, Creation, Time.
Mist - Mystery, Secrecy, Mysticism, Beauty.
Moons - Light, Dark, Space, Magic, Travel.

SteelsSweets
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SteelsSweets » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:52 pm

Strength wonkiness.

I've notice that if you get encumbered then cast bulls, it doesn't remove the walking restriction. Your lbs capacity goes up on your inventory but you still can't run.

I just noticed I was 3 lbs away from encumbrance so I cast bulls. I still got the encumbered message even though my lbs capacity was 300 and I wasn't anywhere near that. Still can't run.

Not too sure what is going on.
Discord: SteelsSweets#4815

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DM Symphony » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Mithreas came out with an encumberance patch, and then Irongron did the same thing 3 days later.

They did not make the same changes.

On FL, if you have less than 18 strength, you can carry 18 strength worth of stuff, which is 200 lbs. You cannot carry more then 200 lbs worth of stuff until you have 19 strength, as the strength scores above 17 are all NWN default.

If you are using the main server's encumberance.2da in your override folder, the readouts for your encumberance in your inventory screen will be incorrect when playing NWN in any game or server except for the main server Arelith.

Bioware created the hak loading system to load custom 2das for certain servers and not others to prevent this from happening, which is one of the reasons I've said that Arelith, being hak free, IS the hacked version of NWN that some people are afraid of, whereas using hak content is relatively straight forward when designed properly.

Haks behave like temporary expansion packs that add edits or new content to the game from basically a compressed folder while you're in the server that requests them.

If requested, I can distribute the encumberance.2da for FL, but, most people don't even use it in override since it is far easier to remember FL's "If you can carry less than 200, you can carry 200" change from the stock game.

If you'd like to disable the main server's encumberance.2da while you're playing on FL, you can rename it to something like Xencumberance.2da while you're not playing on the main server.

DerivateDraugr

Post by DerivateDraugr » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:58 am

My character doesn't have Turn Undead, despite having taken 5 lvls of Harper Paragon, and having the Feat. I can't use it.

Should I just buy Extra Turning? How many Turnings will that give me?

Solved: Oops! The fix to this is in the wiki, under Harper Scouts.
Sorry

DerivateDraugr

Post by DerivateDraugr » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:48 pm

Was attacked by an invisible enemy near the White Elk tribe.
I tried to have my summon attack it, and tried to cast TS on myself, to no avail.
I then left the area.

Also, and I am not too sure this is a bug, but while my Wild Mage 9 can cast chaos shield, my Wild mage 8/ PM 1 cannot, no matter how many times I level her up and give her new feats. She gets new stuff as a PM, for example, but no Chaos shield.
Does this mean she will never get to buy a feat in order to have -fate?

Meshin

Post by Meshin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:30 am

The -delete_character function is no longer working. Appears to have broken when the server address changed.

The Mark of Destiny doesn't appear to be working whether you select yes or no during character creation.