[FL] Bugs (and Typos) Thread

Moderators: DM Symphony, Forum Moderators

Tashalar

[FL] Bugs (and Typos) Thread

Post by Tashalar » Thu May 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Given I can't make another subsection on the forums, this will have to do.

Please post FL-specific bugs, and any typos you find in the module, here.
#2: Archmage Swift's Spellduel Rules
#3: "But I'm An Abjurer, I Can't Conjure!"
#4: This Spellbook Is Fire
#5: Think For Once, Archmage Amana
#6: Cor, What A Stunner
#8: Sigermane Special
#9: What Is This, Cordor In The Fifties?

Nemain

Re: [FL] Bugs (and Typos) Thread

Post by Nemain » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Bardsong progression feat: It's worked fine up until my character had a total perform of 68 (with a 70 once bardsong got going). Given that I was only a mere two points away from maxing out the soft bonus on perform, I decided to take this feat one last time....

Big mistake: now Darathra Lightouch has a mere 20 perform, where she used to have 68. I don't know if her song level has been reset aswell, along with the perform skill.

Kreydis

Post by Kreydis » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:00 am

Raise, resurrection, along with the death mechanics aren't working for anyone who doesn't know about it. So if you actually manage to make it to the death area, you will not be raised! (Don't die folks!)

Faction salaries aren't paying out either, over the course of 3 or so resets I've yet to see the faction account dip and over the course of many IG months no salaries have been paid out.
It's a Dwarf, no it's a Dragon, no it's a Halfling! I think.

Mithreas
Arelith Admin (Fixed Level)

Post by Mithreas » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:02 pm

I've fixed up the bardsong issue (and related ranger issue) and the death/raise issues, I think. Along with a range of other minor things.

All effective next time Symph resets the server. Let me know what else I broke along the way :)
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

evilkittenofdoom

Post by evilkittenofdoom » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Since there's a thread for it, I figure I may as well use it, hmm?

(Copied from Discord as per request)

-- Player Tool 1 is not a swift action, and requires standard activation times.

As I find additional things, I'll note them here.

The death penalty is still applying, and even after recovering, the message that you have recovered is repeating itself every tick thereafter.

miesny_jez
Contributor
Contributor

Post by miesny_jez » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:44 am

Drider Sniper
The mob doesn't do anything beside standing. Probably would respond to melee attacks but usually spawns on top of a cliff (just outside Udith Che, Scavangers nest) where it is inaccessible for melee.

Would be more in-setting to change it to Drider Scout (I saw that one using bow) to also reflect current developments in UD.

Karris the Anarchist

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:20 pm

Shifter: Drider shape doesn't seem to be merging any weapon properties onto its weapon, despite being an armed shape.

Also: Expertise is cancelled after every attack in most forms, meaning you cannot sustain the mode.
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

Mithreas

Post by Mithreas » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:54 am

Item property merge to ranged weapons does seem to be broken - the code is probably set to only merge to melee weapons.

Not sure about expertise - no idea what's behind that.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Seyormi

Post by Seyormi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:21 am

Well, i've long noticed on my monk that if he's carrying a torch or a shield, that expertise, power attack, or flurry of blows will deactivate as soon as he's done a fight or moves.

Karris the Anarchist

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:58 pm

Mithreas wrote:Item property merge to ranged weapons does seem to be broken - the code is probably set to only merge to melee weapons.

Not sure about expertise - no idea what's behind that.
1) In case with the drider merge, maybe the bow can recieve a slight buff? Maybe to reflect the relative power of the previous form's weapon? (+2, mighty to use the strength - giving electrical damage instead of poison seems a good alternative). At the moment I find the Manticore's Spikes more reliable if I need to go ranged since the AB is sort of weak... but at the same time, I've yet to find any DEX attribute boosts to merge into the form, so it may even out.

2) As for the expertise, there does seem to be a discrepancy with the forms. I will test it and come back with a status.

EDIT: It seems to my merged weapon that casts lightning on hit. The expertise script catches it as a spell, and then deactivates the mode :)
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

miesny_jez
Contributor
Contributor

Post by miesny_jez » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:33 am

Not sure if bug or not but..

There is obviously a very "poor" Ancient Blue Dragon in a certain location.

Poor as its missing its treasure trove. Could You help him with that? I understand it didn't want to share its treasures with some nosing adventurers but not having any at all even a single chest ?

From dnd wiki:
Blue dragons favor treasures as visually appealing as they are valuable. Blues love gems, particularly sapphires and other blue stones. They equally admire lovely works of art and jewelry. Although such an event is rare, given blues’ innate draconic greed, blue dragons have been known to leave behind treasures they find unattractive, feeling that the presence of such treasures would sully the magnificence of their hoards and thus the magnificence of the dragons themselves.
Also can You boost his discipline a bit? He was certainly too much on the ground from Knockdowns

hmm.. could be a nice idea to make an RP event from that = Blue enslaving players to search for gems and magical items for it :D

Hennik

Post by Hennik » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Couple typos I found:
In the radial menu crafting dialogue, under the craft trap section; What I assume to mean "Spike trap" is called a "Speak trap." Though a speak trap could be interesting (like the Magic Mouth spell from PnP)
In the description for the Red Dragon Rug in Minmir; near the bottom of the description is the word "projecting" which I assume should be "protecting"

farathx

Post by farathx » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:23 pm

The prices for enchantments have long been bugged, and this is getting worse.

For example, to make a +4 search, +4 disable traps, + 4 pick locks ring of common material, Ugor should pay 70, 120, and about 170 gold for each enchant. In actual fact the cost is 215, 648 and 1100 (approximately). The first and second enchant have been bugged a long time, the third only for about a year.

This bug has just spread to tailoring, though in a slightly different way. On adding +4 search to a pair of silk gloves, I was told it would cost 41 gold. It actually cost 552. The next enchant is said to cost 69. I didn't find out what it actually cost, but it was more than the 500 Xar had at the time.

Ugor no longer makes his rings, Xar will make no more safecracker gloves. Not at the current price, anyway.

Sourdust

DM Symphony
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Symphony » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:12 am

Alright, I'll bite. How high are these crafting ranks?

farathx

Post by farathx » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:07 am

Xar has 92 tailoring ranks, plus the relevant non-epic spell foci.

Further information:

Putting four skill ranks on leather boots costs exactly as much as doing the same on silk gloves. Therefore, the material quality is somehow not being included. Putting a +3 AC bonus on the resulting boots cost more than the 1600 Xar was carrying.

Sourdust

farathx

Post by farathx » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:18 am

Yet further information:

Putting a +4 skill on a mundane ring has not changed. Says it costs 215, and does.

Putting a +4 ability on a gold ring costs more than it says it does. I did not care to find out how much.

127 skills in both cases.

Sourdust

farathx

Post by farathx » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Experiment shows that handicrafting is unaffected by this problem. I've been told that smithing is also OK.

Sourdust

bumpkin4747

Post by bumpkin4747 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:05 am

Smithing is screwed up with the same bug

Drink Coffee and Do Good Things

Post by Drink Coffee and Do Good Things » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:06 am

I also noted that when putting +4 skill on a commoner outfit in the enchanting basin, the cost of the enchant was LESS than the dialog box stated.
EDIT: It's actually costing half then the quoted price: +4 Disable trap on plain gloves quoted at 460 but cost 230, with 1 tailoring rank and using an enchanting basin

farathx

Post by farathx » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:56 pm

The enchanting basins are working correctly. I've added skills and AC to leather boots, abilities to silver and gold jewellery, and all cost exactly as specified.

Sourdust

Seyormi

Post by Seyormi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:46 pm

well, as of today i don't have any of my bonus spell feats...i know another char who has the same problem.

sucks to be a cleric, yo.

bumpkin4747

Post by bumpkin4747 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:38 am

Gain spell not working for my cleric, not sure about wizards etc.

Should have extra lvl 1-5 but none showing.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:56 pm

The spells a favored soul casts are switched to being 'used' when relogging.

Example: I have 3 level 1 spell slots. I cast protection from evil. I crash and re-enter the server.
Protection from evil is greyed out and can no longer be cast, despite having 2 slots remaining. Casting other spells does not refresh protection from evil.

Some kind of -refresh command along the lines of what's been suggested for warlocks and weavemasters elsewhere would fix this, I think.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Mithreas

Post by Mithreas » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:02 am

You crash? That's odd... what happens when you log out normally?

Edit - ah, no, found it. Spell tracker code. Fixed for next reset, and I'll see about live patching the server :)

Seyormi

Post by Seyormi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:52 pm

i noticed that while wearint gear that gives a feat, in specific, an amulet that grants spell penetration, that i would qualify for greater spell penetration by virtue of just wearing it at the trainer.

i haven't tried this with other items that grant feats, nor i have i bought a feat granted by it (or the consequences of THAT) but i though i'd give a heads up.