Recent Adjustments

Moderators: DM Symphony, Forum Moderators

Recent Adjustments

Postby DM Symphony » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:14 am

Some changes have gone into the server recently, mostly affecting resources and crafting.

To date, these adjustments are as follows:

Natural resources (Deposits, Ores, et cetra) have been mostly moved. They are in less obvious places now. Get some friends, look around.

They have been increased overall (some of them nearly tripled or quadrupled, and others only available in end-game areas expanded to the rest of the server). I have also moved a lot of them away from bosses. Some of them are very valuable, and not even in dangerous places.

I will begin to have them regularly rotated, and, I will also put out some "one-off" resources on the server that will not respawn. Many of the resources follow patterns and trends (always in the sun, or, near the water, et cetra).

Keep your eyes open for clues and patterns (easy example, Copper and Malachite now "nest" near each other. Rarely you will see one without the other, so if you -don't- see the other, look wider).

Crafting Recipes have been adjusted. Few have been edited with increased material needs (ingots), but, mostly, there is a lot of new content. There will be some frustration, perhaps, but minor compared to the advantages.

Ex: Positive and negative permanent essences have been removed. The materials were too cheap, and they bypassed too much damage on the server. Temporary essences (1d6) have been added. Until I start publishing FL wiki pages, the full list of recipe changes (added/removed) is here.

This is just a list, you will have to go in game and make some items to see what they do.

Populations have been slightly adjusted, and in some places, species changed entirely.

There are now some areas with new populations, and there are also, like resources, some areas that have populations that will not respawn. Keep your eyes open, and work together in teams when possible.

Loot has been adjusted. Valuable "junk" has mostly stopped spawning in junk containers, and, some creatures have had their loot adjusted. Mostly, items like "fine necklace" have been removed, and replaced with stackable tradable craftable items like gems, so that necklace collections no longer fill player inventories.

More adjustments coming soon. Please PM me with concerns.

Grazie,
DM Symphony
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Plays as: bs; c#s; ds; es; f#s; and g#s

Re: Recent Adjustments

Postby DM Symphony » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:16 am

Nines,

I'm going to start updating this more often, even if I'm not changing much, just so you have an idea of what I've been up to. It will be vague. Serious announcements will be going into the FL updates thread that Mithreas started.

Grazie,
Symphony

Changes:
  • Some resources relocated, mostly amongst the popular ones.
  • Area creatures modified/replaced
  • More portal destinations added
  • Helmet, shield, and armor loot modified to have material properties. Some pointless properties removed/replaced
  • Bounty collectors added to the Arena, and the Caravan
DM Symphony
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Plays as: bs; c#s; ds; es; f#s; and g#s

Return to FLT - Fix Level Talk