FL Update Thread

Moderators: DM Symphony, Forum Moderators

Mithreas
Arelith Admin (Fixed Level)

FL Update Thread

Post by Mithreas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:59 pm

FL should now be current with all the updates made to the main server in the last few weeks, including
- crafting database migration
- new warlock stuff
- fighter enhancements (but as yet, no feat to get more fighter levels for the purpose of their ability)
... and pretty much everything else from the main server update thread.

Please let me know of any bugs - there will probably be some, unfortunately.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas

Re: FL Update Thread

Post by Mithreas » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:16 am

FL has received a stealth update... stealth in that I'm not going to tell you what's in it :)

Looking forward to some of you finding out, though...
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas

Post by Mithreas » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:18 am

I've brought the FL server up to date with the latest codebase (notably, the recent changes to barbarians and harper scouts are live).

DM Symphony
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Symphony » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:57 am

Hello folks, happy to be posting in this thread.

The Fixed Level server has had a number of issues for a while stemming from the merge of some updates that took place in November, and I'm happy to say that Mithreas has taken some time to look over my bug list, and Scholar Midnight was able to give him server access to upload some major fixes!

I am hoping that this is just the start of a lot of server development, so please stay tuned as we focus on different aspects of updates, one at a time.

Fixed Level Updates
Effective August 21st 2016:

Player
• Bard Song Feats removed from Trainer for Favored Souls (pointless)
• Dragon Strength Removed from Trainer for Red Dragon Disciples (pointless)
• "Bard Song Levels" bonus feats capped at 10 purchases (caused bugs)
• "Ranger Skills Levels" bonus feats capped at 10 purchases (caused bugs)

Server
• Mismatched Climbing Transition in the "Barrow Grounds" properly configured.
• A naming issue causing problems for fixtures in the Cordor Keep now resolved.
• Population Script population sizes reset back to 0 from a very high number beyond "spreading out of control".

System
• Characters who die now have 100% chance of going to the "Not Quite Death" area.
• Raise dead and Resurrection now function properly.
• Crafting point maximums now calculated differently. Daily maxes are now set to 18 + 1 per training (original system), with a minimum of 50 points (recent fixed value). Characters with the crafting gift receive 10 more daily maximum crafting points, as per both previous systems.
• Issue with SL and feat loss resulting from lowered ability scores now fixed.

I have not been able to verify each of these fixes, but, most of them seem to be in effect. Please let me know immediately if you have any issues.

Next intended updates are to include some of the main server's new features that have not been added to the Fixed Level server.
—Symphony

Mithreas

Post by Mithreas » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:23 am

I've just applied something like nine months' worth of changes from the main server over to FL. There are too many to list individually, and there are bound to be issues - both straight bugs, and things that don't quite work right for FL.

Please use the forum to flag anything that doesn't look right, or which causes problems for FL - I've fixed the build system so we can apply updates to FL pretty easily now.